PDA

View Full Version : Describe What You Felt the First Time You Saw Her

paycheck
Jun 22nd, 2003, 05:45 PM
We Chinese people feel that an unexplainable force makes us feel about people the way we do. Like you and your best friend, you and favorite movie stars, you and your wife, you and your enemies. (I'm sure you get the point) These people have a special meaning to you because of 緣 (yuan), the force that I was talking about. You either have it with someone or you don't. And being cocktail partiers and admiring the same player is more than just chance. It definitely means that we have yuan. It could involve some puzzling cosmic force............

So let me stop all this bullshit. :rolleyes: What did you see in Daniela that you love so much?

I'll post later, since these deep questions tend to require time for reflection and careful consideration. I'm bullshiting again! :mad: Damn! I bullshit alot!

GrahamD
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:06 PM
There are of course, two points to answer here - the first time I saw her on TV and the first time I saw her in real life.

On TV - all I remember seeing was a lovely long pair of legs striding across my screen, and I remember thinking WOW!! :hearts: Following that, I had to do some internet searches to find some pictures to put a face to the legs - check out the 'First picture of Daniela' thread. I thought WOW!WOW! :hearts: :hearts:

The first time I saw her in real I've spoken about many times here before so forgive the repetition, but as you're new here. I saw her in an exhibition match against Venus in Copenhagen last December. I walked into the arena expecting it to be empty, but there she was, right there in front of me, and I just stood there, jaw dropped to the ground, and I thought WOW!WOW!WOW! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: She really is the most stunningly beautiful young lady on this planet - ever. She is as close to perfection as I could ever dream of.

And she's great at tennis too! :worship:

paycheck
Jun 22nd, 2003, 06:18 PM
There are of course, two points to answer here - the first time I saw her on TV and the first time I saw her in real life.

On TV - all I remember seeing was a lovely long pair of legs striding across my screen, and I remember thinking WOW!! :hearts: Following that, I had to do some internet searches to find some pictures to put a face to the legs - check out the 'First picture of Daniela' thread. I thought WOW!WOW! :hearts: :hearts:

The first time I saw her in real I've spoken about many times here before so forgive the repetition, but as you're new here. I saw her in an exhibition match against Venus in Copenhagen last December. I walked into the arena expecting it to be empty, but there she was, right there in front of me, and I just stood there, jaw dropped to the ground, and I thought WOW!WOW!WOW! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: She really is the most stunningly beautiful young lady on this planet - ever. She is as close to perfection as I could ever dream of.

And she's great at tennis too! :worship:

That is a totally understandable reaction. :) Who doesn't like Daniela? :cool:

I see that you are excited and all but what really attracted you? Like when your jaws dropped, what was going through your mind except wow and wow?

Can you be just a little bit more specific pleeeeeaaasssssse

And about 'who doesn't like Daniela', those people at the general messages board are really rude and offensive to Daniela. :fiery: :mad: :(

joegerardi
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:11 PM
I heard about her before I saw her.

I was told of this young newcomer with amazing strokes, and was interested in seeing her. She was probably 17 at the time. I can't actually remember if it was on TV or not the first time I saw her,, but all I could think about was her backhand. It's friggin' PERFECT in execution. The most fluid and elegant in the game IMHO.

..Joe

beauty_is_pink
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:41 PM
okay... i dont remember seeing Daniela on TV when i first started to like her.. first tieme i actually saaw her was at the 2001 Rogers Cup... [and you guys kno the story]-- Daniela was playing against Jen Cap and i didnt realli care who Jen was playing against at first because Daniela was unknown at that time... but i remember thinking: wow what a great pair of legs! i wish i had them! :o then i was like.. wow shes realli good.. considering the fact that she almost beat capriati...!!!
after that... everything is a blur... i never realli knew how i got to the CP here or how i became a Daniela-addict... or anything else...... its been a flash...

but considering the fact that i didnt 'realli' get to see Daniela at Rogers Cup... Roland GArros was the point where i condsider the fact that i REALLI saw her.
and i was outside court #16 waiting to get a seat and i went on my tippy-toes... trying to get a glance... and there she was... Daniela Hantuchova... jus standing there in her ready position, back towards me. and i was like: WOW... i finally get to see Daniela in action..!!!. and it was absolutely amazing! :eek: i dont think anyone of us could describe how we felt at that moment in time... because realli words cant describe the excitement and happiness... i just watched the whole entire match in silence... in awe.

was it jus me guys... or did when we see Daniela live she was glowing or something?????? :o :p

moogle san
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:42 PM
I see we found a real new cocktailer here :D paycheck :wavey:
You dislike the brute at the GM and you can't stop bullshitting :bounce: The typical characteristics of a Cocktailer :angel:

The first time I saw her was at AO this year (I know, a little bit late... :rolleyes: ) And the thing that really stunned me was her beautiful and cuuuute face - especially her eyes and nose :hearts: It was a press conference and she was replying to the questions in her kind and coyly way so you really wanted to hug her to give her some confidence ;) It was only later on when I realised those looong legs and of course her great tennis skills :worship: in her match against venus. And after the match she looked so disappointed that you wanted give her another hug right away to cheer her up :angel:

Some weeks later I I came across the CP and that's it: I'm addicted :o ;) End of the story :D

mousee
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=GrahamD]There are of course, two points to answer here - the first time I saw her on TV and the first time I saw her in real life.

ooooooooooouch that is not fair :) i cant w8 till i see her

mousee
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:37 PM
i think, that more important than first look is
the first time you realize you are IN (terested...)

i remember it was after fed cup...
i was watching her (just TV,but screams,badlanguage on her opposites) and after that few matches (1 loss other won) i was really proud of her, like THIS GIRL IS RRREEEEAAALLLYYY GOOD, like OH MY GOD SHE HAS IT ALL.... i have some articles from our papers, and my neverending crazy fanship begans ;)

after that...sth happend...i didnt reallized that, it comes alone (subconsciousness?)
i was in college and i was going to my class. one guy was talking about her, he said: i felt in love with her
and in a moment when i was passing by him my subconsciousness said>I LOVE HER TOO.
of course it is not love 2 girl, it is love/admire/support 2 your hero.
i absolutely understand graham :)
she is like sun 2 me. i need it, i know that i cant touch it or get closer, but i can see its beauty and try to go where it leads. she is motivation 2 me, and every time
i see that proximus video i have to smile :)
and this is my story, i know we have same stories here, but thats why we are here :)
:angel:

No Doubt
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:39 PM
First time i saw daniela must have been wimbledon 2002! I was flicking around bbc's interactive menu to try and find a decent player to watch and i accidently clicked on the court she was playing on. So i decided to watch...first thing i thought....BLIMEY!!! SHE'S TALL!! ....didnt think much more about her. Then i watched her wimble match against jelena Dokic where she won, i didnt really like her then coz she beat my fav :sad: (at the time, obviously its dani now :) )

First time i truely became a 'dani fan' was at 2002 US open, i watched all her matches and stayed up sooooo late to watch her play against Henin, and when she hurt herself i was like nooooooo :sad:. Then she won and i almost woke my 'rents up with my triamphant yulp!! - what makes me like her, is not only her fantastic tennis and her ability to make me :eek: when she goes for those fantastic down the line shots. But its also that smile that makes you think 'what a sweetie!!', the elegance in the way she walks and most importantly that little hoppy-jumpy thing she does before she serves!! :angel: - not only do i think she is a fantastic player and person, i admire her greatly! awwwwww :p :worship:

:bounce: woo yey dani!!!

GrahamD
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:48 PM
I see that you are excited and all but what really attracted you? Like when your jaws dropped, what was going through your mind except wow and wow?

Can you be just a little bit more specific pleeeeeaaasssssse

OK - I'll try to be a little more specific without boring everyone. Firstly, there are two things which excite me about her, one, she is the most unique tennis player I have ever seen. Her style has something no-one else has, and although we all know that she is not the finished article yet, when that day comes, the whole world will know about it. She came pretty damn close though at IW last year.

Secondly, if you asked me describe perfection in a woman, I would say everything that Daniela is - her mannerisms, her temperament, her attitude, her shyness, her looks, her hair, her legs, her body, her voice, just everything about her is so perfect to me. Now add that together with everything else and you have the most perfect tennis player in the world.

I have nothing against anyone who lusts after her and doesn't care two hoots about her tennis, but I think most of us here at the CP do care about her tennis and we have to show that kind respect to her. We know that she would rather talk about her tennis than her looks or modelling opportunities but she also accepts that there is a glamourous side in womens tennis, and being right at the very top of the glamour charts, there is nothing wrong in discussing it. It's called focusing on priorities.

mousee
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:59 PM
if i have to be more specific...i have to say
that she is really very powerfull girl :) and i like that
because everytime i watch her play im totally out of my mind. she plays nicest balls, there is no other player
who can do it. its a bit risky but great to watch
to watch her game and to watch her :)
her musculature is amazing...she looks better than bruce lee in woman edition :) fok you all who started with that anorexia....:o

paulhc
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:22 PM
First time I saw her: sunday 17th of march 2002, when she won against Hingis. She played wonderfully, taking all the risks from the baseline. I noticed of course those legs and this well-proportionned body :hearts:

First time I saw her in real life : wednesday 29th of may 2002, on court N°7 at Roland Garros. I wanted to know if my impressions during the Eurosport live at Indian Wells would be confirmed.

And...:D...then arrived a stunning beautiful princess on this court : I LOVED the way she walks : elegant ! That was the most remarquable : the incredible way she walks...She wouldn't play tennis, I would be here just to see her walk...
And...:D...of course these legs as in 2002.How could I describe what I felt? Sorry, Paycheck, but it's impossible !

Anyway, on that wednesday, that's what I saw (see attachment, already posted, but it's for Paycheck).

Since then, I followed all her matches in Eurosport during summer 2002, went to Open Gaz de France to see her ( I didn't know Graham at that time, he was
here that day too !), and I'm Cocktailer since last march :cool:

mousee
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:40 PM
I LOVED the way she walks : elegant ! That was the most remarquable : the incredible way she walks...She wouldn't play tennis, I would be here just to see her walk...

:) ;) on http://daniela-hantuchova.webpark.sk/ download section
is one video where she walks to the net :) i know what do you mean.

people use to say: she (Daniela) has style like Steffy Graf :)
i have to smile :) :eek: because during RG eurosport was showing
legends and i watched Martina Hingis Vs Steffy (she won if im right) and :eek: Steffy has had absolutely NO style :)
her dress was awfull (blue+khaki/brown) :D and she jumped+walked like
she-goat :p really big fun
i like steffy but i dont want to remember her like goat :)
:angel:

Tarsius
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:53 PM
ME? I felt like this: :bounce:

Seriously though, I first saw her on the papers when she won IW 2002. I thought she was pretty, but believe it or not I still wasn't compelled to jump straight into the Net and look for any picture I can find. The first time I saw her actually play was in Fed Cup 2002 and thats when it hit me that this was going one incredible player. When they won against Spain... thats when I actually went like this:
:bounce:

chapel
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:25 AM
the first time i saw her was during AusOpen 2002....mixed doubles i think. and yes, pinky, she seemed like she was glowing. her cute face and those long legs were the first to make an impression on me. then after a few more minutes watching the game, i realized that she's no anna k copy. she could actually play really well. then my attention shifted to kevin coz i was really jealous of him! but then, sense got to me and realized that i'm lucky not to be him...hehe ;)

paycheck
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:54 AM
:bounce: That is incredible I felt what you guys felt when I saw her too! :bounce:

I'll post later On my personal feelings :angel:

mousee
Jun 23rd, 2003, 02:51 PM
thats why we are here :angel:
and i will watch my words, since i know
that Nigel+Daniela knows about CP :) http://66.227.101.70/ups/dvx_rune/innocent.gif

kysersoze
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
Australian Open, 2002.

I remember I was flicking through the channels to TSN and just having it on while I was making a cup of tea. All of a sudden they switched the tv feed from a dull mens game (can't remember players but was v.v.dull) and suddenly this beautiful woman apeared on the screen. With a sudden 'Hello!" I was captivated. I was bewitched by this beauty who not only looked fantastic, but also could play some pretty mean tennis. She had a style and grace that was lacking from most of the other women tennis players I had seen. That evening I went on the net and found out as much as I could about Dani. And i've been hooked ever since.

lee station
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:40 PM
What I felt...? I was injured and worried, cos I thought it was my responsibility, and I saw her in the tv. She gave me a boost to carry on. That's why I will always be there to support Daniela. :bounce: :D

gorecki
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:03 PM
first heard about Dani in 2001 - when she was taking players like Jennifer and Lindsay to three sets... :)

first saw her play in Wimbledon '02 and immediately became a fan - She Got Game! :D

:wavey: paycheck - nice to see a fellow Chinese Dani fan :)

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:29 PM
During Wimbledon, I shall celebrate the first time I saw her on TV. I was watching the quarter finals match against Serena, then an angel gracefully floated across the screen. I sat on my sofa trying to expain why an angel is inside my TV. That angel also had a name, Daniela Hantuchova. Though I had troubles trying to pronounce her name, I didn't have any when I ran into my room and swiftly looked her up on the internet. What I found was the girl of my dreams.

She lost in straight sets. But I wasn't paying any attention to the match, instead I couldn't stop gazing into her serene eyes. It felt like she was looking at me too! She did put up a very good fight. I thought that she was the first threat to Serena in the tournament.

Then months of solitude passed, just me and my books, hoping that I would do well in the college entrance exams so that I could enroll in a medical school. But my mind wasn't fully concentrated at the task at hand. Instead, it often drifted away to places where an average seventeen year old would. I just couldn't stop thinking about her!

Then the moment of truth came, my exams. I did poorly, but I couldn't have cared less. Daniela's match was on TV. It was the Collin's Cup and she was playing against Jennifer Capriati. When the match was forced into a third set, I saw Daniela smile. It was the most innocent, down to earth smile I have ever seen. It was truly divine, an experience I will never forget. I almost fell off the sofa when I saw her smile, a very hard thing to do even if you tried to do it on purpose! Then I finally did fall off, because I was trying to kiss the TV. Even though she lost (I've never seen a match that Daniela has won), her smile made my day and it washed away all my academic disappointments. And before I noticed, I was also wearing a smile, believing that if you keep on smiling good things would come.

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Nothin' special.

You must have felt something to be here! ;)

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:44 PM
And before I noticed, I was also wearing a smile, believing that if you keep on smiling good things would come.

That's really very moving, thanks for sharing! :)

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 04:47 PM
That's really very moving, thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you Graham! :wavey:

I was just speaking from my heart. :angel:

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I was just speaking from my heart. :angel:

That is the only place to speak from because if you never mean what you say then it shouldn't be said.

moogle san
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:14 PM
That is the only place to speak from because if you never mean what you say then it shouldn't be said.

listen to the wise words of an old man... :p ;)

... but they are perfectly true :bounce:

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:16 PM

Words of wisdom! Bravo! Well said Graham, well said. :worship: :angel:

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:20 PM
listen to the wise words of an old man... :p ;)

... but they are perfectly true :bounce:

Old? :confused: You mean 'older' don't you? *ahem* ;) :angel:

moogle san
Jun 24th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Old? :confused: You mean 'older' don't you? *ahem* ;) :angel:

of course :) I meant 'just a slight bit older than young' :angel:

HomerXIV
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, but don't ''u think ''u exaggerate a little in your story?...

marquinho_85
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:18 PM

who are you talking to :confused:

HomerXIV
Jun 24th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I was talking to paycheck...

paycheck
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:36 AM

I believe exagerating is inevitable, since words come terribly short in describing Daniela. :angel:

mandy7
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:06 AM
you guys are either freaky or funny, i haven't decided yet. JK I never saw daniela in real life, but i'm working on it (we might go to Wimbledon next year) The first time i saw her on TV i was like: nice legs.. great backhand down the line.... I LOVE THAT GIRL!! haha. no seriously the first thing that obviously caught my eye was her appearance but I'm not the type that likes every good looking guy or girl, but she just made me like her cause she played an incredible match.
and now i'm a daniela-addict, but not a professional one , lol
Ciao M.

