PDA

View Full Version : NBC coverage next week......

Frank_Rulez
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:21 PM
do u think they'll have a better coverage than ESPN,
will they show more live matches?...
not till QF will they show more than 3 hrs of coverage,
but good enough for me...:)

ktwtennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:13 AM
No, they'll be just as bad...I can't stand either ESPN or NBC...NBC only cares about getting their advertisers happy by showing commercials out the wazoo...

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:26 AM
No, they'll be just as bad...I can't stand either ESPN or NBC...NBC only cares about getting their advertisers happy by showing commercials out the wazoo...

Yeah and having those annoying NBCsportscenter (or something stupid like that) breaks where they update you on what you're missing in the LPGA or give you a wonderful 'sneak peek' of the equestrian trials coming up! Lovely! I tune in to watch tennis and all I see is John McEnroe driving around in a Lincoln chasing after a stupid tennis ball every 5 minutes, the words "AIG or IBM or PriceWaterhouseCoopers" again and again and again and again after and before every commercial break, and then back to some more updates on NBCsportscentre where you're reminded once more to go to NBCsports.com for the latest commentary from that heaven sent scribe Bud Collins! and then maybe if I'm lucky, they'll have some live, non tape delayed, tennis in between all those commercials and logos and slogans, only to be preempted by the latest episode of Passions! NBC must think that all the well heeled business execs they try to sell to in the morning must instantly morph into docile housewives at the striking of the clock at 1 pm?
And that's on a day without rain delays at wimby, otherwise I'd be stuck watching Agassi's 1st round match from the day/week/year before with an oh so entertaining qualifier who Agassi mops the court with 6-1,6-0,6-0 while Cliff Drysdale and Pat McEnroe chat on and on about how good it would be to have Agassi play davis cup that year....ugh!

faboozadoo15
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:43 AM
ehhhh. i dont know what to say. espn coverage doesnt seem all that bad to me, but just to every other living organism. i like nbs, but they advertise too much and dont care about tennis as much.

LeonHart
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Yeah and having those annoying NBCsportscenter (or something stupid like that) breaks where they update you on what you're missing in the LPGA or give you a wonderful 'sneak peek' of the equestrian trials coming up! Lovely! I tune in to watch tennis and all I see is John McEnroe driving around in a Lincoln chasing after a stupid tennis ball every 5 minutes, the words "AIG or IBM or PriceWaterhouseCoopers" again and again and again and again after and before every commercial break, and then back to some more updates on NBCsportscentre where you're reminded once more to go to NBCsports.com for the latest commentary from that heaven sent scribe Bud Collins! and then maybe if I'm lucky, they'll have some live, non tape delayed, tennis in between all those commercials and logos and slogans, only to be preempted by the latest episode of Passions! NBC must think that all the well heeled business execs they try to sell to in the morning must instantly morph into docile housewives at the striking of the clock at 1 pm?
And that's on a day without rain delays at wimby, otherwise I'd be stuck watching Agassi's 1st round match from the day/week/year before with an oh so entertaining qualifier who Agassi mops the court with 6-1,6-0,6-0 while Cliff Drysdale and Pat McEnroe chat on and on about how good it would be to have Agassi play davis cup that year....ugh!
LMAO!!! tehehe that cracked me up :D

alexusjonesfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:19 AM
LMAO!!! tehehe that cracked me up :D

thanks! lol, glad to hear someone appreciated my inane ranting ;)