PDA

View Full Version : Conchita= Top 10???

SerenaSlam
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:56 AM
:eek: never would've thought she would actually return. She just has to be on a high right now. She defitnely has "come way back" I just knew Moonballs were going to be the death of her, but she is in much better shape. And her draw to the 4th round looks pretty good. Last year she lost in the 3rd round, and she is only like 200 points away from the top 10 I belive. She just jumped up 6 spots in the ranking and is now number 13. And matter of fact, she has always given Jennifer Cappy hella a trouble, and they could meet in 4th Round. Conchita has a good shot at beating Jennifer. But if she gets there I will be glad. Conchita is one of the rare players I "really" appreciate besides my Sistahs. Im glad to see her doing so well, and especially coming back and doing well. Again I just knew she was down and out, and the way the game was moving and getting better and better so quickly, she had to think just a lil that it may be over for her. But she has bounced back, and its good to see her at the top again.

AjdeNate!
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:02 AM
Funny how people count out the "not young" the "not new" the "not hot right now" player...and that player shows everyone that she still has it.

To all of those who are trying to push ALL the "old" ladies out of the game.... stick it in your ear.

Sam L
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:05 AM
I'm really surprised too. She's like 10 years over the hill (no offense to her fans, but you gotta admit she's absolutely nowhere near her best). I'm just surprised that she's so close to the top ten at her age, and with the supposedly tough competition we have on tour these days.