dani msn group (http://groups.msn.com/danielahantuchova4life)
i'm not sure if i'm gona continue the wimbledon up-dates, since i'm still a bit pissed

chapel
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:17 AM
hey mandy! :wavey:

moogle san
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:20 AM
you guys are either freaky or funny, i haven't decided yet. ;) I never saw daniela in real life, but i'm working on it (we might go to Wimbledon next year) The first time i saw her on TV i was like: nice legs.. great backhand down the line.... I LOVE THAT GIRL!! haha. no seriously the first thing that obviously caught my eye was her appearance but I'm not the type that likes every good looking guy or girl, but she just made me like her cause she played an incredible match.
and now i'm a daniela-addict, but not a professional one :p
Ciao M.

welcome to the cp, mandy :wavey:

nobody here's a professional... :rolleyes: :p ;)

paycheck
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Hi mandy! :wavey:

Don't worry, I've been here for only a few days, and already it feels like I'm part of the big Cocktail Party family. :)

GrahamD
Sep 13th, 2003, 08:50 AM
December 3rd 2002 Copenhagen

wipeout
Sep 13th, 2003, 10:30 PM
I first saw Daniela play on TV at the mixed doubles at Wimbledon 2001. :)

My first thoughts were:

wow! she's totally gorgeous :worship:

**immediate worried pause**

er... how old is she exactly? :eek:

**goes to check**

oh, that's okay :devil:

**another pause**

er... how tall is she? :eek:

**goes to check**

oh, same height as me! :p

**yet another pause**

Han-tu... hant-oo... han-too... er... :confused:

**goes to check**

Daniela Hantuchova. :hearts: :devil: :angel: :cool:

lee station
Sep 13th, 2003, 10:33 PM
:bounce: :wavey: :D

beauty_is_pink
Sep 13th, 2003, 10:49 PM
:wavey: aw great (funni) story wipeout! :lol:

what i thought of when Daniela was walking my way at the Rogers Cup event this summer: OMG OMG OMG! ITS DANIELA! shes walking my way! oh man! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edward.
Sep 13th, 2003, 10:55 PM
When I first saw Dani, I was :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :drool: :drool: :drool: because she was so gorgeous, while being :sad: :tears: because it was during that Asagoe match.

bracey
Sep 13th, 2003, 11:01 PM
I was watching W2002 and Sue Barker said "we have a bright young talent with us (not Boris Becker). She interviewed her and my jaw just dropped.
Even my brother was moderately impressed and he's never as open as that about anything.

JLDementieva
Sep 14th, 2003, 02:59 AM
The first and only time I saw Daniela I was :rolls: I was thinking, "OH MY GOD! I can't believe Daniela's standing right in fron of me!!!" She was smiling all the time, which gave me a very good impression! And I was just so happy, I couldn't even remember where I was going! :crazy:

wipeout
Sep 14th, 2003, 10:19 PM
:wavey: aw great (funni) story wipeout! :lol:

Thanks. :D It's true, I really did kept going back online again and again and checking details. :p

Second time I really took notice of her was her famous "cocktail dress" at the Australia 2002 women's doubles. ;)

Third time I noticed her was a few weeks later when she won Indian Wells. :worship:

what i thought of when Daniela was walking my way at the Rogers Cup event this summer: OMG OMG OMG! ITS DANIELA! shes walking my way! oh man! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't know what I'd do if I saw her walking my way, other than I'd be trying to look without obviously looking. :devil: :angel:

kysersoze
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:22 PM
mine was 'who is that stunning beauty with the mean backhand'. Then spent the next few hours on the internet trying to find out about her!!

Edward.
Sep 14th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Same, after I saw her at Wimbledon, all I did on the internet, was search for information and pictures on her! :drool:

paycheck
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:05 AM
God bless the internet!:worship:

Fletch
Sep 15th, 2003, 10:24 AM
When i first saw Daniela i didnt really notice the looks, only saw her legs and she always had her back to the camera, the main thing that captured my eye was her tennis, i thought what a brilliant young talent! I was watching on TV at the time cant remember when cos ive bin a fan for a long time :) and then the two players went for a break and they were always focusing on the other player!! and i remember screaming at the television praying they'll show Daniela and when they did i thought OMG!! never mind her legs look at her face! shes beautiful! and because i talked about her tennis a lot well pretty much all the timemy family kept gettin annoyed with me and my girlfriend got jealous! who would'nt be jealous of someone who is as nice as Daniela? Then the interview after the match, thought: have to watch this. She was laughing and jkin about, had a big smile on her face and i could see that she was very shy which is great cos it means im not the only shy person in the world! And her attitude to her tennis was that it was just one of those things that she had actually lost the match and that she loves to play tennis, and i thought what a great attitude to have! most players are just interested in the money but Daniela not only likes her tennis but she also loves her fans! So ive set myself a mini-goal although its not like to happen im gonna try and meet her, its the most farfetched thing ive ever done but im gonna try - why not? just to hear her say hi back to me would make my day! lol
Thanks

paycheck
Sep 15th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Hey Stuart!:wavey:

What match were you talking about?

Fletch
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Hey Stuart!:wavey:

What match were you talking about?

I cant remember now its been a long time ive known about her before she was professional but only really followed her since around 2000

paycheck
Sep 15th, 2003, 03:35 PM
That is really early, so you've followed her for a very long time!!!:worship:

andrewbroad
Sep 15th, 2003, 04:28 PM
The first time I saw Daniela was on www.stz.sk in late 1999, where I saw the following photo:
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/daniela.jpg

I thought, "What a cute Slovakian girl. There are a dozen juniors on this site, and this girl is by far the prettiest. A good example of the Slovakian Look, too.

"Daniela Hantuchová... the name rings a bell, but I can't put my finger on where I've heard that name before - in some junior results somewhere? But where? I can't remember.

"I wish for this girl to become a top player. I know it's a long shot, because she's just an unknown junior now, but I'll certainly keep my eyes open for her from now on."

It's so incredibly wonderful that my wish came true, and that Daniela has turned out to be not just a looker but the most flairsomely talented player (bar Monica Seles) I've ever seen! :D

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danielahantuchova/

Fletch
Sep 15th, 2003, 05:21 PM
The first time I saw Daniela was on www.stz.sk in late 1999, where I saw the following photo:
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/daniela.jpg

I thought, "What a cute Slovakian girl. There are a dozen juniors on this site, and this girl is by far the prettiest. A good example of the Slovakian Look, too.

"Daniela Hantuchová... the name rings a bell, but I can't put my finger on where I've heard that name before - in some junior results somewhere? But where? I can't remember.

"I wish for this girl to become a top player. I know it's a long shot, because she's just an unknown junior now, but I'll certainly keep my eyes open for her from now on."

It's so incredibly wonderful that my wish came true, and that Daniela has turned out to be not just a looker but the most flairsomely talented player (bar Monica Seles) I've ever seen! :D

She is easy better than Seles, Dani is one of the best in the world but im sure you already know about the press n that its just bin a bad year for Dani so far

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danielahantuchova/

She is easy better than Seles, Dani is one of the best in the world but im sure you already know about the press n that its just bin a bad year for Dani so far

GrahamD
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:13 PM
I was there..... :D :bounce: :dance: :yippee: ......

http://www.f-reklame.dk/docs/tennisgalla/images/venus_hantuchova.jpg

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/daniela-hantuchova/photos/tennisannonce.jpg

lee station
Sep 15th, 2003, 07:44 PM
:rocker2: :yippee: :bigclap:

gdmirou
Sep 16th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Initially, there was her elegant tennis - a style like no other. Then came the rest of her - simply, impossibly, irresistible!!!

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 12:51 AM
I cant remember now its been a long time ive known about her before she was professional but only really followed her since around 2000

This has been bugging me for an while and I have to ask the question.

How could you, as a 13 year old, have been following an unknown 17 year old player in 2000, ranked 201st then 108th in the world at the time when she spent the whole year mainly playing and losing in tournament qualifiers? She would have had no TV exposure and very little internet news which I doubt you would have had much access to at 13. Most people had never even heard of her then, so it seems strange how a 13 year old boy would have. She then spent most of 2001 establishing herself but even then only finished the year ranked 38th, and still pretty much unknown. It wasn't until March 2002 in Indian Wells did she really become well known to most people.

I'm just intrigued how you say you've been following her for so long, but judging by the questions you ask on yahoo groups, you seem very naive about tennis in general and know little about her :confused: :scratch: :awww:

You said you knew about her before she was professional, well you would have been 11 or 12 then, and I'm really intrigued and curious how someone so young managed to get involved in following the junior/qualifier tennis scene.

marquinho_85
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:30 AM
:tape: :tape: :tape:

graham you just have to say: Gotcha!!

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:33 PM
This has been bugging me for an while and I have to ask the question.

How could you, as a 13 year old, have been following an unknown 17 year old player in 2000, ranked 201st then 108th in the world at the time when she spent the whole year mainly playing and losing in tournament qualifiers? She would have had no TV exposure and very little internet news which I doubt you would have had much access to at 13. Most people had never even heard of her then, so it seems strange how a 13 year old boy would have. She then spent most of 2001 establishing herself but even then only finished the year ranked 38th, and still pretty much unknown. It wasn't until March 2002 in Indian Wells did she really become well known to most people.

I'm just intrigued how you say you've been following her for so long, but judging by the questions you ask on yahoo groups, you seem very naive about tennis in general and know little about her :confused: :scratch: :awww:

You said you knew about her before she was professional, well you would have been 11 or 12 then, and I'm really intrigued and curious how someone so young managed to get involved in following the junior/qualifier tennis scene.

My brother is a bigger tennis fan than me and is interested in youngsters, i said i knew of her that doesnt necessarily mean i know alot about her just her name and that shes promising (so my brother said) and if u think im a liar just say so otherwise get off my back.

paycheck
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:44 PM
My brother is a bigger tennis fan than me and is interested in youngsters, i said i knew of her that doesnt necessarily mean i know alot about her just her name and that shes promising (so my brother said) and if u think im a liar just say so otherwise get off my back.
I think that clears up alot! :D

And let us not forget that the fact is that you are a Daniela fan. :angel: And you are in the right place! :wavey: Welcome!

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:57 PM

No-one is saying you're a liar, it's just that you're stories don't add up. On yahoo groups the other week you asked what tennis racquet she uses! :confused: I think for someone who has been following her for as long as you say you have, you would know something like that. You also asked loads of questions on there about getting tickets for Eastbourne, yet in another message to me you said that your Dad and brother had been going there for years and that next time you were going in your brothers place! :confused: So you can see why I'm curious because the things you say don't add up!

kysersoze
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:00 PM
:confused: So you can see why I'm curious because the things you say don't add up!
as Del Boy would say:
'He who dares my son, he who dares.....'

Mange tous!! He who dares Rodney, he who dares!!

You get Only Fools and Horses in Canada then? My all time fave TV prog :haha:

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:02 PM
No-one is saying you're a liar, it's just that you're stories don't add up. On yahoo groups the other week you asked what tennis racquet she uses! :confused: I think for someone who has been following her for as long as you say you have, you would know something like that. You also asked loads of questions on there about getting tickets for Eastbourne, yet in another message to me you said that your Dad and brother had been going there for years and that next time you were going in your brothers place! :confused: So you can see why I'm curious because the things you say don't add up!

i was told she changed her racquet by one of my friends which later turned out to be a joke - though not a funny one, they also said she was gonna stop playin but i knew that was a load of balls.

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:13 PM
So how did you get on at Wimbledon this year?
"Although i am going to Wimbledon and
several other tournaments in the UK to see Daniela, i would like to
contact her as there is something i would really like to tell her and
no its not i love you Daniela (even tho i do) i've accepted that'll
never happen unfortunately so if u know of any contact details or e-
mail, address anything, if its not too much trouble most them to me
Stuartfletcher_mufc10@h...

Not quite sure which other UK tournaments you were referrring to, but she only plays 2 and in July you've already missed one, the other being Wimby!

You see, things just aren't making sense! :lol:

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:15 PM
So how did you get on at Wimbledon this year?
"Although i am going to Wimbledon and
several other tournaments in the UK to see Daniela, i would like to
contact her as there is something i would really like to tell her and
no its not i love you Daniela (even tho i do) i've accepted that'll
never happen unfortunately so if u know of any contact details or e-
mail, address anything, if its not too much trouble most them to me
Stuartfletcher_mufc10@h...

Not quite sure which other UK tournaments you were referrring to, but she only plays 2 and in July you've already missed one, the other being Wimby!

You see, things just aren't making sense! :lol:

For god sake Graham where does it say that im going in 2003? I meant next year!!

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:26 PM
And you said you didn't support anyone to me despite having MUFC in your e-mail address :confused:

lol thats cos if id ave told u, u would probably ave taken the mick when u beat us 3-1. hehe :) :o

kysersoze
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:28 PM
lol thats cos if id ave told u, u would probably ave taken the mick when u beat us 3-1. hehe :) :o
:topic:

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:29 PM
:topic:

I was only explaining!

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 03:40 PM
I was only explaining!

There's no need really, you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself each time you write something ! :lol: :rolleyes:

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:05 PM
When i first saw Daniela i didnt really notice the looks, only saw her legs and she always had her back to the camera, the main thing that captured my eye was her tennis, i thought what a brilliant young talent! I was watching on TV at the time cant remember when cos ive bin a fan for a long time :) and then the two players went for a break and they were always focusing on the other player!! and i remember screaming at the television praying they'll show Daniela -

So this would have been in about 2000 right? She wasn't on UK TV in 2000, they don't televise qualifying events! :lol: In the UK, the earliest you were most likely to have seen her would have been the 2nd round of Wimbledon in 2001 when she lost to V. Williams.

paycheck
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Lets give Stuart a break!

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Lets give Stuart a break!

Nah!!! He's very funny. :silly: He gives us all a laugh! :lol: :haha: :banana: :crazy: :nerner: :bigwave:

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 06:34 PM
I havent lied to any of you except bracey about mufc and im not willing to explain to u all anymore i only came here cos i wanted to talk to other Daniela fans and yet you're all crucifying me i havent either done anything wrong, if u'd rather i left i will do.

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:38 PM
I havent lied to any of you except bracey about mufc and im not willing to explain to u all anymore i only came here cos i wanted to talk to other Daniela fans and yet you're all crucifying me i havent either done anything wrong, if u'd rather i left i will do.

Calm down! No-ones crucifying you, but you have to admit you've said some rather strange things that just don't add up or make sense so you've left yourself open to a little cross-examination. We're just curious, that's all!

You would appear to be on of the youngest people here, yet at the same time, one of the longest serving fans. I'm just curious how you managed all of this, I'm not calling you a liar, I never have, but if you come on here and make such bold statements, you need to be able to back them up with something that is, shall we say, more believebale than what you said when we asked.

As not many of us followed Daniela as a junior or when she was playing qualifiers, we're just intrigued to hear your tales from all those years ago, so maybe you'd like to share them with us.

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Calm down! No-ones crucifying you, but you have to admit you've said some rather strange things that just don't add up or make sense so you've left yourself open to a little cross-examination. We're just curious, that's all!

You would appear to be on of the youngest people here, yet at the same time, one of the longest serving fans. I'm just curious how you managed all of this, I'm not calling you a liar, I never have, but if you come on here and make such bold statements, you need to be able to back them up with something that is, shall we say, more believebale than what you said when we asked.

As not many of us followed Daniela as a junior or when she was playing qualifiers, we're just intrigued to hear your tales from all those years ago, so maybe you'd like to share them with us.

Ok im sorry maybe i did go over the top but i just felt like u was all tryin to ave a go at me or something, yes i can see that reading back on what i wrote it dont make sense - cos i missed bits out but i honestly am not lying to you all - what would be the point? it doesnt matter whether someone has been a fan of Daniela for a long time or a short time, they are still a fan, i just 1 of the lucky ones who heard of her when she was still young,
sorry for inconvenience caused it wont happen again

GrahamD
Sep 17th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Ok im sorry maybe i did go over the top but i just felt like u was all tryin to ave a go at me or something, yes i can see that reading back on what i wrote it dont make sense - cos i missed bits out but i honestly am not lying to you all - what would be the point? it doesnt matter whether someone has been a fan of Daniela for a long time or a short time, they are still a fan, i just 1 of the lucky ones who heard of her when she was still young,
sorry for inconvenience caused it wont happen again

Well if you tell us about the bits you missed out, I'm sure it will all begin to make sense.

So please tell us more about how you followed and supported her in qualifiers all those years ago when you were 12 or 13. What was her game like then? How did you see her relationship with her coach then? You see, not many of us had even heard of her then, and for those that had, there was very little information available at the time, but as you say, you were one of the lucky ones, and we'd really like to hear more about her early years because we don't get to hear about then too often, so it's good to have someone like you on board.

Albireo
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:52 PM
OK, I'll bite on the topic. :)

The first time I saw her play (TV) was at the 2002 US Open, vs. JHH. I'd been on the road during the FO and Wimbledon, and hadn't really heard much about her (although I saw the "Stork" article in USA Today during Wimbledon; at the time, I thought, "... just another new tennis hottie-of-the-week..."; I don't think there was a picture with the article, or I'd have been a little more interested. :) )

During the rain delay in the JHH match, they'd run a brief interview with DH and Pam Shriver, some commentary about her by Pat McEnroe and Bill MacAtee, and a few games of the match (cutting away after the injury). I was out, though, and fortunately had the tape running. :) But I didn't watch the tape until later, after the USA Network coverage was over for the night; it was the USA coverage-- live, or close to it-- that caught my attention.

My first impression, I suppose, was the backhand, just as Joe said (although on reflection, maybe it was what she was and wasn't wearing. :lick: ). It was simply an astonishing shot, and I don't normally even like the look of two-handers. She was pounding winners left and right, coming to net, walking around the court like she just knew she was going to win, even in the final-set tiebreak. And the elegance in her game conclusively sold me on her tennis; there was a balletic grace to her game that was beautiful to watch-- only Mecir and Edberg had that same smoothness. And Daniela's game was all the silkier for her build: those legs (if there's a God, surely He signed her legs somewhere) !, the straight, almost unmoving shoulders, the long, tensile-strong arms that swung her racquet like a whip.

The interview with MacAtee was the real clincher, though. She smiled constantly beneath the visor, shyly looking askance at MacAtee and absolutely avoiding looking anywhere near the cameras, even when MacAtee asked her to show the viewers the icepack/wrap on her injured hand; she went into permanent-blush mode for the rest of the interview after that. I didn't even waste time trying to think if I'd ever seen a prettier/cuter smile, because I knew I hadn't. (The accent certainly didn't hurt, either. :) ) MacAtee made her do the lead-in to the next commercial in Slovak ("Would you do us a favor and say, 'We'll be right back at the US Open after this break' in Slovak? Please?" She bundled into her jacket [that shyness again! :angel:] as if shrinking away from the cameras, read the line in Slovak as they cut away, and giggled until the commercial started.) She seemed so totally naive and unjaded about the whole tennis experience that she instantly became my favorite player, even over my favorite-for-a-decade :tape: .

And did I mention the smile...?

beauty_is_pink
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:59 PM
:awww:

that was a cute and sweet post Al! :hug: DANIELA! :hug:

Fletch
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Well if you tell us about the bits you missed out, I'm sure it will all begin to make sense.

So please tell us more about how you followed and supported her in qualifiers all those years ago when you were 12 or 13. What was her game like then? How did you see her relationship with her coach then? You see, not many of us had even heard of her then, and for those that had, there was very little information available at the time, but as you say, you were one of the lucky ones, and we'd really like to hear more about her early years because we don't get to hear about then too often, so it's good to have someone like you on board.

ok well so my dad and brother are into tennis also and around the backend of 1999 my brother who would've been 20 at the time was going to a tournament abroad - i'll try n find out where it was he went i dont know at the moment, he came back he said he'd heard of a new crop of strong players coming through from some of his friends or somethin, 1 of which was Daniela (i also try n find out who the others were) so obviously i asked what was so good about Daniela, he said strong serve, excellent backhand etc, he also said she was a stunner referring to the looks department and that i'd probably like her. anyway beginning of 2000 and im on the net and i saw an article written about some up and coming tennis players (i'll try to find that article too) and Daniela was also mentioned, regonised her name, in that along with some others, so i thought well maybe she is something special, tried to find something on her and there was nothing, i kept occasionally trying to find stuff on her and it came thru in bits and bats, found out she'd bin at the Bolliteri academy in florida when she was 13
now the first time i saw her on television was on holiday i couldn't tell you where but it was in Europe, but i remember on the program there was her and these other young men and women playing tennis, it was part of a sports program and the tennis section on this was about 3 mins long and was giving an insight into young professionals or something and she was in a match, it wasnt a proper match but they were really having a go, with another girl in an indoor tennis court - there were no fans just other players on other courts and that was really the first time i saw her and yes she definately was a stunner, then there was like a 30 second interview or something and she was just sayin that she enjoyed tennis or something like that and that was it really began taking an interest and i wanted to know more about this player and i kept searching for stuff on the net and as she got more and more popular through 2001 onwards i found more stuff on her and that was it really, i hope that helps you a bit with how i came to know about her and support her, is there anyone else who saw that program? there must be someone i mean it wasnt very long fair enough she may not have been recognised even tho they introduced her to the camera and stuff for the interview but i would ave thought someone would ave seen it. i hope that helps a little more.
Thanks

