PDA

View Full Version : Maria versus Ashley!

goshka
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:01 PM
Should be interesting:

Maria Sharapova (RUS) v. Ashley Harkleroad (USA).

It will be 3rd match on court 3 tomorrow. Good luck to both!

PS I've seen both girls play, and both have good stuff, hope it will be good cat fight!

Eugene.

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:05 PM
I thought it was third on court 2 :confused:

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:09 PM
I would prefer they play on court 2. And I think Maria will win in 3 sets.

~SunFlower~
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:09 PM
Maria in 2 sets if she is in hot form and Ashley plays bad

or

Maria in 3 sets if both are hot in form

or

Ashley in 3 sets if Maria plays with her one leg in hot form ;)

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Sharky, we posted simultaneously! :kiss: That means good luck for Maria! ;)

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:14 PM
I just checked and it is definatley third on court 2. I'm looking forward to this match. I saw Harkleroad warming up at the DFS and her forehand often failed her. Other than that I have never seen any of them actually play a match :o I have heard so much about them that I am sure it will be a great match!

So I will be watching what could be a great match with an unbias view. I'll let you know who I end up cheering for ;)

-Rachel :wavey:

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:15 PM
omg this is like the third thread about this match :o

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:16 PM
Thanks RayRob! :) Court 2 is one of the show courts which means that ESPn will probably show some of the match. They promtoed Ashley in their Wimbledon preview show. So I would imagine they would show some of her match against Maria if not feature it.

BK4ever
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:57 PM
All I hope is that they are not wearing the same damn outfit...

As much as Ash is my fave...Maria's game is more suitable to the grass...I think Ash will have to go away from her regular game to win this one...She has to come to net and mix up the pace...I hope she doesnt get into a hitting contest with Maria...she tends to want to do that against the big girls...the serve will be the deciding factor in this match...

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:03 PM
and for the 49th time...

Go Ashley.

TatiAnnahølic
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:07 PM
lol Jordie!

Tarsius
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
What are the other matches that will be played at the same time? ESPN has a habit of NOT showing good matches that fans are waiting for... or maybe they'll just re-run that Hewitt loss again.

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:59 PM
Agassi could be on at the same time, so if it's ESPN then they will prolly show that one :o

Jakeev
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:22 PM
omg this is like the third thread about this match :o

You took the words right out of my mouth baby......