PDA

View Full Version : Hello (and tattoo)

bradluvsmomo
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Greetings Momosapiens! I've just registered and wanted to say hi. I'm a tennis fan from Sydney Australia, and a MASSIVE Mauresmo fan. I used to be totally in love with Mary Pierce (and still have a soft spot for her), but nowadays my heart belongs to Momo. She is spectacular.

Question: does anyone know what her tattoo is? Does it say anything, or is it just a picture?

NYLibertyGirl84
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Her tattoo is a pic of an angle on a olive branch...twig something like that! oh and welcome

bradluvsmomo
Jun 17th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks NYLibertygirl!

~Binbin~
Aug 15th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Hi bradluvsmomo! I've just registered myself, and I am also a huge Mauresmo fan (even though Martina Hingis is still my number one player ;) ). On Amélie's official website (www.amelie-mauresmo.com/fr), Amélie explains to us the whole meaning of her tatoo and how she decided to get one (a bet!). I'm not sure the website can be translated in English, so I'm going to try and translate the whole part about her tatoo :
" The idea of getting a tatoo came up at the end of a training session, during my last season in Australia. As far as I'm concerned, I had been been interested in tatoos for 2 or 3 years. It was an appealing idea, however I had never had the occasion to get one, not knowing what to do and where to do it. That is why I took the occasion when my coach Sophie Collardey told me she would get a tatoo if I won a tournament. It was funny, because when I started winning all my matches in Sydney I would say to myself "Oh my God, what have I done?". Then I won the tournament and I knew I couldn't go back. So I went to get a tattoo at the end of the Australian Open in Melbourne with Sophie. Because I am a bit sissy, I was a bit afraid of the pain, but it just hurt a little bit. I chose the drawing of an angel holding an olive branch in his hand, which is the symbol of peace. I give importance to this drawing. At first, I wanted the tattoo on my shoulder blade, but then I realized it would have been impossible for me to take a look at it. So I got the tatto on my left shoulder. On the tour, almost everybody knows about it. But contrary to what some people may think, many players have their own tattoos : I'm not an exception."
Here you go! I hope I answered you question ;)

bradluvsmomo
Aug 31st, 2003, 10:45 PM
Wow! Thanks Binbin! Very informative!

moni
Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:47 PM
Hi everybody! I am a big, huge Mauresmo fan (who else could I be?? ),I am hungarian, but I live in Prague, so I don't have many (any?) occasions to get to live tennis, so thanks to all of you for those fantastic pics! :wavey:

Jewels
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:26 AM
thanks for the translation :)

and a big hello :wavey:

hana
Oct 24th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Hi How are you?I was born in Prague,world is so small.Nice to meet you anyway.Amelie is Simply The Best.

Sonja
Oct 26th, 2004, 01:53 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=136680