Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:19 PM
I guess she was pissed about Lleyton losing! :eek: :eek:

Awww... Rossana... :sniffle:
I was about to say the same thing! :o

Poor Rosanna! :(

fleemke³
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Jup I think also Cariosity :eek:

Well I'm not sure she will have a lot on this match :o A little backlash is always interesting :o

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Rossana sucked...in the two games we saw, I think she got the ball into play maybe twice....

katrientje
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
She didn't smile a lot, she looked very serious, I guess because of Lleyton's loss...
32 minutes. Is that a record?

Vincent
Lleyton loses in the first round is pretty surprising, Kim would double bagelled Ivo too.;)

cellophane
31 minutes? :eek: :eek: :eek: What's the shortest at Wimby ever?

Glenn
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:22 PM
Rossana sucked...in the two games we saw, I think she got the ball into play maybe twice....
Rossana was good overall.
2 games isn't enough to judge a whole match.

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:24 PM
31 minutes!? :eek:

Is that a record?..I thought the record for a grand slam was Steffi in 32 minutes?

It does look like Lleyton's loss may have motivated her..she looked pissed :o Even after she won she didn't really crack a smile.

katrientje
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:25 PM
Rossana was good overall.
2 games isn't enough to judge a whole match.

For what I saw she wasn't good at all, lot's of errors and too many easy balls that Kim just put away

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:25 PM
And how much did you see of the match Glenn? :rolleyes: How would you even know? And I think if a player played good overall, I don't think she'd get double bagelled

Amanda
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:30 PM
Kim was on fire...taking advantage of everything Rosanna did wrong.

A note to Glenn---Rosanna SUCKED....she really did!

Mase
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:31 PM
Wow thats just amazing... Congrats Kimmie......

Primula
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:33 PM
She did not really sucked! Kim was just way too good! Congrats Kimmie!

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Rossana wasn't bad. But she really hadn't ANY weapon. Little power, quite weak serve ...

Kim was good, especially at the returns. She served well today too. But I think she might take a too good start once again. I really hope it isn't so. Well done Kim! :)

jenglisbe
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:36 PM
I am happy to hear Kim didn't even crack a smile - maybe she isn't just happy to be there and won't be happy with anything less than a win :)

SerenaSlam
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
this is exactly what im talking about. Looking at Venus and Lindsay, they actually got to play some balls and work on some shots. Kim all her winners, it wasn't like they were even from the baseline. This gurl was just poppin balls in the middle of the court with no pace, and kim would just wrong foot her for the winner. Add the fact that Kim's opponent couldn't hardly move. Kim needs competition. She can't keep having these "easy" matches otherwise she will just continue to burn out like she always does. As you see, the beginning weeks, Kim is doing all the dictating. She is an Offensive player. But when she plays hell say the rest of the top 10, she becomes more defensive player than an offensive player. And that is what causes her game to either drop, or just get her blown off the court.

Amanda
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
Compared to Kim, she SUCKED! She had no weapons and was picked apart by Kim who was awesome. What's the fuss about?

Glenn
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:48 PM
She did not really sucked! Kim was just way too good! Congrats Kimmie!
Exactly, Rossana played a decent game.
Not too good, but there's nothing more she could have done.

Dava
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:50 PM
The best match she has played all month in my opinion! Go Kim!

Ting
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Congrats Kimmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Keep up the good work!

Elke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:57 PM
Congrats! :kiss:
I think it was pretty impressive, but who the hell am I!:o:rolleyes:

Lien
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:59 PM
It wasn't the best opponent on grass maybe, but still impressive and her serve was really good today.

E. Blackadder
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:01 PM
Rosanna tried to overpower Kim :o

Come-on-kim
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:38 PM
Congrats Kimmie!!!!!!!!!!! Keep Going!!!!!!!!!

Lynx
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:54 PM
Kim won with very decent tennis today. :worship: Balls which went out a few weeks ago now kissed the lines. She played well.

Congrats, Kimmie. :)

Frau Antje
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:04 PM
way to go Kim :bounce:

Whatzup
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:19 PM
You played very impressive Kim! :D Good luck! :D

katrientje
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
It wasn't the best opponent on grass maybe, but still impressive and her serve was really good today.

I agree

rhz
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:43 PM
Rosanna sucked today...

~|Naomi|~
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:08 AM
I know it's pretty early and I'm not getting carried away but I think this match was better than any ofher matches at the French, che looked more comfortable and composed on court.

And to everyone who says a weak draw will hurt Kim in the end and she needs to hit some balls, this was the first round, yes first round, what did you want it to go to 3 and then you would have all said how much she sucks on grass. Nothing will please you. Kim's matches will get tougher starting with Razzano in round 2. And Kim's draw isn't easy, Dechy or Sugiyama in the 4th and then if she wins that she'll play Rubin and hey if she gets through all that I think she will have had plenty of practice and a couple of tight matches. And I might just point out not only has Kim never lost to Rubin each time she's beaten her she has gone on to win the title, so Rubin is obviously a tight match to prepare her for the later rounds or whatever you all keep saying Kim needs.

rikvanlooy
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:24 AM
this is exactly what im talking about. Looking at Venus and Lindsay, they actually got to play some balls and work on some shots. Kim all her winners, it wasn't like they were even from the baseline. This gurl was just poppin balls in the middle of the court with no pace, and kim would just wrong foot her for the winner. Add the fact that Kim's opponent couldn't hardly move. Kim needs competition. She can't keep having these "easy" matches otherwise she will just continue to burn out like she always does. As you see, the beginning weeks, Kim is doing all the dictating. She is an Offensive player. But when she plays hell say the rest of the top 10, she becomes more defensive player than an offensive player. And that is what causes her game to either drop, or just get her blown off the court.

But when she plays hell say the rest of the top 10, she becomes more defensive player than an offensive player. And that is what causes her game to either drop, or just get her blown off the court. [/QUOTE]

That's BS and you know it. This year Kim only lost three matches where she didn't stand a chance (Venus, Serena and Justine).

All the other matches she was by far the better (against almost everybody of the top 10) or she could or she should have won (Serena at AO, Justine at Berlin and Ai).

Hagar
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Saw this match later yesterday. I think Kim played really well.

Diya
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Keep it Up Kim :worship: