PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Coverage Officially Sucks

jbone_0307
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:19 PM
At 1st I wasn't complaining cause we get 6 hours of that tennis. But all ive seen is Roddick and Hewitt. Im getting tired of it ughh. This is the 3rd hour and ive seen NO womans tennis. NONE! Espn get your act together

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:21 PM
fuck it

bwguy
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:45 PM
They're coming back to show Venus wrapping up her match. Wish they'd instead show some of the reasonably competitive match between Davenport/Stosur, but I should just be happy that they've at least acknowledged the women are playing today -- 4 hours into the telecast.

jenglisbe
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
Yeah - Venus is on now.

I understand them showing Hewitt - how do you not show the top seed and defending champion losing in the 1st round?

If nothing else, they are showing live tennis so far!

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:54 PM
Women's tennis always gets the shaft. But with Hewitt in trouble, you know they are going to follow that match closely.

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:58 PM
Fuck-whore-mongers! They are showing the fucking interview with the ugly ass bitch Roddick instead of showing the damn Davenport-Stosur match! We already got a fucking half-hour documentary on Roddick's career we don't want or need this! Turn it off! Fucking whores! I am sooo pissed I hate RodDICK with all my god-damn soul ;(

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:59 PM
They're gonna show Taylor Dent too, lmao... this is so so so so FUCKING RIDICULOUS!

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Oh I don't think so. ESPN has great coverage.

Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt Hewitt

Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans Americans

Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup Davis Cup

There you go. If any of you have missed ESPN's tremendous coverage, I think that about fills you in - I think you don't have to watch after that update. :)

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Wow....I never knew I could be this filled with hate for a corporate entity...

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
American MEN american MEN....we only got to see two games of Venus match and they still won't let us see Davenport's match, which looks to be going to 3!

Mase
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM
To me its ike they're covering them talkin more than the ctualy tennis, I mean WTF?!!? Hope things change...........

jenglisbe
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM
If it was a player you liked being interviewed, you wouldn't complain.

In the larger scheme these little interviews are important in helping the image of the players - and thus the game. Of course, one could aregue that only die-hard tennis fans are watching right now, and they already know these players.

Let's see what they show next...

Mr. Man
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM
Oh wow, There showing Lindsay now. What do ya'll have to say?

But I agree the talking needs to stop. I frankly don't give a shit on what Pat Mac has to say.

Let's send them some more e-mails. ;)

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:05 PM
Thankfully they're showing Lindsay now, so I'm a little more pleased with the company ;)

But they're not off the hook :p

Rtael
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:05 PM
God they finally show the fucking match and god damn Stosur is choking like Anabolic Annie on a 10 inch rod....She fucking threw away that whole last game!

I'm soooo pissed =(

Jeng...that's not true....if it was Justine being itnerviewed I'd still rpefer to see tennis being played! And it's not helping tennis at all cause Roddick is the most annoying human being ever! (oh wait....Trish101....)

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM
Lindsay :bounce: :D

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:24 PM
Fuck-whore-mongers! They are showing the fucking interview with the ugly ass bitch Roddick instead of showing the damn Davenport-Stosur match! We already got a fucking half-hour documentary on Roddick's career we don't want or need this! Turn it off! Fucking whores! I am sooo pissed I hate RodDICK with all my god-damn soul ;(

finally we agree on something now if only roddick and agassi can be upset they can focus on the women. otherwise we will get hardly any womens tennis this first week.

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:27 PM
whine whine whine! at least it's coverage people! andy is new and popular, the top seed should be shown especially if hes losing, so the only thing i can understand ppl complaining about is them NOT showing davenport. calm down. this is day 1.

Julian
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Shit they finally show Samantha-Lindsay and Stosur decides to play like crap lmao! BTW Lindsay didn't look pleased at all after the match I wonder why?? Hmmm I guess I'll never know considering they didn't show any of the match!!! lol

And you're right at least they're showing coverage but u know they should at least show it RIGHT..I can understand the Hewitt coverage but no Lindsay was what got me mad. lol and of course all they're interviewing and talking. :rolleyes:

i heart backhand
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:14 PM
And now ESPN is talking about showing Hewitt's match again! I can understand if they show highlights and maybe the last 20 or so minutes, but if they show any more than that I'm going to kill them all.

Who cares about Rusedski and Waske anyway?! Serve and volley.. blah blah blah..

darren cahill
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:55 PM
whine whine whine! at least it's coverage people! andy is new and popular, the top seed should be shown especially if hes losing, so the only thing i can understand ppl complaining about is them NOT showing davenport. calm down. this is day 1.

true....all we read on these boards during the french was about the fucking taped coverage...well now its all live. every bit of it....so whats the prob now? too many americans? well give it a day or 2 and they'll all be gone so dont sweat it

faboozadoo15
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:57 PM
well now ill be upset if they re-show hewitt losing instead of a live match-- like hantuchova vs bartoli. i rilly want to see that match.

darren cahill
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:06 PM
well now ill be upset if they re-show hewitt losing instead of a live match-- like hantuchova vs bartoli. i rilly want to see that match.

yuk....hantuchova....i get sick just looking at her...

Havok
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
ok you guys complain WAY too much. yes i too am pissed because they don't show women's tennis ever before the quarters, well a proper full match, unless it's the Williams sisters, that at most, because they showed the last, what was it, 3 games of Venus' match. you should just be lucky to have this much tennis on tv, and enjoy it. it's actually live so we shouldn't be bickering as much, and i'm sure if you send enough complaints about the lack of WTA on ESPN, they will listen to us, since they are starting to show live tennis because it was a real problem people had with ESPN. but i do agree, they have to lay off the constant lleyton, Agassi, Roddick, and the Williamses. i want to see different people, like anyone, ANYONE from the top 10 will do

Jordan.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:11 PM
Atleast theyre showing Carly now! :hearts:

jbone_0307
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
OMG I cant believe this. On ESPN they are showing the old Hewitt match when he lost. Theirs still live coverage going around. PEOPLE need to get over the fact that he lost. GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serendy Willick
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
ok you guys complain WAY too much. yes i too am pissed because they don't show women's tennis ever before the quarters, well a proper full match, unless it's the Williams sisters, that at most, because they showed the last, what was it, 3 games of Venus' match. you should just be lucky to have this much tennis on tv, and enjoy it. it's actually live so we shouldn't be bickering as much, and i'm sure if you send enough complaints about the lack of WTA on ESPN, they will listen to us, since they are starting to show live tennis because it was a real problem people had with ESPN. but i do agree, they have to lay off the constant lleyton, Agassi, Roddick, and the Williamses. i want to see different people, like anyone, ANYONE from the top 10 will do

What do you mean constant Williamsses? :rolleyes: Theyve shown like 20 seconds of Venuss match :rolleyes:

Meesh
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:18 PM
Unreal, we got 3 games of Venus, 2 of LIndsay, 3 of Iroda only because her opponents father was in MLB (baseball) He pitched for Detriot, MOntreal and some other team... they were foaming at the mouth about him! Meanwhile Todd Martin is fighting on Court 3 in the 5th set... but instead they take us to tape delay of HEWITT from this morning! The coverage tonight at 10pm will also include Hewitt and Rodick they said!

jbone_0307
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:19 PM
OK and why are they showing a talk with some guy about the rusedski/roddick matchup. I hope it turns out to be a bumber and suck. I hope rusedski crushes roddick. There is plenty of live coverage to show like lindsay, vera, etc. UUGH

theultimateone
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:27 PM
ESPN will continue to SUCK until their coverage of Women's tennis equal their coverage of Men's tennis. Since this won't happen during this forthnight, ESPN will forever SUCK!!!

spartanfan
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:34 PM
I totally agree ESPN's coverage fucking sucks. On monday they showed Hewitts match 3, count them 3, fucking times. Why? And did not bother to show other matches. If I could have reached through my television and choked the producer I surely would have.

Tplayer
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:37 PM
One of the worst stunts they pull is to announce they will be showing a highly anticipated match and then pick up the action in the middle of the last set.
They are the worst!

Mrs. Peel
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:43 PM
When they broke away from from Venus' match to show a ton of commercials and instead of going right back they talk about Tea Time :rolleyes: Breaking out some spread of strawberries and cream, tea and scones...yeah it looked yummy but we missed the opening points of the second set...

I know...piss and moan, piss and moan :p :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:43 PM
With so many matches going on this first week, why does ESPN repeat anything before their evening shows.
Please show us different players.

xin_hui
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:17 PM
erm, like u cant beat espn starsports' coverage. we got 4 1/2 hrs of srichaphan!!!!! not to mention our commentator, who kept fawning over him. and now we have the thunderball(roddick) match. till now, no womens' tennis