disposablehero
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:16 PM
You were right.

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:17 PM
I know.

Julian
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:17 PM
Damn I think Kim was mad at Lleyton! lmao! That and Rossana looked like she didn't really care. Im a good fan of Rossana but come on Kim couldn't you give her at least one game? ;) lol

gentenaire
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
LOL@Truefreund in this thread:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=75589

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Rossana played like crap. She gave the match away. It doesn't mean shit for Kim....though I will admit from the little bit we saw, her serve was pretty damn good....

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:21 PM
Serena Willaims has bageled Schett at Roland Garros but hasn't won the tournament. And clay is Serena's worst surface ...

So 6-0 6-0 really doesn't say anything ... She played great, but Neffa-de los Rios really hadn't any weapons.

Well done Kim!!!

xin_hui
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:22 PM
from that 1 pathetic last game i watched..kim's serve was on today
but i think kim probably got so pissed off by hewitt's loss, she just killed rossana

RAA
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:22 PM
I don't think that people are saying that she sucks on grass, only that it is not her BEST surface.

however, Clay is not Serena's best surface either, and she won RG in '02.. so... good players can win on their weakest surface..

anyway, congrats to kim on getting past the first round.. since her boyfriend couldn't do the same!

ans
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:23 PM
Rossana looked like she didn't really care.

yes, she did! She was like "oh well...do I care?"

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:25 PM
I saw that Kim felt guilty ... So she gave Neffa-De los Rios some kisses to soften the loss ;) Her relation with Lleyton will be out after Wimbledon ;) He may blame his loss to his presence at her RG matches ;) So maybe she can hook up with Rossana ... *to Kim fans: just being sarcastic* :angel:

Julian
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:33 PM
haha Nemesis! :D

disposablehero
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Rossana played like crap. She gave the match away. It doesn't mean shit for Kim....though I will admit from the little bit we saw, her serve was pretty damn good....

The match was not hers to give. Maybe 1 or 2 games actaully belonged to her. She gave those away.

TS
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:45 PM
I think Rossana can make anyone look great on grass.

She sucks on it.

SerenaSlam
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:49 PM
and kim's serve. its not even a weapon when it comes to here playing against the big guns like serena venus and lindsay. we already know that when playing these type of players kim doesn't rely on her game, she relies on her opponents errors, but that is besides the point. like i said in the other thread. kim in the first week of the slams hasn't had to work on any of her shots. really the only thing she gets to work on is her serve. watching the few games, Rossana was just keeping the ball in the middle of the court with little pace, and kim hitting the winner. that doesn't cut it. i doubt she gets to the quarters. she is going to run into someone consistent and with enough power to dictate her.

Ting
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:01 PM
from that 1 pathetic last game i watched..kim's serve was on today
but i think kim probably got so pissed off by hewitt's loss, she just killed rossana
LOL. Poor Rosanna

irma
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:03 PM
kim :worship:

Come-on-kim
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:34 PM
Come On Kimmie!!!!!

Lynx
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:07 PM
:hearts: Kim :hearts:

:worship: "the shitty grasscourt player" :worship:

6-0 :bounce: 6-0

in 32 minutes

:eek:

Joseosu19
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:12 PM
She beat Rossanna, not exactly a tough grasscourt player, heck, Kim's the best damn grasscourt player since Martina Navratilova, maybe even better.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:39 PM
Uh didn't kim trash most of her opponetnts in the french with her easy cake walk draw? Then she got destroyed and humiliated by Justine in the final. That was the most non competitive final I have seen since Steffi double bageled that poor girl whats her name? Anyway Kim needs tough matches not cake walks.

i can't believe some of you are hyping this win. Sheesh you would hype her if she beat a ninety year old Cripple blind woman next round.

The Crow
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:44 PM
This doesn't say a lot, but Kim played great! Gives some good prospects :D

BigB08822
Oh please, Monica won her 1R match last year 6-0 6-0 and people talk about how she sucks on grass all the time. Kim will never be the best on grass.

Hawk
Must you all come in and rain on our parade :p We all know Rosanna isn't good on grass..doesn't change the fact that Kim was on fire..a bunch of winner..very few UF's ..her serve clicking. It was a focused and efficent win.

Chance
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:45 PM
lol cybelle

still it was an impressive win ... considering she probably saw her boyfriend make history + her serve was quite good.

