PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova wins!! 6-4 6-1

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:24 PM
good win, but put some weight one!! loads of winners
Bartoli is just a poor version of Monica!!

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:24 PM
haha.. Shriver just said:

'now she (Daniela) should treat herself to a big meal, load sof carbohydrates!!'

ptkten
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:25 PM
Great job Daniela :)

Nicoleke
Congratulations Daniela :)

Tyk, respect the players please, I doubt you' ll ba " happy " if someone say that you are poor version of someone or something :) !!!!!

Nemesis
She played SO well!!! I hope she can keep this level to compete with Lindsay ... She surprised me!

Go Daniela!!! :)

fleemke│
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:26 PM
haha.. Shriver just said:

'now she (Daniela) should treat herself to a big meal, load sof carbohydrates!!'

Yeah I hearded it also :D

good win :)

Her dress is awfull :eek::rolleyes:

katrientje
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:29 PM
I thought the dress was stunning Fleemke :-)
She played very well! Haven't seen her playing like this in months!

per4ever
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
I want to see that dress..anyone pics??

tyk101
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Daniela :)

Tyk, respect the players please, I doubt you' ll ba " happy " if someone say that you are poor version of someone or something :) !!!!!

sorry :rolleyes: , but only an opinion

fleemke│
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:34 PM
I thought the dress was stunning Fleemke :-)
She played very well! Haven't seen her playing like this in months!

:) we dissagree :eek: :D
Ni imo it isn't a tennisdress just like Venus her ugly dress ;) But ok this better than the Venus-outfit ;)

daniela's necklace
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:36 PM
I want to see that dress..anyone pics??

click on the first picture in my sig ;)

http://www.geocities.com/shameless_poster/daniela/daniela.txt (http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=110) http://www.geocities.com/shameless_poster/daniela/hantuchova.txt (http://daniela-hantuchova.fr.tc)

Mase
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:38 PM
Congrats Dani!

Nicoleke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
sorry :rolleyes: , but only an opinion
Don' t wotty Tyk :)n you can have your opinion, and it' s really great to hane opinions, I simply though that you were just a little bit " rude " with her. I think she didn' t play " good " today, but sometimes, this girl can really be " excellent ", and this is my opinion ;) lol !!!!!

fleemke│
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:49 PM
just because Justine can't pull off either dress, no need to bash the fashionable ladies on tour :p And Flemeke before you get your knickers in a bunch, i know everyone has different taste and you are entitle to liking the plain jane look ;)

Well it's just what you prefer .. nice clothes or great tennis .. I choose the last one ;) (and yes I know Daniela is a good player .. or was :o)

~*Alma*~
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:00 PM
Congrats Dani!! :D :worship:

Smart
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:49 PM
good win, but put some weight one!! loads of winners
Bartoli is just a poor version of Monica!!
Monica was such a good player that if Marion is only a poor version of her Marion must be a world-class player :)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:51 PM
Daniela's got her groove back! ;)

Good Luck Daniela!!! all the way! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

▀coene
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:55 PM
Daniella played very impressive, lots of winners, but I think she will come short against the top players. She should at least reach round four with this form. I didn't expect such a good match.

The dress looked great, but she should put on some weight, it would also benefit her game.

mandy7
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:32 PM
Daniela played amazing!! I loved it. every single minute of it, (oh wait, no i hated the first 6 games :p) :bounce:

By the way does anyone know where and when this picture was taken?? :

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003280963,00.jpg

Looking forward to her next match.. bring on the japanese chick! my guess? 6-2, 6-1 :D

Good luck to the belgian girls :) and the DUTCH guys!! :worship: (and andy roddick :hearts: )

fried_beans
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
i hope thats not her tennis outfit ;)

mandy7
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:42 PM
No this is :)

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/HantuchovaBBC051303.jpg

And Van Gogh is a Dutch guy, so he's cool!! :cool:

GrahamD
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:50 PM
i hope thats not her tennis outfit ;)

Sadly, no :sad: but wouldn't it be great if it was :lick: . It's from the ITF awards. :D

Daniela was awesome today, in every respect, but especially in the second set. Her numbers were also really impressive, something like 38 winners. I watched the whole game and make no mistake, Bartoli is no mug. She hits the ball real hard and put Dani's serve under loads of pressure by standing well inside the baseline. Lots od first set breaks but the second set was just an exhibition of near perfect tennis. Dani has another tough one next with Asago, but if she plays like this again, hopefully she will win.

Meesh
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:55 PM
Congrats Dani

Brad Gilbert said during her match (during the beginining of 1st set) that she would loose and maybe she could get something to eat.

Tratree
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:07 PM
Brad Gilbert is an idiot. I can't believe we have to listen to his sorry ass for two weeks :rolleyes:

Habsudovafan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:29 PM
Well done Dani. Survived a tough 1st round draw.
Looking great in that dress!!!!!!!!!

Cersei
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:08 PM
whuhu congrats Dani :bounce:

jenny161185
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:19 PM
I havent seen her play this good since last year --- hope she can finally get out of her slump

joegerardi
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Here's Dani (and the dress) in action:

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:52 AM
i wonder whether bartoli played good or bad. i saw the match but it is only the 2nd time i've seen her play so i don't know but she did pushe mauresmo to 3 sets last week and has had some good results this year i would have thought that she would hit more winners, she hit to the centre of the court where hantuchova was rather than going for the corners and running hantuchova around.

mandy7
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:19 AM
:wavey: Bartoli ain't that good, sure she pushed Amelie to three sets but Amelie was already injured at The Ordina Open. (this doesn't mean that I think that bartoli is a sucky player!) :wavey:

:bounce: I've been to The Ordina Open last Saturday and took some pics. I'll have them developed soon. I didn't see what happened to Juju though. It all happened to fast! :bounce:

:worship: I'm glad i don't have to listen to Brittish or American commentators, all they can talk about is her weight. The Dutch commentators just said: It's amazing that she can hit the ball so hard and good cause she doesn't look as powerful as for instance Kim Clijsters. :worship:

-------------------------------------------------

:cool: Good luck to DANI, Kim, Juju, Andy, Tim, Schalken, Sluiter and VERKERK :cool:

Cool MSN Group about Daniela (http://groups.msn.com/danielahantuchova4life)

wongqks
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:21 AM
to be fiar, radio wimbledon was praising Daniela and hardly mention about her weight which is good, maybe they know that this weight problem is going out of proportion

~|Naomi|~
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:49 AM
I watched the match today and I don't think Bartoli did that great. Capriati beat her very easy at the french as well. I think Daniela has a great shot at QF here if Davenport doesn't pick up her form, but I don't think Dani is playing as well as she has in the past, she still has a fare way to go.

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:01 AM
i wonder whether bartoli played good or bad.

To put this into context a little more - Bartoli was 4-2 up in the 1st - from there, Dani then went on to win the match 10 games to 1.

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:08 AM
GrahamD, i know but it still doesn't tell me whether she played well for her or not. i saw the match and didn't know but that is only because i've seen her 2 and she lost both times.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:17 AM
I saw this match from mid of 1st set, Dani was 3 4 down, sat right next to Marion's dad,

he was pretty harsh on her, kept cussing her, shaking his head, Marion could see this too.

Marion was pretty negative in all from when i saw this.

Marion's dad still mutters to himself all the time :o

cya guys later

Dani played really good though :)

caramel
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Her dress looks amazing, I want the same one! ;)

Anyway, well done Daniela! :worship: Good luck in the 2nd round.

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:19 AM
i heard in a thread a couple of months ago that her dad makes her train 11 hours a day. i don't think it is true but you neven know with these tennis dads.

spudrsca
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:22 AM
I saw this match from mid of 1st set, Dani was 3 4 down, sat right next to Marion's dad,

he was pretty harsh on her, kept cussing her, shaking his head, Marion could see this too.

Marion was pretty negative in all from when i saw this.

Marion's dad still mutters to himself all the time :o

cya guys later

Dani played really good though :)

It's what I've been saying in another thread.
Bartoli is very badly coached.
And I still don't know why she's so much in the court for the returns.
How many returns are in the court and still she's so close to the square of service :rolleyes:

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:33 AM
maybe she has trouble getting to the ball on the rise or at the right time and standing so far in the court means she is right there and doesn't have to move. only a suggestion. but it's more likely that she wants to hit the ball extra early so her opponent is still doing their service motion when she gets the return back.

spudrsca
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Surely but against a good server, she has no time to hit those shots, she can maybe return 1 of 10 good first serve correctly.

Gowza
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
i agree, and even if she can return them the return isn't effective unless she gets it perfectly which is as you said probably 1 in 10.