PDA

View Full Version : Serena VS Capriati...the winner of this match will wim Wimbledon!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:40 AM
i TRUELLY beleive the winner of this quarterfinal match will win it all, If Serena wins, and she is the favourite, she has no real competition on grass (her sisters in no shape to challenge Rena) and i do think that if ANYBODY can beat Serena its Capriati....hey in the bets she only behind the sisters and the belgiams...she can do it

what do you all think??????

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:41 AM
You're right, Serena will win Wimbledon.

selesrules
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Kim Clijsters will win.

Brandon85
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:44 AM
jennifer will win it if she gets past the quarters...you can do it go jen!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:46 AM
LMAO @ Kim winning wimbledon!!!.....shes no match for either Rena OR Capriati on Grass....Henin has a better chance with both her hands in casts!

Sam L
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Yeah I said something like this before the French Open started.

Serena vs. Justine will decide the winner of the tournament. Y'all know what happened.

Anyway, good luck, I'm not getting any vibes for this tournament. I have a hunch about Kim Clijsters but it's not too strong. :(

Venus Forever
Jen won't win, too many players own her right now. Sure, one win over one of them, but three in a row. Highly doubt it.

Serena owns her, Justine owns her, Venus owns her, Lindsay aparently owns her, Kim's probably got her number.

Not happening.

Hulet
:rolleyes: great, anotherjinx thread.

Trish101
Ryan...Rena will most likely =win yes but IF Jen wins...and she could she plays her best against Serena (i think its because she wants to beat her soooo bad!) that Jennifer has a VERY good chance of winning...on grass

Jordan.
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Jen won't win, too many players own her right now. Sure, one win over one of them, but three in a row. Highly doubt it.

Serena owns her, Justine owns her, Venus owns her, Lindsay aparently owns her, Kim's probably got her number.

Not happening.

:rolleyes:

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Kim Clijsters will win.

Didn't you predict Monica to win?

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:51 AM
LOL well if serena has her number Venus forever than Jennifer got Renas first, same goes with every other supposedly "great tennis lady" in the top ten...and dont count that bitch of yours out either Venus forever cause Jennifer was THIS close from schooling her black ass at the ericsson open (its called cheating!)

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Lol @ Trish101!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:53 AM
thats right baby Jen is just as worthy a champion as MS THANG!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:54 AM
LOL @ TenniSta

i heart backhand
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Jennifer will take Serena 7-5 in the third.

Jennifer will then defeat Justine in the Semis.

Finally, she'll beat Kim in the final to take her first Wimbledon title.

In doing all of this she will prove herself the best player in the word, beating the #1, #2 and #3 players to win.

I've had too much chocolate.

selesrules
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:17 AM
I predicted Monica to win, but she's injured and didn't enter the tournament. I can't control injuries. Since Monica did not enter, Kim is my pick to win.

Venus Forever
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:32 AM
LOL well if serena has her number Venus forever than Jennifer got Renas first, same goes with every other supposedly "great tennis lady" in the top ten...and dont count that bitch of yours out either Venus forever cause Jennifer was THIS close from schooling her black ass at the ericsson open (its called cheating!)

Who cares who had whose number first?? Serena has it NOW, and that's all that matters.

Yeah, Jen was sooo close, but guess what, SHE DIDN'T. And I would consider a three set match schooling, I would call that a mightly struggle.

Now, I would say that a 6-4 6-2 victory a schooling. Remember that match, Trish? Venus totally wiped the floor with Jen, and Jen was not even off her game, Venus was just too good. :p

And cheating, what in the world are you talking about?? :confused:

Brandon85
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:40 AM
jennifer will eventually beat serena i just know it. it might be here...if they meet in the quarters.

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Venus owns Capriati so I wouldn't say either one would win. Capriati may not be in good enough shape to beat Clijsters either

tennisIlove09
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:22 AM
To say Venus owns Capriati is going a little far, IMO. Sure Venus HAS owned her, but they haven't played forever, it's hard to say who would win right now. Especially if Venus is off, as she has been.