The Crow
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:45 PM
Exactly Hawk!

hingis-seles
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:10 PM
I saw the entire match(i get good coverage;)) and Rossana tried and did play some good points, but Kim was just too good.

To Kim fans: Your girl put on a tennis exhibition out there today.

fifiricci
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:32 PM
Kim was FUCKING AWESOME. Full stop (or period to you bloody yanks). :devil:

alexusjonesfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:42 PM
Uh didn't kim trash most of her opponetnts in the french with her easy cake walk draw? Then she got destroyed and humiliated by Justine in the final. That was the most non competitive final I have seen since Steffi double bageled that poor girl whats her name? Anyway Kim needs tough matches not cake walks.

i can't believe some of you are hyping this win. Sheesh you would hype her if she beat a ninety year old Cripple blind woman next round.

sheesh, let it go...Kim played really well today, the stats don't lie. Why do you have to try and sour the moment? When Serena beat Babsi Schett 6-0,6-0 at the French, Schett didn't play the match of her life either, but Kim fans didn't whine about how Serena would never be the best on clay and she just beat an out of form, sucky opponent...
be nice! :angel:

o0O0o
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:16 PM
Actually, I did mention that Serena didn't even play that fantastic against Schett. Schett just sucked; the win meant nothing...so I can't complain if people don't think Kim is good on grass even after this win.

But she now has a grass title, a victory over Henin on grass, and is in good form and the #2 seed. A 6-0 6-0 win only adds to my joy. :)

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:23 PM
a victory over Henin on grass
I wouldn't call that a victory, losing a set when having setpoints. A gift from Henin is better.

Elke
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't call that a victory, losing a set when having setpoints. A gift from Henin is better.
Guess it was a late birthday gift and a make-up present! :rolleyes:

nicky
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:32 PM

As if she wanted it that way :rolleyes:

Fyndh0rnElf
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't call that a victory, losing a set when having setpoints.

Thankfully, there are intelligent people out there like you, who know that losing a set isn't the same as winning it! You're so clever

Nemesis
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:52 PM
Kim won the tournament, but didn't actually beat Justine. To beat someone, you need to win two sets. Kim didn't even win one ... In theory it's a win, but in reality it's just a walkover within the match.

Kim didn't want to win this way too. So I don't think she even qualifies this as a win over Justine ...

Damn ... I'm beginning to like Kim more and more, but I'm beginning to dislike her fans more and more ... I'm feeling a bit like SJW :p

ans
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:00 PM
Well we've had Serenaslam, we've had Cybelle, still waiting for euhm...Da Forehand to come in. Go you guys!! :p

Knizzle
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:06 PM
Kim doesn't stink on grass. Her game is just more suited for hardcourts and then clay courts. She was pleying a dirtballer also today. I think she was a little pizzed that Hewitt lost so she took it out on de los Rios.

Hawk
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:17 PM
Damn ... I'm beginning to like Kim more and more, but I'm beginning to dislike her fans more and more ... I'm feeling a bit like SJW :p

:eek: SJW doesn't like us? :sad:

jenny161185
Jun 23rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
lOL AT anyone who thinks Kims going to lose before the quaters - whos going to stop her?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Actually, I did mention that Serena didn't even play that fantastic against Schett. Schett just sucked; the win meant nothing...so I can't complain if people don't think Kim is good on grass even after this win.

But she now has a grass title, a victory over Henin on grass, and is in good form and the #2 seed. A 6-0 6-0 win only adds to my joy. :)

Yes she also tanked the fo final. oh and wasnt justine spanking kim until she retired with an injury? :rolleyes: justine is twice the player kim is on grass or clay that is for certain.

anyway kim is good on grass but she is far far from the best. She will have to hope the tennis gods are smiling on her for this fortnight. she had a nice win today dishing out a double bagel.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Well we've had Serenaslam, we've had Cybelle, still waiting for euhm...Da Forehand to come in. Go you guys!! :p

perhaps you failed to read or comprehend my post. I didn't say anyting negative about her win i just keep things in perspective. This whole thread is acting like kim defeated martina nav on grass in her prime. uh, no, she defeated a clay lover who probably never saw a grass court. Just kidding. anyway it was a good win but so were her wins in the french and you see what happened there.

possie
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:22 AM
I saw the entire match(i get good coverage;)) and Rossana tried and did play some good points, but Kim was just too good.

To Kim fans: Your girl put on a tennis exhibition out there today.

Thankyou.....I know she was :)

DunkMachine
Jun 24th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Sorry ans Da Forehand is has a day off so I'm filling in for him.

I just think that Kim generally sux, not just on grass :p.

ps I'm j/k :D That's a good win for Kim keep it up

Mad-About-Venus
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Like someone said earlier, Kim doesn't need sucky oponents, she needs toughy oponents and get nice warm ups for the big matches. If she is to get by Venus and Serena to win this, she needs practice. Look what happened in Australia, and Miami, and Antwrep...

And yes, I am taking for granted Justine will lose to Serena in straight sets, you can take that for granted.

Lisbeth
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Kim wasn't mad, she needed to get off the court quickly to see that Lleyton was OK. We'll have to think up some reason she needs to get off quickly for all the other rounds too if she'd going to play like that!

disposablehero
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Yes, losing to Seles, Tanasugarn, and Dokic the last 3 years must make Rossana the worst grasscourt player in history. Never mind that she took 4 games in a set against Monica (in the 2nd round), and 5 games in a set off each of the other two.

harloo
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Remember peeps first rounds means nothing really. Every top player on the womens side always breeze through. The second week is the big challenge, but if you are given easy opponents up until the semis then you might slip up and not be prepared and tested.

MHO!!!!

moby
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Yes, losing to Seles, Tanasugarn, and Dokic the last 3 years must make Rossana the worst grasscourt player in history. Never mind that she took 4 games in a set against Monica (in the 2nd round), and 5 games in a set off each of the other two.

i cant validate that information, but it's a very good point.

anyway, kim surely looked pissed today
and i'm sure it was because lleyton lost

in any case a double bagel is great and yet there are still pple questioning kim's ability to play on grass
can you imagine if kim had only won 6-0 6-1

she'd probably go down in the books as the worst grass court player ever!

nicky
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Like someone said earlier, Kim doesn't need sucky oponents, she needs toughy oponents and get nice warm ups for the big matches. If she is to get by Venus and Serena to win this, she needs practice. Look what happened in Australia, and Miami, and Antwrep...

Ok, you may be right...but what can she do about it? It's not as if she chooses her opponents, is it?

I'm happy she won so easily, but I agree, it's only a first round match, and no reason to be extatic.

Nevertheless, us Kim fans are allowed to feel happy, don't we? Especially since most people on this board were dismissing her as too weak on grass, and since LL just lost, which could have affected her...(apparently it did, but the right way ;) )

xin_hui
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:53 AM
ok ok, rosanna isnt exactly a decent grasscourter, she's a claycourter.
but the fact remains that kim was really on yesterday, she played really well, served well. it actually didnt really matter who her opponent was

Lynx
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:15 AM
ok ok, rosanna isnt exactly a decent grasscourter, she's a claycourter.
but the fact remains that kim was really on yesterday, she played really well, served well. it actually didnt really matter who her opponent was
My point exactly! :)

Had she double-bageled Serena (on an offday :p) with bad tennis, I for one wouldn't parade too much. I'd be happy with her win, of course, but I wouldn't be pleased with her tennis.

I am pleased now - very much so :). She played well - even if some people here won't acknowledge that. :(

.../... Especially since most people on this board were dismissing her as too weak on grass.
Hear hear.

Nemesis
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:18 AM
:eek: SJW doesn't like us? :sad:
No, SJW doesn't hate you, a mere dislike will be more suitable :p

And by that I mean that I begin to like players but dislike her fans. And they could be of any player. SJW doesn't dislike Justine, SJW likes to stirr up her fans whom she dislikes a bit ... I already have this with Lindsay & some of her fans.

ans
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM
anyway it was a good win but so were her wins in the french and you see what happened there.

yeah, so sad... :sad: ...she reached the final there.

Lynx
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:12 PM
LOL ans. :p :D

Cybelle - Kim was not playing very well in the French Open... but still reached the final, as ans pointed out.

She was playing well yesterday - and she knows so herself. That's encouraging. For us Kim fans, I mean :).

Hagar
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:59 AM
Update on 2 July 2003. Yeah, Kim really stinks on grass.

rand
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:02 AM
definitely!

Majo
Jul 2nd, 2003, 11:00 AM
I think kim should just skip the grass-season... what's the use in her participating at wimby? :confused: