PDA

View Full Version : Where is the womens tennis????

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:53 PM
We have seen only a bit of venus and a bit of lindsay while the men have match after match after match being shown.

Mrs. Peel
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
OMG..They are showing Todd Martin now :rolleyes: :o

ASV
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
women's tennis? What's that?

Why on EARTH would we want to see WOMEN playing tennis?!

:rolleyes:

LeonHart
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM
Why in the world would ppl wanna watch women's tennis when they can see TOOD MARTIN!! whoo..hot stuff..:o

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:04 PM
so, you're telling me that when I go home and watch my tape... it's all men? WTF? ESPN... really fucked with the wrong woman today...

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:05 PM
trust me, no women's tennis will be shown today, there are no more big names to play the rest of the day, maybe hantuchova, but i doubt it.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:15 PM
I just emaiiled espn and gave them a piece of my mind those ignorant bastards!

LeonHart
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:15 PM
omg..they showed 2 points of the gullickson/tulyganova match!!! I hope they show more! :bounce:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:32 PM
Now They Are Showing Hewitt Again Omigod!!! Why Dont They Make It A Classic And Show It Then!! Sheeesh They Suck!

Jericho
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:34 PM
even the commercials get more coverage...

hingis-seles
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:29 PM
I get coverage of two different channels, so I get good coverage of a lot of women's and men's tennis. But I can relate, ESPN sucks.

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:33 PM
tomorrow will be good... ........... .............................

BigB08822
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:33 PM
Todd Martin, yes! I love his eyebrow!!!!

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:35 PM
lmao

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:40 PM
BBC showed about 15 minutes of daniela-marion, a little bit of venus (10 minutes), about 15 minutes of lindsay, and the first set of Kim-Rosana (not live).

that's about 1 hour of women's tennis compared with 12 hours of mens (bbc1 and bbc2 combined) and 1 hour+ of chattering :rolleyes:

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:41 PM
oops - they also showed anne keothavong's thrilling match against srebotnik (about 15 minutes and it was crap)

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:42 PM
Todd Martin, yes! I love his eyebrow!!!!

ROTFLMAO

:rolleyes: not meaning to brag, but in the UK (if you have digital) BBC have an interactive service whereby we can chose whatever match we want. I spent my whole day watching womens tennis:

Lindsay/Sam Stosur (whole match) Stosur is Very Good!
Sugiyama/Ahl (end of first set and rest of match) excellent match :)
Chanda/Iva (last few games)
Hantuchova (first few games)
Whole of Carly/Ironda match (excellent match)
.....and bits and peices of other matches.

Tomorrow I look forward to more WTA viewing - looking forward to Harkleroad/Sharapova match on court 2! :p

If you want great coverage of Wimbledon - emegrate to the UK and get digital! :hearts:

-Rachel :wavey:

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:46 PM
RayRob - i ahve a Freeview Digibox, but nothing happens when i press the red button :mad:

i think it's because our reception is shit here - the picture breaks up and sqeaks badly :rolleyes:

don't tell me any more please ;)

selesfan87
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Playing on the outer courts.

Men's first round matches are more entertaining than womens. Look at Clijsters, won in just voer 30 mins love and love.

The Hewitt match was much better, and so was Roddick's.

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:25 PM
it would have been nice to see the tussle between Ai and Lucie, plus more of the close match between Lindsay and Stosur.

agreed - showing clijsters winning 6-0 6-0 is hardly a great match, but then, they chose to show that on tape delay. it's hardly their fault if that happens live, but to actually focus on that match instead of more entertaining ones is a bit silly.

one possible justification - the top women will still be around next Monday and Tuesday. the same cannot be said for the top men and the Brits, so show them whilst they're around.

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:34 PM
RayRob - i ahve a Freeview Digibox, but nothing happens when i press the red button :mad:

i think it's because our reception is shit here - the picture breaks up and sqeaks badly :rolleyes:

don't tell me any more please ;)

never beleive anything that has the word "free" in the title - never works properly ;)

Mags
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:45 PM
ROTFLMAO

:rolleyes: not meaning to brag, but in the UK (if you have digital) BBC have an interactive service whereby we can chose whatever match we want. I spent my whole day watching womens tennis:

Lindsay/Sam Stosur (whole match) Stosur is Very Good!
Sugiyama/Ahl (end of first set and rest of match) excellent match :)
Chanda/Iva (last few games)
Hantuchova (first few games)
Whole of Carly/Ironda match (excellent match)
.....and bits and peices of other matches.

Tomorrow I look forward to more WTA viewing - looking forward to Harkleroad/Sharapova match on court 2! :p

If you want great coverage of Wimbledon - emegrate to the UK and get digital! :hearts:

Agree with you RayRob the digital option is brilliant....the only problem is you are never sure which match will appear on which screen option (except Henman and Rusedski of course who appear on main channel ;) ) so it is difficult to set your video!. I have to tape the Harkleroad/Sharapova match on court 2 for someone tomorrow - I bet I end up with every other match but that one on the video :fiery:

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:05 PM
Agree with you RayRob the digital option is brilliant....the only problem is you are never sure which match will appear on which screen option (except Henman and Rusedski of course who appear on main channel ;) ) so it is difficult to set your video!. I have to tape the Harkleroad/Sharapova match on court 2 for someone tomorrow - I bet I end up with every other match but that one on the video :fiery:

Hi Mags,

I would say that the Harkleroad match will apear on the third option down because the three main courts are usually in order ie. Centre on 1st option, Crt 1 on second option and crt #2 on third option. So, for you, to be safe I'd definately go for that. There is no way that BBC will show that match on BBC 1 or 2 live, Andre and tim matches will take up the space on both BBC channels so all crt 2 action with be on the third option. Process of elimination says so ;)

Hope this give a fair idea - although I'm not an expert in the weird and wonderful ways in which the BBC work ;) LOL

-Rachel :)

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:05 PM
never beleive anything that has the word "free" in the title - never works properly ;)

true of course. sadly, though, i live in an apartment block that has no cable network and fitting a satellite dish breaks about 500 rules :mad:

Mags
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:08 PM
Hi Mags,

I would say that the Harkleroad match will apear on the third option down because the three main courts are usually in order ie. Centre on 1st option, Crt 1 on second option and crt #2 on third option. So, for you, to be safe I'd definately go for that. There is no way that BBC will show that match on BBC 1 or 2 live, Andre and tim matches will take up the space on both BBC channels so all crt 2 action with be on the third option. Process of elimination says so ;)

Hope this give a fair idea - although I'm not an expert in the weird and wonderful ways in which the BBC work ;) LOL

-Rachel :)

Thanks for that RayRob :wavey:

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:17 PM
true of course. sadly, though, i live in an apartment block that has no cable network and fitting a satellite dish breaks about 500 rules :mad:

You ought to bootleg with an extreeeeeeeeeeemely long lenght of cable from the house across the street ;) or break 500 rules!

I never really thought about the fact that people who live in flats can't get cable/Sky :sad: that's a shame

baleineau
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:37 PM
they usually can. but this is university-owned accommodation (think youth hostel furnishings) and we are tenants, so cannot make such "improvements"

Halardfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:13 PM
Recently the BBC have fell out with Sky, which means that at least for some viewers (Me!) all the BBC channels on Sky now have very dodgy picture.

Oddly enough the Multi-court option isn't as badly affected, and I was able to watch the conclsion of the Sugiyama match with a decent enough picture. :)

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:39 PM
they usually can. but this is university-owned accommodation (think youth hostel furnishings) and we are tenants, so cannot make such "improvements"

usually students find away;) It's unusual that student accomodation doesn't offer the opprtunity to have Sky digital. I know at my uni when I first started during freshers week there was a big SKY stand (to get students in more debt) I swear the uni had a deal whereby for every student who got SKY, they would give a cut to the uni - a big money making scandel!

Recently the BBC have fell out with Sky, which means that at least for some viewers (Me!) all the BBC channels on Sky now have very dodgy picture.

Oddly enough the Multi-court option isn't as badly affected, and I was able to watch the conclsion of the Sugiyama match with a decent enough picture.

Pheeew - for once I'm glad I'm with NTL! :bounce:

monicain
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:46 AM
I hate those chattering the most...who wants to see Vijay chit-chatting while da gals are playing around? :fiery: