PDA

View Full Version : CD Cover and Title [Suggestions Here]

beauty_is_pink
Jun 12th, 2003, 08:42 PM
im keeping in contact with paul and we're trying to figure out a name for the CD and pictures for the cover...

Title:
-Just For You [suggested by: Graham

as i told paul, the title should be sweet yet simple and unique.. it should be something that she'll remeber and never forget! :p

Cover::

-dolphins jumpnig in the air at Rome since those are 2 of her fave things.. [suggested by: Graham]

-collage of Daniela's fave things, taken from that french site [suggested by: Graham]

-collage of something.. like maybe we can send our pics and make a collage of that? [suggested by: me, Pinky]

-we could make like an invitation. an invitation for Dani to a "Cocktail Party" [suggested by: marq]

me and graham definitely agreed that we shouldnt have a cover with a picture of Daniela herself on it.. because it'll be weird for her to hafta stare at herself.. ya kno?

anyways.. post suggestions here and Paul and myself will take them into consideration.. and then maybe a poll will be conducted to see what we all want...

until then.. keep the songs coming!

GrahamD
Jun 12th, 2003, 09:04 PM
im keeping in contact with paul and we're trying to figure out a name for the CD and pictures for the cover...

Cover::

-dolphins jumpnig in the air at Rome since those are 2 of her fave things.. [suggested by: Graham]

That should be dolphins jumping through 'that' fountain in Rome - I'm sure Paul could conjure up some magical wizardry with his graphical designs! :D :cool:

paulhc
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:07 PM
That should be dolphins jumping through 'that' fountain in Rome - I'm sure Paul could conjure up some magical wizardry with his graphical designs! :D :cool:

hehe... :angel:

I have old slides of dolphins jumping taken in the south of France, at the Antibes delphinarium. I hope I could find them back :confused: because after my 98 removal, many things stayed in some forgotten packs in some forgotten places...

Nice pics of Rome will be needed. Pics of Rome, anyone ?? About the fountain : you mean the pic taken during the Italian Open ?

GrahamD
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:33 PM
About the fountain : you mean the pic taken during the Italian Open ?

Yes, I forget the name of it, but Daniela had a few pics taken there wearing that lovely blue dress. I guess she likes it there and I conjured up the image of dolphins (her favourite animal) leaping through the fountain in Rome (her favourite city), and guessed that she would be pleased with that.

moogle san
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:42 PM
What about a combination: I like both the idea with the jumping dolphins in rome and marq's idea with the invitation is also :cool: So a combination would be :D and make me :bounce:

If Paul does the design of the card I'll start the poll once again... :angel: ;)

kysersoze
Jun 13th, 2003, 03:12 AM
how about a background of the dolphins and the title of the cd being in the form of a invite to the cocktail party, where every hour is happy hour.

paulhc
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Yes, I forget the name of it, but Daniela had a few pics taken there wearing that lovely blue dress. I guess she likes it there and I conjured up the image of dolphins (her favourite animal) leaping through the fountain in Rome (her favourite city), and guessed that she would be pleased with that.

I think it's the "Fontena di Trevi", isn't it ? The famous one where everybody throws a coin.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 13th, 2003, 07:09 PM
swefan's suggestion:

Why dont we call the CD: The Cocktail Party...volume 1

lol sounds like a good idea to me!
then we can keep on making her cds! lol

marquinho_85
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:18 PM
swefan's suggestion:

Why dont we call the CD: The Cocktail Party...volume 1

lol sounds like a good idea to me!
then we can keep on making her cds! lol

...or The Cocktail Party...first round (of drinks :devil: :devil: )

hehe im just joking :p , volume 1 works for me ;)

daniela's necklace
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:05 PM
an invitation would rock! whatever you do, keep the invitation thing

mousee
Jun 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM
dolphins? too pathetic
give there some MORE DANIELA :)

lee station
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:45 PM
On the contrary, I think that would be great cos she loves dolphins... if we gonna give her the cd we should put on the cover something she loves... :)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 19th, 2003, 11:54 PM
On the contrary, I think that would be great cos she loves dolphins... if we gonna give her the cd we should put on the cover something she loves... :)

yeh... of us! ;)

btw wtarules.. i was wondering if i could have your name.. so i could put it in your description for the cd... thanks :wavey:

mousee
Jun 21st, 2003, 01:12 PM
ok if it will find way to her, then i agree

moogle san
Jun 21st, 2003, 02:35 PM
dolphins + invitation: I think that would be best :D

paulhc
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:03 PM
This is a try : smiles between Dani & a dolphin. I don't think it's weird she appears in it ! They seem to comunicate and the dolphin seems to speak.

The vertical white line in the left : imaginary, it's because it would be nicer to put that cover in a cd box with transparent left side. So this part
with the orange dots would be in the transparent side.

What d'ya think ?

beauty_is_pink
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:05 PM
This is a try : smiles between Dani & a dolphin. I don't think it's weird she appears in it ! They seem to comunicate and the dolphin seems to speak.

The vertical white line in the left : imaginary, it's because it would be nicer to put that cover in a cd box with transparent left side. So this part

What d'ya think ?

paul.. maybe you should make a thread for this.. considering the fact that everyone wont probably come into this thread since they think its nothing we're talking about... :rolleyes:

moogle san
Jun 21st, 2003, 10:13 PM
What d'ya think ?

wow, really great!!! paul, you are definitely gifted :worship:

I think Dani would like it :bounce:

chapel
Jun 21st, 2003, 11:08 PM
paul, really really really good! :worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 21st, 2003, 11:10 PM
do you guys want to keep it like that.. or you have somerhthing else in mind?

lee station
Jun 21st, 2003, 11:13 PM

What d'ya think ? It looks awesome, Paul

paulhc
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:54 PM
This is the cover upgrade 2.0 :

GrahamD
Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:34 PM

Magnifique!

mousee
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
THATS JUST FANTASTIC!!!

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
its almost all done guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me and paul have been in contact for the last week discussing about the cd cover.. and wonderful paul here has been successful!

all we hafta do now is put the cover into the cd case and he's going to mail it to me.. seems alright?
its perfect!

thanks paul! :kiss:

moogle san
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:26 PM
pinky :worship: paul :worship:

marquinho_85
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:35 PM

excellent paul :worship: :worship: :worship:

GrahamD
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:43 PM
its almost all done guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me and paul have been in contact for the last week discussing about the cd cover.. and wonderful paul here has been successful!

all we hafta do now is put the cover into the cd case and he's going to mail it to me.. seems alright?
its perfect!

thanks paul! :kiss:

Thanks to both of you for all the hard work you have put into this so far. I'm sure the finished product will be one that all of us can be proud of and most of all, something that Daniela will be pleased with and that she will think of us when she plays it. She definately needs some more smiles in her life at the moment and that is why we are here.

I'd just like to know - how can you guarantee she will get it in her hand, or at the very least, give it to Nigel?

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:48 PM
I'd just like to know - how can you guarantee she will get it in her hand, or at the very least, give it to Nigel?

well shes coming to Toronto for the Rogers Cup right? [btw toronto is SARS-free now ;) lol]
and im going to Rogers Cup right? yes i am!
so chances are im going to get to see her.. either at practise court or when shes coming to/from her matches.. jus like you did graham!
besides.. my friend is a ballboy there so.. i'll have connections ;)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:49 PM
truthfully tho..
i rather give it to Daniela into HER hands.. not Nigel's .. i wanna see the expression on her face when she recieves it! :eek:

but im jus praying for that to happen..
giving it to Nigel is at its 2nd best

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
o..
um..
anyone would like copy of the cd?
so i can burn maybe a few.. like 3 or 4.. including Daniela's copy..

paulhc
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:51 PM

Haha...this will be Pinky's job ! Pinky, it's up to you to avoid to be shy and give this cd to her or Nigel ! A ll the CP is behind you ! Go, Pinky, go !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

moogle san
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:51 PM
my friend is a ballboy there so..

marat is a ballboy?! :p

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:52 PM
Haha...this will be Pinky's job ! Pinky, it's up to you to avoid to be shy and give this cd to her or Nigel ! A ll the CP is behind you ! Go, Pinky, go !:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:o

i WILL NOT BE SHY!
i'm going to march RIGHT up to her and say: DANIELA THIS IS A CD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o hehe

moogle san
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:52 PM

:bounce: Go Pinky Go :bounce: :D

beauty_is_pink
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:53 PM

lol no!

paycheck
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM

Good one moogie, hahahah, good one :worship:

paycheck
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:03 PM
Shit!

I just posted on this thread, and I forgot to say thank you.

Thank you! :wavey:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:18 AM
hey Gang! :wavey:

heres a letter that i'm going to write out, i think it'll be more personal if i do, to give to Daniela with the CD... tell me whatcha think about it, and if you wanna add something jus post it up with the orginal copy, with your part in bold. should i put how we came up with the name 'The Cocktail Party'? :confused: so she'll understand..?

letter:

Hey Daniela!
I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to open this package. Do you know about a fan base called: The Cocktail Party? I think Nigel does, since that's what he told Graham when Graham met you at Eastbourne :)
The link to the Cocktail Party is: www.wtaworld.com

At this website there are forums for the tennis players like yourself. This is where the fans get to talk about their favourite tennis players! There is a forum called: 'The Cocktail Party', as you know already, under 'Rest of the World' and this is your forum. This is like a club for all your fans! We, at the Cocktail Party, decided to make you a CD of all the songs that reminded us of you! The songs are of various music genres, music groups, and music eras. We all hope you enjoy the CD :) We left you the lyrics to the songs so you can read them and understand why we chose the songs. Each and everyone of us at the Cocktail Party picked at least one song that reminded us of you, we also explained why we picked the song. Enjoy the CD! Hope you like it! Keep Striving for your Goals and NEVER give up! The Cocktail Party is proud of you and will ALWAYS support you no matter what! Keep an eye out for Volume 2 for the CD ;)

Hopefully, you'll be hearing a lot from us at the Cocktail Party in times to come! :)

*You should come by the Cocktail Party sometime and post something, even if it's just to say 'hi'. It sure would make our day! :)

whatcha think????

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:23 AM
hey Gang! :wavey:

heres a letter that i'm going to write out, i think it'll be more personal if i do, to give to Daniela with the CD... tell me whatcha think about it, and if you wanna add something jus post it up with the orginal copy, with your part in bold. should i put how we came up with the name 'The Cocktail Party'? :confused: so she'll understand..?

letter:

Hey Daniela!
I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to open this package. Do you know about a fan base called: The Cocktail Party? I think Nigel does, since that's what he told Graham when Graham met you at Eastbourne :)
The link to the Cocktail Party is: www.wtaworld.com

At this website there are forums for the tennis players like yourself. This is where the fans get to talk about their favourite tennis players! There is a forum called: 'The Cocktail Party', as you know already, under 'Rest of the World' and this is your forum. This is like a club for all your fans! We, at the Cocktail Party, decided to make you a CD of all the songs that reminded us of you! The songs are of various music genres, music groups, and music eras. We all hope you enjoy the CD :) We left you the lyrics to the songs so you can read them and understand why we chose the songs. Each and everyone of us at the Cocktail Party picked at least one song that reminded us of you, we also explained why we picked the song. Enjoy the CD! Hope you like it! Keep Striving for your Goals and NEVER give up! The Cocktail Party is proud of you and will ALWAYS support you no matter what! Keep an eye out for Volume 2 for the CD ;)

Hopefully, you'll be hearing a lot from us at the Cocktail Party in times to come! :)

*You should come by the Cocktail Party sometime and post something, even if it's just to say 'hi'. It sure would make our day! :)

whatcha think????

Very nice Pinky! :worship:

I especially like the last line. It certainly would make my day if she would come and post! :angel:

paulhc
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:12 AM
whatcha think????

Pinky, why not to write to her the very direct url adress of the CP: http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=110 , instead of giving her explanations about how to reach it ?

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Hey Daniela!
I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to open this package. Do you know about a fan base called: The Cocktail Party? I think Nigel does, since that's what he told Graham when he met you at Eastbourne :)
The link to the Cocktail Party is: http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=110

At this website there are forums for all tennis players. This is where the fans get to talk about their favourite tennis players! There is a forum called: 'The Cocktail Party', as you know already, under 'Rest of the World' and this is your forum. This is like a club for all your fans! We, at the Cocktail Party, decided to make you a CD of all the songs that reminded us of you! The songs are of various music genres, music groups, and music eras. We all hope you enjoy the CD :) We left you the lyrics to the songs so you can read them and understand why we chose the songs. Each and everyone of us at the Cocktail Party picked at least one song that reminded us of you, we also explained why we picked the song. We hope you enjoy the CD! Hope you like it! Keep striving for your goals and NEVER give up! The Cocktail Party is proud of you and will ALWAYS support you no matter what!

We'll be thinking of some more great songs that we think you'll like soon, so Volume 2 isn't too far away.

It would be lovely if you visited the Cocktail Party sometime and posted something, even if it's just to say 'hi'. It sure would make our day!

Thank you for being there for us and as long as you are there, we will be here for you.

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Hey Daniela!
I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to open this package. Do you know about a fan base called: The Cocktail Party? I think Nigel does, since that's what he told Graham when he met you at Eastbourne :)
The link to the Cocktail Party is: http://www.wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=110

At this website there are forums for all tennis players. This is where the fans get to talk about their favourite tennis players! There is a forum called: 'The Cocktail Party', as you know already, under 'Rest of the World' and this is your forum. This is like a club for all your fans! We, at the Cocktail Party, decided to make you a CD of all the songs that reminded us of you! The songs are of various music genres, music groups, and music eras. We all hope you enjoy the CD :) We left you the lyrics to the songs so you can read them and understand why we chose the songs. Each and everyone of us at the Cocktail Party picked at least one song that reminded us of you, we also explained why we picked the song. We hope you enjoy the CD! Hope you like it! Keep striving for your goals and NEVER give up! The Cocktail Party is proud of you and will ALWAYS support you no matter what!

We'll be thinking of some more great songs that we think you'll like soon, so Volume 2 isn't too far away.

It would be lovely if you visited the Cocktail Party sometime and posted something, even if it's just to say 'hi'. It sure would make our day!

Thank you for being there for us and as long as you are there, we will be here for you.

Are you sure you're not a writer Graham? ;)

Or better yet you're an English teacher! What is you're day job?

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Are you sure you're not a writer Graham? ;)

Or better yet you're an English teacher! What is you're day job?

Ha!Ha! No!! I work in Aircraft Operations at Heathrow Airport - I manage things like aircraft departure tracks, night-time flying, aircraft noise levels, aircraft approach profiles - that kind of stuff.

(No, Pinky, I'm not an Air Traffic Controller!) :rolleyes: ;) :devil:

But yes, I do like writing, probably because I think I do it quite well. :angel:

BTW - is there any chance you could enable your Private Message facility please (that's if you want to, I understand if you don't).

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Ha!Ha! No!! I work in Aircraft Operations at Heathrow Airport - I manage things like aircraft departure tracks, night-time flying, aircraft noise levels, aircraft approach profiles - that kind of stuff.

(No, Pinky, I'm not an Air Traffic Controller!) :rolleyes: ;) :devil:

But yes, I do like writing, probably because I think I do it quite well. :angel:

BTW - is there any chance you could enable your Private Message facility please (that's if you want to, I understand if you don't).

Okay Graham! I enabled my private message thing. :wavey:

paulhc
Jun 24th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Folks, this could be the back cover ;)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Hey Daniela!

Graham.. it doesnt flow if you dont put: 'this is a place where fans talk about their favourite tennis players' and then you go into: 'this is like a cllub for all your fans' ... it doesnt make sense.. after we put 'where fans atalk about their fave players...' shouldnt we mention the Cocktail Party then say: this is like a club for your fans...?
see.. i dont kno.. i aint an English teacher.. you decide this graham..

beauty_is_pink
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM
:worship::worship:

paycheck.. haha dont ya thnk graham should be an English teacher??!

graham.. now when i went to Paris i stoped at London... why werent you there carrying my baggages???!!!!!

mousee
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:10 PM
ooooh cp just for you :) great, but guys
CD without gram's speech is nothing
put it on...ist very powerfull http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/supersaiyan2mvegeta/dogpile.gif

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:19 PM

Once again Paul, absolutely superb, you are a superstar! :D

Pinky, I don't carry bags, I have minnions to do those kind of menial jobs! ;)

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:33 PM

Paul, you've already created a brilliant front cover, then you surprise us with this masterpiece! :hearts:

:worship: You are the best! :worship:

I'm sure everyone appreciates it and Daniela will love it!

paycheck
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:35 PM

What is 'minnions' Graham?

beauty_is_pink
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:37 PM

graham.. its not jus ANY baggages..
its MINE :D ;)

GrahamD
Jun 24th, 2003, 02:52 PM
What is 'minnions' Graham?

Sorry, that should be 'minions' - it's another word for a lowly kind of person that does demeaning jobs, such as carrying bags, pushing trolleys etc.

kysersoze
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:07 PM

wow, looks great. very profesional!

moogle san
Jun 24th, 2003, 03:58 PM

:bounce: :bounce: fabulous :worship:

birdinky , got your email. thank you sooo much for the effort :kiss:
I'm pretty sure dani will be http://www.edo-clan.de/wbb2-edo/images/steelblue/smilies/pleased.gif
Now you only have to make sure that you meet her at the tourney, I hope marat - you know, the ballboy... :devil: - can help you ;)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:40 AM
lol thanks moogie :wavey: :rolleyes:

okay.... so the cover and back pic are final??? this is it! you 100% sure u like both of them you guys???????? because paul is going to print it and mail me it ok???!!! here we go ;)

marquinho_85
Jun 25th, 2003, 03:47 AM
lol thanks moogie :wavey: :rolleyes:

okay.... so the cover and back pic are final??? this is it! you 100% sure u like both of them you guys???????? because paul is going to print it and mail me it ok???!!! here we go ;)

I haven't seen the back pic :confused:
but judging by the cover pic, i guess the back pic is really cool too ;)

beauty_is_pink
Jun 25th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I haven't seen the back pic :confused:
but judging by the cover pic, i guess the back pic is really cool too ;)

:rolleyes: oh marq... lol

jus go a few posts back.. or even a page back.. you'll see it.. paul posted it ;)

marquinho_85
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:05 PM
:bounce: woohoo i found it!!
excellent work paul :worship: :worship:

paulhc
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Well, after yesterday's horrible loss, I had the idea to add this in the cd case ( will she be in Toronto, anyway? Nobody knows, but let's act as if she will ).

It would be underneath the cd itself, in an all transparent case. So each time she'll remove the cd, she'll read what you see in the attachment.

The heart is placed just under the circle where you press to fix the cd, a little bigger than this "circle" ( heart = 4,6 cm, "circle" = 2,5 cm ).

Is it Ok for you ?

moogle san
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Well, after yesterday's horrible loss, I had the idea to add this in the cd case ( will she be in Toronto, anyway? Nobody knows, but let's act as if she will ).

It would be underneath the cd itself, in an all transparent case. So each time she'll remove the cd, she'll read what you see in the attachment.

The heart is placed just under the circle where you press to fix the cd, a little bigger than this "circle" ( heart = 4,6 cm, "circle" = 2,5 cm ).

Is it Ok for you ?

I dunno what to say... That's one of the best ideas I've ever heard :bounce: :bounce:

That was an 'Ok' by the way :angel: :D

GrahamD
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Maqnifique Paul, c'est tres magnifique.

:worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:46 PM

Is it Ok for you ?

paul..its beautiful! :sad:

Daniela will love it.

mousee
Jun 26th, 2003, 01:57 PM
tear in my eye again...
damn damn damn. this have to stop, i cant controll myself...hope this tearfullness will leave me when
ill heard 1. Dani wont play doubles, cause she decided to rest
or 2. when Dani will win her doubles match

paycheck
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:23 PM

Is it Ok for you ?

:worship: :worship: Brilliant Paul! Absolute genius! :worship: :worship:

chapel
Jun 26th, 2003, 03:30 PM
awwwww...... that's just sweet, man! she'll like it i'm sure. now let's all hope that she gets to see it. thanks paul.....really brilliant :wavey:

HantuchovaSweFan
Jun 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Yepp....A great idea!! :)