PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the WTA ad campaign??

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:38 PM
the ad looks horrible, they could do so much better than that, especially the TV ad, i like the slogans, but the one where it said get in touch with your feminine side, it should have been a picture of the players with the more feminine looking, than the "hitting the shot pose", where the girls looks so masculine and very angry.

who is the marketing guy? the WTA should fire them. Hire me instead. but what can i do, better than nothing i guess

a pic of the ad campaign....

http://sanexwta.com/assets/story_image/LarryPlayers062203.jpg

griffin
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:44 PM
Haven't seen anything but the print ads (although those t-shirts are ridiculous, imo), but they'd have to suck mighty hard before I saw it as anything but a step in the right direction. It's about time the WTA got serious about promoting itself.

As for the "feminine side" thing - it is possible that the idea is to challenge your idea of "feminine" (although I can't imagine the WTA coming up with that idea on their own ;))

Chance
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:44 PM
At last they are promoting the best womens sport! It's not that bad, at least they are doing something,so I'm not going to complain.

I want one of those pink tops!

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
this is the best picture IMO, it fits perfectly with the slogan

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/gallery_image/ad062003_mauresmo.gif

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
this one is the funniest...

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/gallery_image/ad062003_seles.gif

griffin
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
I think the Momo ad is the best, too, but then I'm biased :angel:

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM
this one is #2 behind amelie's

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/gallery_image/ad062003_venus.gif

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
any thoughts?

BK4ever
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:46 PM
I havent seen the tv ads yet, but I get the concept behind the print ads...I just think that the visuals are not always in sync with message...especially the Serena pic...that one is the worse...

Its ironic that my old place of employment created these ads and that I left one week before they landed the business :mad:

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:49 PM
awwwwwww at bk4ever...

I like the ad campaign... if the atp can have 'new balls please' then the wta can have a campaign that promotes empowerment. I'm all for the ladies getting together for a cause instead of taking potshots at each other...

I like the b/w with pink writing theme, as well. Amélie's and Venus' are the best print ads... the tv commercial was cool, too. GO WTA!

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:52 PM
I like the ads :)

I agree that Momo's printed ad is the best ..the slogans are a little :rolleyes: but hey it's still pretty amusing ;)

The t-shirts are the biggest hit :eek: Everyone wants one!..myself included :D

The commerical isn't bad..but it's a little boring imo.

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:01 PM
wonder why Anna is not included in these ads??

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:04 PM
I don't like it. :( What does it have to do with women's tennis? And "Serves travel faster than gossip"? LMAO! :p

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
when i think about it more, don't you think the ads and slogan are a little bit too feminine, what about guys who enjoy women's tennis???? the "get in touch with your feminine side" slogan will only making guys go away from women's tennis, because they don't want to be a luaghing materials by their friends. don;t you agree??

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:11 PM
why do guys constantly worry what their friends think? grow up and be a man, damn...

THE NET
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:12 PM
Hmm...nice ads. I'd like to see the other one with Anna K.

I like the one with Seles most!!! Great idea!! :worship:

mauresmofan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:55 PM
Yes Monicas one is very funny. I love the Momo and Venus ones too. The other ads need work!

Martian Willow
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:15 PM
I don't really like the ads, although I appreciate the idea behind them ( think the stuff about 'your feminine side' and 'a womans touch' are supposed to be ironic, which must be the problem for Americans), but it is good to see them doing something positive, with the top players involved, instead of just thinking (apparently) that Anna is popular, therefore everything is fine.

The Monica one is the best. :)

Miss Thang
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:16 PM
Queen Vee and Miss Momo's posters. :worship: Two snaps down though for "woman this" and "woman that". HELLO! Peeps that matter know exactly WTA stands for, ya know. :rolleyes:

Dava
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:22 PM
I think it looks corny, its a good idea but done with poor execution. I think the less flowery music, should be replaced by some rock!

*JR*
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:26 AM
I guess the Dani pic is from '02! :rolleyes:

ktwtennis
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:08 AM
Just glad they're doing something...

Lisbeth
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:12 AM
I haven't seen the ads but it looks a bit dumb. They might as well have just said watch women's tennis because we've got [insert anatomical feature].

Tennis Fool
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:41 AM
I guess the Dani pic is from '02! :rolleyes:

LOL.

JaneAgain
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:18 AM
I think they are definetly on the right track. For the first time, they are promoting the athletic abilities of the women players instead of the usual sex appeal.

harloo
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:48 AM
I like the ad campaign. However the get in touch with your feminine side was a little too much, but think about?

A good ad will get everyone talking. And this one is good because alot of people are discussing it. The first glimpse I got on the commerical was on on a male dominated sports show(which I love) and they were debating the one slogan about getting in touch with your feminine side left and right. I thought it was hilarious considering they don't ever really talk about the WTA. So, I think the WTA knew there would be some type of debate about this and they ran with it.

Good shocker!!!

monicain
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:35 AM
They should try this:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/2003/french_open/news/2003/06/07/french_saturday_ap/t1_henin_ap.jpg
Size doesn't matter.

gentenaire
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:47 AM
, but the one where it said get in touch with your feminine side, it should have been a picture of the players with the more feminine looking, than the "hitting the shot pose", where the girls looks so masculine and very angry.

I think that's the whole point of the campaign, to show that it's okay for women to be powerful, that power shouldn't be associated with men but that it can be feminine too.

I love this campaign, I love the T-shirts and I honestly hope they'll sell them.

Chance
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:52 AM
they should have used that pic where Serena was in her catsuit in the process of serving, it made headlines all around the world.
It was a very striking picture but I guess some people can't handle it.....

matthias
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:10 AM
the one where it said get in touch with your feminine side, it should have been a picture of the players with the more feminine looking, than the "hitting the shot pose", where the girls looks so masculine and very angry.

i agree 100%

this is really funny