lee station
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:19 PM
It's cool to hear this :cool:

daniela's necklace
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry guys, I have seen this thread for a while and I haven't been able to post about the feeling I got...it's just too marvelous for words :speakles:

lee station
Sep 17th, 2003, 10:32 PM
and hadn't really heard much about her (although I saw the "Stork" article in USA Today during Wimbledon; at the time, I thought, "... just another new tennis hottie-of-the-week..."I don't think the Daniela of the past is going to come back, I think she's a lot stronger now, despite having had to struggle with everything.
Great post as always Albireo!

daniela's necklace
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:05 PM
I don't think the Daniela of the past is going to come back...

don't say that :sad:

lee station
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Face it.

daniela's necklace
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:39 PM
sshhh! I'm still trying to write my msg to her :sad:

lee station
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:44 PM
I know you'll come up with something cool, imagine receiving a card with nice comments from everyone :D

daniela's necklace
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:48 PM
mike said the same thing, but I just want it to be honest, not "special" :shrug:

daniela's necklace
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Graham. Maria. The deed is done :)

gdmirou
Sep 18th, 2003, 08:08 AM
OK, I'll bite on the topic. :)

The first time I saw her play (TV) was at the 2002 US Open, vs. JHH. I'd been on the road during the FO and Wimbledon, and hadn't really heard much about her (although I saw the "Stork" article in USA Today during Wimbledon; at the time, I thought, "... just another new tennis hottie-of-the-week..."; I don't think there was a picture with the article, or I'd have been a little more interested. :) )

During the rain delay in the JHH match, they'd run a brief interview with DH and Pam Shriver, some commentary about her by Pat McEnroe and Bill MacAtee, and a few games of the match (cutting away after the injury). I was out, though, and fortunately had the tape running. :) But I didn't watch the tape until later, after the USA Network coverage was over for the night; it was the USA coverage-- live, or close to it-- that caught my attention.

My first impression, I suppose, was the backhand, just as Joe said (although on reflection, maybe it was what she was and wasn't wearing. :lick: ). It was simply an astonishing shot, and I don't normally even like the look of two-handers. She was pounding winners left and right, coming to net, walking around the court like she just knew she was going to win, even in the final-set tiebreak. And the elegance in her game conclusively sold me on her tennis; there was a balletic grace to her game that was beautiful to watch-- only Mecir and Edberg had that same smoothness. And Daniela's game was all the silkier for her build: those legs (if there's a God, surely He signed her legs somewhere) !, the straight, almost unmoving shoulders, the long, tensile-strong arms that swung her racquet like a whip.

The interview with MacAtee was the real clincher, though. She smiled constantly beneath the visor, shyly looking askance at MacAtee and absolutely avoiding looking anywhere near the cameras, even when MacAtee asked her to show the viewers the icepack/wrap on her injured hand; she went into permanent-blush mode for the rest of the interview after that. I didn't even waste time trying to think if I'd ever seen a prettier/cuter smile, because I knew I hadn't. (The accent certainly didn't hurt, either. :) ) MacAtee made her do the lead-in to the next commercial in Slovak ("Would you do us a favor and say, 'We'll be right back at the US Open after this break' in Slovak? Please?" She bundled into her jacket [that shyness again! :angel:] as if shrinking away from the cameras, read the line in Slovak as they cut away, and giggled until the commercial started.) She seemed so totally naive and unjaded about the whole tennis experience that she instantly became my favorite player, even over my favorite-for-a-decade :tape: .

And did I mention the smile...?
Excellent turns of phrases as always, Al!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

kevinc982
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I kinda stumbled onto Daniela during Eastbourne 2002...

To be honest I was more surprised to see women's tennis on UK TV pre-Wimbledon, I think that's why I actually watched it? But watch I did...

Now, you gotta understand that I was living in the heart of London's East End at the time, very near Canary Wharf, and that despite living in the technological hub of the country I couldn't get a decent terrestrial TV signal for love-nor-money! :banghead:

So I'm sat there watching my reception-challenged TV wondering if the girl serving at the top of the screen really has the longest-legs I've ever seen or if my TV is on the wonk again.

Then there's a changeover and the long-legs are at the bottom of the screen, so I'm curious and rapidly swaying towards this girl having legs-o-plenty, but this is my TV we're talking about... I watch-on.

And then, bang! One quick glimpse from under her visor and that was it... :hearts:

I phoned my best-mate straight-away and told him to change the TV over to the tennis and we got completely busted by his Dad who was watching something-else at the time, but even he commented on her long-legs - although I think his comment was slightly less charitable ("baby-giraffe")

I wish I could say I was initially blown-away by her shot-making and selection, but I'm a cricketer at heart and although I know a good-shot when I see it I was just stunned by this incredibly pretty girl with long-legs bounding around the baseline.

Plus there were at least 3 balls on my TV, which made it kinda tricky... :tennis:

:yeah:

daniela's necklace
Sep 18th, 2003, 03:52 PM
baby-giraffe :spit: