PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye! and Good Luck to the Ladies!

auntie janie
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:46 PM
I will be leaving tomorrow (Monday afternoon EST), as usual at this time of year, for my vacation in Cornwall, UK. :cool:

Once again, I will miss the entire Wimbledon online experience, because I may not find (or even look for!) any cyber cafes. So I won't be here on RR to cheer on the Russian ladies. :sad:

So please, everyone cheer extra for me, for all the Russian ladies, but especially for Nadya, Elena B., Lina, and Nastya! :hearts:

You can picture me out in the boondocks, cheering my head off for them all (unless they play Justine, of course! Then I jump ship. ;) )

When I get back, I hope there will be a huge celebration going on at Russian Roulette, because Maria Sharapova or Nadya or any of the ladies has shocked the world and won the title! :angel:

Have fun, everyone!

cheers!!!! :wavey:

Spidergirl
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:57 PM
I'll cheer on Ms. Bovina for you. :)

Have fun in England.

snoop
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:01 PM
Have a great time Janie :wavey:

Dont worry about the cheering. WeŽll do our best :D

the cat
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:59 PM
Cheerio and tallyho Janie! :kiss:

But I think you should wait until after Wimbledon to travel to England. Watching Wimbledon and posting at WTA World should come first, Janie. And not a vacation.

And please find access to the internet in Cornwall so you can post your Wimbledon thoughts in Russian Roulette.

But most of all Janie, have a great time in England, and come back with renewed vigor in tennis and WTA World! :D Bye! :wavey: :kiss:

auntie janie
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:25 AM
I think you should wait until after Wimbledon to travel to England. Watching Wimbledon and posting at WTA World should come first, Janie. And not a vacation. wavey: :kiss:

LOL! You are right! It is very wrong of me to leave during this key part of the season each year. I hope you will forgive me in due time. :angel:

Thanks for the kind wishes, snoop, Spidey and cat! I will think of you all as your faves mow down the opposition!! :D

fresh2flash
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:02 AM
Ciao janie!!! :wavey: Have a good time!

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:57 AM
I have forgiven you 2 years in a row Janie! ;) But 3 strikes and your out! :eek: So next year please travel to England at a time that won't interrupt your watching Wimbledon and your posting at WTA World. Okay? Is that asking too much Janie dear? :)

Fresh, are you at Wimbledon? I know you covered the French Open. And I was hoping you would be working at Wimbledon, too.

fresh2flash
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:38 AM
No, Cat. :( To be at Roland Garros I took some days off. I couldn`t take it that often. But I hope Eggy will be there. :)

auntie janie
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks, fresh! Too bad I won't be at Wimbledon, or I could try to follow your fine example of filing match reports. That was fun! :)

But Wimbledon is already a fantastic experience for me from afar --my anti-fave Chip Hewitt is out on Day 1! :devil:

King Aaron
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Have fun on your vacation! :D
And yeah, the Potato got peeled BAD today! :devil:

vaiva
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Gave a good trip and enjoy yourself in UK, janie ;)

The vacation started on a good note with one fine peeling job :p

May you have many many more happy moments :wavey:

the cat
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:49 PM
Have a great time in England, Janie! :D Take care! :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:05 PM
i was away already at wimby when Janie posted this

can't believe she goes all the way to Cornwall and not to Wimby ( Wimby is only another 300 miles;) )

have a great time there :)

Dava
Jul 4th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Have fun over here, eat loads of Pasties and Ice Cream

auntie janie
Jul 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes! I am back home in hot and humid Philly now. :p And I did have lots of delicious Cornish Ice Cream. :D

It was fun to see so many Russians doing well at Wimbledon, even if I only saw them on the BBC & in all the papers, unlike Eggy. :)

Dava
Jul 13th, 2003, 12:04 AM
Im glad you had a good time!

the cat
Jul 13th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Hi Janie! Welcome back!

What on earth is Cornish Ice Cream? Yuck! :eek: It sounds gross! ;) I've heard of Cornish Game Hens before. But Cornish Ice Cream? :confused: