PDA

View Full Version : Justine Pic taken Today!

Julian
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:11 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030623/capt.1056375211britain_wimbledon_xwim804.jpg

Well at least she made the trip! But that face reaction doesn't look too good. :(

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:12 PM
she looks like she's in pain... but if she's up to it, I'm happy for her... *semis, semis, semis*

Mr. Man
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:16 PM
If she gets to the semis. For some reason I have a feeling tomorrow she will play about two games and then have to withdraw. ::shrug::

Vincent
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
I hope she is fine, by the way, How did she hurt her fingers in the final?

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:19 PM
I think she fell on them returning a ball...

I think it's an early exit... why do people play with injuries... :rolleyes:

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:24 PM
I think it's an early exit... why do people play with injuries...
Justine's playing with Vakulenko, not with injuries ;)

She should be fine tomorrow. Somehow I think she only pulls a face in front of the camera to get some attention. Because you have to do a lot in England to get attention :p

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:25 PM
I think she fell on them returning a ball...

I think it's an early exit... why do people play with injuries... :rolleyes:

The time before that she stepped on them :p

It's not really an injury that should effect her game though..she uses her left hand to toss the ball for her serve and to set up her backhand..I don't see why she can't play with it.

Cariaoke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:27 PM
I guess that one-handed backhand is good for something after all.

Not that I care, I'm not one of her fans... :)

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
Yeah, it's all an act...:rolleyes:

Keith
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:07 PM
Maybe the real reason it is taped is because Serena twisted it, and said "Next time you put your hand up, I'm taking it completely off!'

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:44 PM
i got the feeling she's going to withdraw!

best best better
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:52 PM
While I wouldn't call this an injury, it's pretty bad because it will probably effect her ball toss on serve, as well as how much pressure she can put on that hand when supporting it for playing her backhand.

Judging by that picture, I don't think she'll go that far, but pictures can tell a thousand stories.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:54 PM
This is just another Justine charade to throw off the opposition into underestimating her just like her leg cramps at the aussie open.

Just kidding :p

no i am not kidding. :kiss:

yes i am. :hearts:

mauresmofan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:59 PM
It's only her left hand - I'm sure she can play with it as is without any problems - her draw has opened up nicely since Momo withdrew so she has a bit of time to recover fully

RAA
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:44 PM
first off, she does use her off-hand in her one handed backhand.. of course, its not as vital as if she had a two handed, but she does use it.

its her ball toss that I would worry about. a little thing like that can affect the ball toss, and she'll need to serve well to go far in this tourney.

anyway, hopefully its one of those things that gets better with play, and not worse.

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:42 PM
Maybe that was Henin's hand wrapped up in that picture of Serena. Maybe that's why Serena was making that fave she was making. LOL

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:43 PM
Though Henin is the favorite, that Vakulenko chick is no slouch. She is very tall, hits hard and goes for her shots.

controlfreak
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:31 PM
Cool... now Justine can write tactics on her hand for quick reference in between points. At least that's what the pic looks like!

alexusjonesfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:33 PM
Cool... now Justine can write tactics on her hand for quick reference in between points. At least that's what the pic looks like!

lol! then she'll get accused of bringing a cheat sheet to a match ;)

Miss Thang
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:39 PM
Y'all need to fall back on calling Miss Justine a cheat...unless that's one of the ways you like gettin' your kee-kee on. :kiss:

alexusjonesfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:41 PM
unless that's one of the ways you like gettin' your kee-kee on. :kiss:

umm...sorry but could you reverse ebonicize that...I'm a kid from a small town in Canada :sad:

Serena y Monica
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Who knows what's up with Justine injury...it's not as if we'll ever be able to just take her word for much of anything...and no I'm not kidding.

As Brad Gilbert stated today...don't get me started on her.

Fingon
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Who knows what's up with Justine injury...it's not as if we'll ever be able to just take her word for much of anything...and no I'm not kidding.

As Brad Gilbert stated today...don't get me started on her.

yes, I get the doctors are lying :rolleyes:

Serena y Monica
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:10 AM
You've always had the tendency to re write reality Fingon...but you'll notice that I said I don't trust her assesement of how affected she is...not that I don't trust a Dr's statement that she was injured.

I no longer trust her integrity based soley on her conduct.

Fingon
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM
You've always had the tendency to re write reality Fingon...but you'll notice that I said I don't trust her assesement of how affected she is...not that I don't trust a Dr's statement that she was injured.

I no longer trust her integrity based soley on her conduct.

re-write reality? how can someone do that? :confused:

Serena y Monica
Jun 25th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Not as you initially attempted...i.e. by trying to turn my post which questioned Henin's personal integrity into a question of a Dr's opinion...but I'm sure you already knew how to re-write reality...you do it often.