PDA

View Full Version : CLIJSTERS, MALEEVA, ZVONAREVA crush their opponents.

treufreund
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:58 PM
World #2 Kim Clijsters began her quest for the world #1 ranking wiping out her opponent De Los Rios with a DOUBLE BAGEL!

Maleeva, seeking to reenter the top ten, was also devastating and appears to continue her great momentum after her tournament win 2 weeks ago. She dispatched Anca Barna, 6-0, 6-1!!!

And in the battle of Venus's Roland Garros nemeses it was Zvonareva embarrassed her opponent Dominikovic 6-0, 6-2 to continue her impressive rise in the rankings!!!

Also Eastbourne champ Rubin and Roland Garros semifinalist Petrova had easy wins. :D

Sugiyama, Tulyaganova, Davenport, Martinez Granados (10-8 in the third), Coetzer, Bedanova and Drake all prevailed in tough matches either in three sets or two tight sets. :)

jrm
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:53 PM
Clijsters in 32 minutes!!! Is this some kind of record?

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:55 PM
:)

Miss Thang
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:36 PM
Miss Kim and Miss Maggie must've had plans to go to a museum or something. It was over with a quickness. :D

As for Miss Vera, keep it going girl! I want you and Queen Vee to meet up again in the 4th Round. :kiss:

Snaps to Miss Chanda and Miss Nadia also. :kiss:

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:10 AM
evie played like crap and her serve was really off for most of the match which was surprising considering she said the day before that her serve was in good nick but then again she was apparantly serving well in practice at fed cup last year and ended up serving like crap so i guess we can't really believe what evie says anymore. evie really does have top 30 talent at least and could probably even reach the top 20 but she has to be consistent and determined and not get so down on herself especially if she can't compose herself for the next few points.

polishprodigy
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Clijsters win over Rossanna was so sad, it makes me question the depth of women's tennis. BUT, Rossanna is not a grass courter, and I felt like she just was smacking balls and let them fly way out just to get the match over! Oh well, good luck to Kim, but this match was just plain sad.

ghosts
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:47 AM
Maggie :kiss: :hearts: