PDA

View Full Version : Not only she's so thin, she's also has lots of wrinkles for her age

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:25 PM
I know those are supposed to be muscles, but it looks like an old woman to me... scaryyy

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030623/capt.1056394638britain_wimbledon_xwim184.jpg

BigB08822
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:26 PM
That's an action shot, no one looks good in an action shot.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:28 PM
If you are going to make ANOTHER thread talking about Daniela with a topic completely irrelevant to anything, at least find a better picture to go a long with the purpose of the thread. The shadow on her face really ain't helpin' your case

Havok
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:28 PM
That's an action shot, no one looks good in an action shot.
i beg to differ. even if it wasn't an action shot, she would still look scary

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:29 PM
Naldo, you were so perfect, so perfect :sad:

Havok
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:40 PM
Naldo, you were so perfect, so perfect :sad:
aw Mrs_Guga, cheer up, i'm still perfect:D i just don't like seeing people that are sick, thats all

decemberlove
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:43 PM
wrinkles? nah, she just doesnt have enough fat in her arms to cover up her muscle definition.

Lelu
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:54 PM
At least do some research before you create a thread revealing your total ignorance.... Daniela is simply too young to have wrinkles. I suppose you call "wrinkles" the muscle definition accentuated by Daniela's very low body fat.

From this picture, it appears that her body fat is at about 5%, which is definitely not healthy in the long-term. Only body builders and long-distance runners go that low and only periodically, during competition.

Danniball
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:23 PM
Long distance runners, short distance runners, every track and field players in a high level has a low body fat percentage. And have you seen pictures of those athletes in motion? Why should tennis be different?

Daniela is tall, thin, but solid as a rock!

Miss Thang
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Child you need to lay off that V-H8 Splash with a quickness!

*JR*
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:45 AM
From this board's MQJ (Most Quoted Journalist), who, BTW, seems 2B addressing Peppermint Patty's Past, as Perhaps her Present is still Perplexing. :confused: You've touched on Daniela Hantuchova's body issues, but why doesn't the tour help the poor girl? She is deathly thin. If TV makes you look heavier, she must weigh about two pounds. This is too sad to watch. Didn't we learn from Jennifer Capriati's problems?
—Laura Riebman, Arnold, Md.

Over the past few weeks we've received a lot of mail sounding a similar theme. What was an open secret a few months ago has become a cause célèbre. As we predicted, the tabs are all over this. One headline the other day: "Babe of Bratislava becomes Spindles of Slovakia to spark health fears." Hantuchova, not surprisingly, denies -- adamantly -- that she has an eating disorder, but her appearance indicates otherwise and is cause for serious concern.

Hantuchova's build has caused much concern. Intervention, however, is a tricky business. The core issues: What is the role of the tour? And what are the parameters of its authority? Unlike drugs, an eating disorder isn't illegal or something expressly forbidden by the tour's rules and regulations. While Hantuchova unquestionably looks terribly unhealthy, she has a certain autonomy over her body. If this were a team sport, the franchise or league could demand that the player seek help -- or at least forbid him from taking the field/court/ice until he returned to "playing shape." But Hantuchova is an independent contractor; so long as her ranking is sufficient for entry in events, I'm not sure the tour or the tournament organizers have any power to forbid her from competing.

The situation is comparable to the travails of Patty Schnyder several years ago. Schnyder, you'll recall, was a rising star when she fell under spell of a bizarre "guru" whose methods included making her consume ungodly quotients of orange juice and pierce her skin with unsanitized needles. Many called upon the tour to assert its authority and act on her behalf. While administrators and other players tried to speak with Schnyder, they couldn't do much formally. As one staffer explained to me at the time, "Look, it's a horrible situation. But she's over 18, she's made a decision, and we can't start banning players because they have creepy boyfriends." Inherent in this, I think, is a philosophical tension. If you're the leading women's sport and trumpet your tour as a collection of empowered females, how do you then turn around and play the paternalistic role of Big Sister with your constituents?

Of course, just because the WTA can't necessarily take formal action doesn't mean it can't bend over backward to help Hantuchova. Offer her the services of a counselor and nutritionist, for starters. Make sure that her mentor (Martina Navratilova, I believe) is on the case. Let Carling Bassett-Seguso tell Hantuchova how anorexia wreaked havoc on Bassett-Seguso's career. Get Hantuchova a copy of Naomi Wolf's The Beauty Myth. (We assume the tour is doing some or all of these already.)

It would also be nice if the tour stopped selling Hantuchova as the Alternative Anna. I know some of you think we're obsessed with this issue, but when WTA staffers tell reporters that "[Hantuchova] is way hotter than Anna," when they oversee her posing spread eagle for a men's magazine or make her the focal point of their terminally cheesy calendars, how can the tour be surprised that she clearly has body-image issues?

Anyway, this is as much a psychological as a physical issue. Let's hope that Hantuchova gets some help from whatever sources, in or out of tennis.

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:51 AM
From this board's MQJ (Most Quoted Journalist), who, BTW, seems 2B addressing Peppermint Patty's Past, as Perhaps her Present is still Perplexing. :confused:

I read that today. It seems like in his mind there isn't anything to debate about whether she has a problem (i.e. not buying the 'overtraining' argument), but rather if and how the tour should step in.

*JR*
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:15 AM
I read that today. It seems like in his mind there isn't anything to debate about whether she has a problem (i.e. not buying the 'overtraining' argument), but rather if and how the tour should step in.
True dat. Is there an easy answer, no. But you know darn well this got the tour's attention. (And I think the creepy boyfriend reference to Harnecker is only a Part of the Puzzling Predicament of Peppermint Patty. Perhaps the Present Parasite is in Peril)? :confused:

decemberlove
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:17 AM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XWIM185062315_1024x768.jpg

Iroda_Fan
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:49 AM
OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I love that dressssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Best dress soooo far!!!!!

Hulet
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:57 AM
From the picture decemberlove posted, Daniela doesn't look that thin anyways. If she was a bit shorter, her weight would have looked normal. It's the combination of her height and her slight thin-ness that make her look, for lack of a better word, unnatural, sometimes. What I don't understand is why are people so obsessed with her weight? You must have an issue with your own weight to be obsessed with someone else's. Another thing I don't undestand is why Daniela wears very revealing (sp?) cloths; if I had a weight issue, I am pretty sure I will try to mask it with cloth and stuff. Anyways, time to kill this topic. It has become so boring that I have replied to it. (That's when you know a topic is dead). :-)

Hagar
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:28 AM
The way her arms and her schoulders look is for me the indication that she has an eating problem. She does not have enough body fat. You can be thin, even bony, but the way these arms have fallen in is scary. Can someone please call an ambulance? Daniela is doing a lot of harm to her health here.

rikvanlooy
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:13 PM
The way her arms and her schoulders look is for me the indication that she has an eating problem. She does not have enough body fat. You can be thin, even bony, but the way these arms have fallen in is scary. Can someone please call an ambulance? Daniela is doing a lot of harm to her health here.

I'm sure that you got negative rep points for this comment.

Daniela's supporters are sick and tired of hearing about her "eating disorder".

You have to be a supporter to believe the BS Daniela tells for her appearance, but so what. I only hope she lives to tell her story. Anorexia is a very dangerous disease with hundreds of deaths every year.

Fantastic
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Hopefully she'll get thinner so that when we can no longer see her, we won't have to discuss her weight ever again. Let it go. Time will sort her out either way.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Another thing I don't undestand is why Daniela wears very revealing (sp?) cloths; if I had a weight issue, I am pretty sure I will try to mask it with cloth and stuff.

Because she doesn't have a weight issue. :cool:

Props to the rest of your post though

fried_beans
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:27 PM
LOL, when I read the title I thought you were talking about Craybas.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:58 PM
I think its too late to help her. I think right about now a cheeseburger would take her out.

Lynn
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:42 AM
This is a link to Wertheim's Monday mailbag and the accompanying pic:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/jon_wertheim/news/2003/06/23/mailbag/

Someone needs to help this girl.

Lelu
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Now, the picture in Wertheim's Mailbag is scary, indeed. It evokes images of Nazi concentration camps...

Jakeev
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:54 PM
From this board's MQJ (Most Quoted Journalist), who, BTW, seems 2B addressing Peppermint Patty's Past, as Perhaps her Present is still Perplexing. :confused:

thanks for posting this.....