Still, should (they both make it) Jennifer def. Serena in the QF, she still has a lot of work to do. Henin is a tough customer on grass. Remember she beat Jennifer in her best year 2001 on grass. And Henin is a lot better now. Should she get past Serena AND Henin, the finalist will be tough. Venus, Davenport, Clijsters, Rubin...whoever, it will be tough.

But first, Jennifer has to

1-Get to the QF
2-Beat Serena, something she has done in 2 years...and something else is beating a player ranked higher then her--something she has done in OVER 2 years

disposablehero
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Jennifer will win it if she gets past the Final.

What did you just step into a 2 year time machine or something?

Sam L
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:25 AM

You'd hope so after she's come that far. :o

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Well from what we've seen from jennifer lately I suspect that she would still find a way to lose if she got past the final. :eek:

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:29 AM

What did you just step into a 2 year time machine or something?

lol! so true, it's like an episode of 'early edition' or something ;)

moby
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Well from what we've seen from jennifer lately I suspect that she would still find a way to lose if she got past the final. :eek:

precisely

harloo
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:00 AM
I see it happening like this, if Rena gets past Jen then she will beat Justine and win the title.

If Capriati gets past Rena she will lose to Justine and Justine might win. NOT TOO SURE with Justine though.

Kim will only win if Serena and Justine are knocked out, Kim will beat Jennifer though.

Venus can win it all, but she first must get past the Russians. If Vee gets past the Russians expect her too get to the finals and possibly take the title and regain her crown.

1jackson2001
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Ok, if u think so. ;)

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:14 AM
WHY WHY WHYY??? Its tooo funny how you all brush off Jennifer, sure SERENA has had pure luck beating Jen because thats all it has been PURE DUMB FLUKY luck...
6-4 in the third is not "owning jen" its "Rena was lucky",if anything. The same thing with Henin Kim Davenport AND Chanda all 6-4 in the third!.... so DONT get me started!

IF Jen beats Serena AND if she plays well she very well might (she has the weapons) she'll win it, why? well Justines injured (it could resurface) and in the final Kim will choke like she did @ the French or Jen will raise her level, (Jen remember) has NEVER lost in a major final, and if she gets to the final i dont see her loosing either.

i still think Serena will win it BUT IF Jen beats Serena in the quarters you can bet your bottom dollar itll be Jennifer Capriatis name on that big oval dish for 2003!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:17 AM
and you can quote me on that too...in fact when jen wins the tournement, i will bring this thread back up and you can all pay me! hahahaha

cheeky
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:17 AM
you can call it whatever you want but it sure isnt luck!!!Serena has been playing extremely well against not just capriati but everyone!!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:25 AM
very true...cheeky baby im not debating the fact that shes been dominating tennis for two years now, im simply stating a fact, the fact that these VERY CLOSE three set matches between a supposedly "pathetic" player like Capriati and Rena could have easily gone in the favour or Jennifer on several occassions...but she wasnt able to close it out ...a feww points here and there was all the difference, thats all im saying.

IM ALSO saying that while a supposedly "BAD" Capriati takes Serena to 6-4 in the third most top ten woman fall to Rena 6-3 6-2 or in straight sets...what does that say about those other supposedly "better" woman?? NOT MUCH if you ask me! stop bashing capriati ppl cause while your players are chiken shit of the william sisters Capriati is the only woman (other than occasionaly Kim and Henin) that can dish out the punishment to those W sistahs!

cheeky
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:34 AM
i,for one, has never questioned capriati as not being a threat,she always plays her best when reaching the latter stages of a tournament she just seems to be missing that last oommph!!to finish a match,she is the only player for me who has consistently given serena a hard time and im not denynig her ability butt het hing she seems to be meeting players at an early stage that should beat but doesnt sometimes,i think thats why some people question her abilities,i for one know that she is a force to watch at wimbledon and any tournament she enters!!!

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:40 AM
To say Venus owns Capriati is going a little far, IMO. Sure Venus HAS owned her, but they haven't played forever, it's hard to say who would win right now. Especially if Venus is off, as she has been.

Still, should (they both make it) Jennifer def. Serena in the QF, she still has a lot of work to do. Henin is a tough customer on grass. Remember she beat Jennifer in her best year 2001 on grass. And Henin is a lot better now. Should she get past Serena AND Henin, the finalist will be tough. Venus, Davenport, Clijsters, Rubin...whoever, it will be tough.

But first, Jennifer has to

1-Get to the QF
2-Beat Serena, something she has done in 2 years...and something else is beating a player ranked higher then her--something she has done in OVER 2 years

It's true that they haven't played in a while, but Capriati isn't the player she was in 2001 and she has little to trouble Venus with.

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:50 AM
"little to trouble venus with"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! WELL use your pathetic brain knizzle...IF Serena is the better player AND Jennifer is cosistently giving her a tough time (nearly beating her in Miami AND at the year end championships) then wouldnt it be the other way around? no i think at this level venus should be VERY afraid VERY AFRAID! Jens a match for Serena at her best and im pretty sure shes even better match against Venus at her lowered level! ...you just have to have a brain knizzle, something your OVER BIASED body lacks obviously! lmao though!!!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:53 AM
not saying Venus isnt a great champ, cause she is, im simply saying that Knizzle cant figure it out, Serenas better than Venuys and Jens beaten Rena 5 times? 6 times? and right now Serena is the best in the world while Venus is struggling, Jennifer isd playing pretty well against Serena and serena is better than Venus so how do you know Venus wouldnt loose to Jennifer who ALWAYS comes closer to beating Serena than Venus ever has!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:00 AM
go ahead prove me wrong? righttt you cant...oooh welll!

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:16 AM
"little to trouble venus with"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! WELL use your pathetic brain knizzle...IF Serena is the better player AND Jennifer is cosistently giving her a tough time (nearly beating her in Miami AND at the year end championships) then wouldnt it be the other way around? no i think at this level venus should be VERY afraid VERY AFRAID! Jens a match for Serena at her best and im pretty sure shes even better match against Venus at her lowered level! ...you just have to have a brain knizzle, something your OVER BIASED body lacks obviously! lmao though!!!

OK Trish, what does Jen have to trouble Venus?? At Jennifer's best she still couldn't beat Venus, eight championship points or not, she wasn't good enough to capitalize on them. Jennifer's big forehand is non-existent these days, she hasn't beaten a top player in I don't know how long. The only reason she troubles Serena is because Serena comes out trying to overpower Capriati, which Serena can't do. But then when Serena starts using her head, like she did at the NASDAQ this year in the second and third sets, Jennifer has NO chance. 7 in a row is 7 in a row whether or not they are 3 set matches. All that matters is the W, and Capriati can't seem to get one against a top player. You say I don't have a brain, but you are in deep denial about Capriati's abilities right now. Her results tell the story. You come with an argument as weak as, a is better than b, c plays a close, b doesn't play a as close, so c must be better than b right?? WRONG!! This argument is elementary. Some players just matchup better against others for whatever reason. Don't forget that Venus has 5 wins against Serena while Capriati has 4.

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:18 AM
not saying Venus isnt a great champ, cause she is, im simply saying that Knizzle cant figure it out, Serenas better than Venuys and Jens beaten Rena 5 times? 6 times? and right now Serena is the best in the world while Venus is struggling, Jennifer isd playing pretty well against Serena and serena is better than Venus so how do you know Venus wouldnt loose to Jennifer who ALWAYS comes closer to beating Serena than Venus ever has!

Venus has beaten Serena more times than Jennifer. They both now have losing streaks to Serena. Venus' is 5 and Jennifer's is 7.

bello
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:22 AM
I think that Jen has a good chance to get thru and win it, probably the best chance she's had for ages of winning a slam cos everyone is beatable, if she can get past serena then yeah she has an awesome chance cos she can match it if she in form

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM
as for your first counterargument ...you just answered your own question...Serena cant overpower Capriati...that a strength for Jennifer isnt it? Capriati, shot for shot, is in the same league as both sisters, while her serve is not as powerfull (never was never will be) that hasnt stoped Jennifer from Winning 3 majors now has it? . True Jennifer is loosing, you dont think i know that? do i think Serena is better? oversall? yes i do. She is clearly the best woman player ever bar none, i give serena all the props in the world, on any given day she can beat anyone and everyone, true, but i also give Jen props from coming back fourteen years after she first turned pro and still being THIS close to beatoing the world #1... unfortunetly i cant say the same for 97% of the other woman on tour....who like i said b-fore have a better record against Capriati for strange reasons (Mauresmo, Henin , Davenport, Venus) Kim is 1-3 and serena is what 9-4?? im just saying Knizzle dont brush her off like some ameuter who cant handle Venus...cause she can, and obviously they havnt played in two yrs and both of them have gone down in there level, but like the great champs that they both are, can still raise there standards to equal that of Serenas... im giving all three props, you should look at Jens record, see it for what it is, pretty impressive, and give her the due respect that she has EARNED ok??? thats all im askin...im not askin you to bow down just respect her accomplishments!

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:39 AM
im just saying Knizzle dont brush her off like some ameuter who cant handle Venus...cause she can, and obviously they havnt played in two yrs and both of them have gone down in there level, but like the great champs that they both are, can still raise there standards to equal that of Serenas... im giving all three props, you should look at Jens record, see it for what it is, pretty impressive, and give her the due respect that she has EARNED ok??? thats all im askin...im not askin you to bow down just respect her accomplishments!

Serena not being able to overpower Capriati is a strength for Capriati when she plays Serena, but Venus doesn't try to blast Capriati off the court when they play, Venus works the point more and strategizes better than Serena. I am not brushing Capriati off, but you brushed off the whole bottom half of the draw including Lindsay, Chanda, Kim, and Venus. It's not a given that Serena or Capriati will win the title if they matchup in the QF. I give Jennifer props for her 3 slams and her fighting spirit, but I am also going to be realistic about Capriati's chances.

disposablehero
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Alex Stevenson can't overpower Capriati either.

vs1
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:46 AM
If the winner of the Serena-Jenn match is going to go on to win Wimbledon, then just call off the whole tournament and send that trophy to Serena!!! :rolleyes:

This is a tennis tournament. Anything can happen.

May the best Williams win!!! :bounce:

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:47 AM
nobody can overpower capriati...not on her forhand she just blasts back and i dont notice her back down either...Davenport is the only girl that can really work Capriati other than W sistahs, Knizzle again reminder Capster and Vee havnt played for 2 yrs soyou cant judge them in a match. and im not brushing anyone off...both Belgian girls could take it...espeacially Kim but i see Capster or Rena winning it its my opinion and im sticking to it...what you dont think if Jen plays 100% her best she cant win?? hmmmm? well news flash she can!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:52 AM
you see while i can be unjudgemental, some ppl (im not naming names) say "oooh my players gonna win" BLAH BLAH BLAH...you ppl know nuthing your just wildly assuming and 99% of the time you could be wrong....the williams sisters are very talented sure but there are other girls too who have beaten them before..or are capable of beating them...sooo i dunno if Vee or Rena will win, im Just sayin that IF Rena nd the Capster meet at the quarters it 1) will be a great match (probably the best of the tournement) and 2) the winner has a great chance of winning...a 1 in 4? so thats good numbers!...thats all im sayin!...and besides none of you are betting experts or tennis gods so it doesnt matter what we all think!

Knizzle
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:01 AM
nobody can overpower capriati...not on her forhand she just blasts back and i dont notice her back down either...Davenport is the only girl that can really work Capriati other than W sistahs, Knizzle again reminder Capster and Vee havnt played for 2 yrs soyou cant judge them in a match. and im not brushing anyone off...both Belgian girls could take it...espeacially Kim but i see Capster or Rena winning it its my opinion and im sticking to it...what you dont think if Jen plays 100% her best she cant win?? hmmmm? well news flash she can!

Capriati does back down, she was very tenative in her match vs. Serena. Serena was hitting at about 70% of her power late in the match and Jennifer didn't take a chance at hitting a forceful shot, unless she really couldn't hit any harder than she was. Serena calmed down and picked her balls more carefully and then Jennifer was gone 6-1 in the third. How can you say you are not brushing anyone off when you are saying that either Jenn or Serena will win if they matchup?? If Jennifer is at 100% then only the WS will beat her, so it depends on if and how Venus and Serena play her.

Jeff
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Jennifer will not win this Wimbledon

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:07 AM
hhmmm even the william sisters cant play perfect ALL the time hahahahaha! so heres to Jen playing @ 110% and serena playing at 90%!...then i see Capriati winning...straight sets even! maybe 6-4 6-4 (that would be sweet revenge!) and no Jen did not back down..i saw that match, she was tebtative but she didnt back down....!

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Jennifer can always have her eye surgery as an excuse, worse come worst and I believe every bit of it.:worship:

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:12 AM
you may say that its the same difference but there are differences
ok ok lets end this, lets just hope for the best of all the ladies ok? and hope for a GREAT quarterfinals!...Drama and quality packed!...and may the best woman win! ok?

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:13 AM
basic tennis...SHUT UP!...rude you sooo rude, thank god you only make up 1% of the male population, jackass

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:15 AM
I agree Trish....I want a Serena-JenCap quarterfinals....just pray that JenCap won't go out early.:angel:

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:16 AM
basic tennis...SHUT UP!...rude you sooo rude, thank god you only make up 1% of the male population, jackass
thanks for the recognition...it takes one to know one. :worship:

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:20 AM
you say one decent thing...and then you re-open your trap...keep it shut, you see we were cool until you messed around with me a Jackson1...can you say LOOSER??! (thats what you are) and no, unlike you, i am a woman, not a lil boy going through the early stages of adolescent puberty!
suck my pink Punata, horse face!

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:22 AM
and no i dont want to suck you off...thats you wanting to suck me off BT...oooh yeah your too ciken shit to admit it, no thats right your gay, forgot!

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:29 AM
LMAO, you could only fantasize about me.:devil:

oddkayla
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Yeah right!

Jennifer should have started with Eastbourne where she had two match points in one match and managed to lose it.

BasicTennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Yeah right!

Jennifer should have started with Eastbourne where she had two match points in one match and managed to lose it.
LOL yeah....she always convince herself that she's a different player on grandslams. :lick:

Trish101
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:46 AM
hunny the only "playa" you should be worried about is me...cause im your whole world and THEN some, come here let me give you a kiss BT, dont worry i dont bite! (i nip)

tennisIlove09
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I agree with Trish when she says that Jennifer plays Serena harder then Venus...but that's more mental then anything. Venus clearly has a mental block against her sister (Serena use to have it).

Jennifer seems to dislike Serena (and the other way around), so they both want to beat each other. That's why there matches are so great.

justine&coria
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Sorry, but i don't think Capriati will reach the quarters !!
But, I think the one who'll win Wimbledon is among these : Serena, Venus and Justine, if Justine's hand doesn't prevent her to make it to the semis. If Justine can't go to the semis, Serena'll win.

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:40 AM
hey im still interested in ya'lls opinions!
Dawn... Knizzle....KL?

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:46 AM
im seriously thinking, by the way Jen played, that if she meets Serena in the quarters she has a good chance of winning...hey it could happen

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 12:47 AM
yeah...im thinking she can take it all!

jenny161185
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:31 AM
I agree with trish after seeing her play today - she looked determined. Im not saying she'll win the whole thing but if she gets by Serena things should be very interesting. Cant wait for the match - just hope it happens!

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:16 AM
I didn't see Capriati play today Trish so my views haven't changed, but check this thread out.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=75889

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:14 PM
knizzle, isnt it convinient that you didnt catch the capriati match huh...whatever, she hit 25 winners i believe or more and she served really well....in fact last time shes served so well, and im not kidding you, was Aus01. ITS her service motion...and mostly her toss, shes changed it so that its much straighter, she hits it at 1 oclock instead of 4 ocklock , tennis slang you know hahaha, and she about 5 or 6 aces, and usually only has 1 maybe and 10 to 15 double faults, this time she only had two or three...good match youn say...well i say this is the NEW vcapriati the serious 'im gonna take he fight to serena' capriati...the OLD capster is back and shes black baby....ooooh wait no shes not hahahaha...lets just say the old capriati...minus the bad toss is back, make that of what you will ...my shift button isnt working so no exclamation marks...

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:15 PM
yeah the no exclamation mark sucks...and forgive to spelling lol , im multytasking.....

Knizzle
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:18 PM
knizzle, isnt it convinient that you didnt catch the capriati match huh...whatever, she hit 25 winners i believe or more and she served really well....in fact last time shes served so well, and im not kidding you, was Aus01. ITS her service motion...and mostly her toss, shes changed it so that its much straighter, she hits it at 1 oclock instead of 4 ocklock , tennis slang you know hahaha, and she about 5 or 6 aces, and usually only has 1 maybe and 10 to 15 double faults, this time she only had two or three...good match youn say...well i say this is the NEW vcapriati the serious 'im gonna take he fight to serena' capriati...the OLD capster is back and shes black baby....ooooh wait no shes not hahahaha...lets just say the old capriati...minus the bad toss is back, make that of what you will ...my shift button isnt working so no exclamation marks...

What time did Capriati play?? I did see a very short clip and Capriati looks to be moving very well and hitting her forehand better. I hope she makes the quarters.

jenny161185
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:20 PM
lol go trish keep it up! I noticed how good she served - the last time i saw her serving really well was at wimbledon 01 in the first set against henin she had 72% first serves and was just serving beautifully.:)

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:23 PM
she played at the sasme time aggassi played, and from what i hear jens match was SUPPOSED to be aired as well , but it was so short a match they decided to what till later to air it, in its entirety, so i watched it at about 3 in the morning....but i live in canada soooo.....time difference i guess, she played dominant tennis, like she used to, and hit power shits from both her backhand and forhand, but the great thing is , she only hit 3 unforsed errors...she hit a lot of forhands onto the actual baseline witch really stoped casanova, who, has a very similar game to capriati, good serve, good groundstrokes... but HEFTY as hell.... lol

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:26 PM
jenny, her first serve poercentage was OVER frewkin eighty...JEEZ THATS F'N good.... 83 or 85 percent...dont know the exact numbers but it was awsome...casanova never even got a break point oppertunity

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:28 PM
not to mention it was a quick match...both ladies just finished there points off and two secounds later they served...if you blinked the match was over...other than an 19 point raly...which jen won with a crosscourt forhand down the line, most rally's where short with Jen dominating....90 percent of all time

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
im seriously thinking jen now has a great chance at winning....if she can meet serena, im just gonna wait see and enjoy that match

Trish101
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:39 PM
this is the order id put the chances of anyone winning wimbledon, that is if they can hold onto there current level if play...of course

1. all four serena. jennifer, venus and justine

all four of these girls are just as able to take the title as anyone they are playing neck and neck in there level, serena didnt play as well as jennifer or venus in her opener...but we all know she was pullingh that match rust off of her...shll be her normal self when she meets capriati...itll be an interesting m,atch, and i STILL say the winner of this Capriati vs Serena match will take the trophy home

selesfan87
Jun 25th, 2003, 11:41 PM
One plus for Jenny: Theres no way she'll lose to Momo this year.

DannerCal
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Isn't this a tad pre-mature? I am hoping for the match up as well, but this is a GS. Anything can happen. Serena could have a touch match against Ells, and there are some good grass players in Jen's section.

Amanda
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:06 AM
LOL!! This is too funny!

Trish101
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:38 AM
there could be some grass court players in jens section...but jen IS a grass court player...LMAO

c2
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:48 AM
:rolleyes: well this thread has deteriorated... any of the top seeds could win it (except Dani & Momo & whoever else has withdrawn)... we all know anything can happen in tennis

Trish101
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:52 AM
this maybe true but some of us ...i wont name names, believe only ppl with the names W on them can win...they are deluded hahaha

maccardel
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:06 AM
I think that if veus is not in the final then the finals will be only two options...

1. chanda Rubin/serena
2. davenport/ serena