PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay "THE GRASS QUEEN" cheering thread!

LUXXXAS
Jun 10th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Go Lindsay! Take the title again!!!:bounce:

shirley
Jun 10th, 2003, 05:18 PM
http://www.stupid-boy.com/smilies/kao/cactus/panm.gifGood Luck Lindsay!http://66.227.101.70/kao/cactus/panh.gif

Nikki
Jun 10th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Go Lindsay & take your 2nd title:bounce:

Lindsayfan
Jun 10th, 2003, 09:12 PM
try to do ur best,and pls stop injuries! ;)

good Luck sweetie!!! :D :D :D

Jan
Jun 11th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Good luck Lindsay and now she is playing Eastbourne, should definitely help her quest at Wimbledon for a 2nd slam here.

GO GO GO LINDSAY

:bounce: :cool: :wavey: :worship:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:47 PM
With no Injuries WE ARE SURE OF A CHAMPIONSHIP FOR LINDSAY!!!!!!

GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!
NO MORE INJURIES, JUST YOUR BEST TENNIS!!!!

Nikki
Jun 12th, 2003, 08:20 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s16/smilies-8971.png

Nikki
Jun 12th, 2003, 08:21 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s16/smilies-8974.png

Jan
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM
GO GO GO LINDSAY TO THE TITLE
:bounce: :cool: :wavey: :worship:

RayRob
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Go Lindsay! :bounce:

-Rachel :angel:

Jan
Jun 16th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Good Luck Lindsay at Eastbourne - this week
and at Wimdledon - next week
:wavey: :worship:

LittleTennisFan
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Lindsay has been seeded 5 for this year's Wimbledon :)

Anyways, the same again Lindsay :-

http://lindsaydavenport.virtualave.net/images/frontcover.jpg

Lindsayfan
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:11 PM
good luck lindsay,forget eastbourne and look forward to wimby!! :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 19th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Just win Wimbledon PLSSS Lindsay!!!!! And you will make my YEAR!!!!!!!!

Come on Lindsay!!!!!! Pls play the way I know you!!!!!!

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!LINDSAY!!!!!

Nikki
Jun 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Please Lindsay win this:)

Jan
Jun 20th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Lindsay, make my year too and win here.

Sorry to bore you with the following message in each Forum - just want to explain why I will be missing for 2 weeks.

BTW I WILL BE AWAY FROM THE FORUMS FOR 2 WEEKS - I WILL BE HOME WATCHING WIMBLEDON AND AS MOST OF YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME - JUST AT WORK.

SO GO GO GO LINDSAY AND I SHALL MISS YOU ALL :(

RayRob
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:51 PM
LOL @ Jan ;)

hope you have a great time :bounce:

-Rachel :)

RayRob
Jun 20th, 2003, 01:55 PM
BTW - yes! Go Lindsay!

Unfortunately, because I'm going on the middle saturday I won't be seeing Lindsay play singles (maybe she plays doubles on that day - who knows?!)

I know someone who will be at Wimbledon the day Lindsay plays singles, so I have sent this person ahead of me to try and get me Lindsay's autograph - just in case I won't be able to on the saturday.......it doubles my chances.

And to remind her not to forget me I emailed her the following picture: (attached)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 20th, 2003, 05:39 PM
I wish I could attend Wimby too, jealous!!!!:)

Lindsayfan
Jun 21st, 2003, 09:41 PM
lol so funny Rachel! ;)

Maggie&MomoFan
Jun 22nd, 2003, 12:03 AM
Go Lnidsay!!! Play like we all know you can!

Lindsayfan
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:36 AM
yeah c'mon lindsay,beat'em! :)

Nikki
Jun 22nd, 2003, 07:37 PM
Good luck Lindsay in tomorrows match:)

RayRob
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:23 PM
GO LINDSAY!

If BBC don't show her match on Monday (second on court 1 - ie. show Clijsters instead) :fiery: then I will be forced to watch live scores because NTL Home Digital doesn't allow the viewer to choose a match of their choice like on SKY Digital :mad: :rolleyes: :sad:

Hope Lindsay does well as I will be there on saturday :bounce: can't wait as it my first time of going!!!!! YEAY! :bounce:

-Rachel :wavey:

LUXXXAS
Jun 23rd, 2003, 12:05 AM
GooD LucK Lindsay! I hope i will see your match!
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Miss Thang
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:37 AM
Miss Lindsay! Ok girlfriend it's time for you to take a deep breath, exhale and get your confidence back! I know Miss One that the competition is stiffer than pre-surgery but girl you've still got game and can beat all of these girls, any day, any time. Come on girl. You're 27, don't go out like that. I know you can do it! :kiss:

Nikki
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:53 AM
I'm so glad I have sky digital, then I can filter out Henman matches:)

Go Lindsay & win your 4th slam:)

Nikki
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:59 AM
GO LINDSAY!

If BBC don't show her match on Monday (second on court 1 - ie. show Clijsters instead) :fiery: then I will be forced to watch live scores because NTL Home Digital doesn't allow the viewer to choose a match of their choice like on SKY Digital :mad: :rolleyes: :sad:

Hope Lindsay does well as I will be there on saturday :bounce: can't wait as it my first time of going!!!!! YEAY! :bounce:

According to the BBC Rachel, you should be able to use the interactive service with NTL.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/wimbledon_2003/2982544.stm

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:40 AM
I know Nikki, I just seen it - I am now sooooo happy! It's just that last year, they said they were having BBC interactive - they did but not where you could choose matches, just updated results! That's why I didn't beleive it at first but it looks like I can see ALL of Lindsay's matches this year!

GO LINDSAY!

Viva
Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Goooo Lindsay! I have a feeling about this tournament!

Give 'em hell Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/boots.gif <--- I just like this little dudes feet. Hee hee! Look at 'em go!!

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/stareup.gif Dun mind me!

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:18 PM
I need to post in these threads more often :eek: :o

(5)Lindsay Davenport def. Samantha Stosur 7-6(3) 7-5 :D

A little closer than expected, but a great job :D And she won 9 good points in a row to end the match - what I saw was really good tennis from her ;)

Vamos Lindsay towards the title :D

Lindsayfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:59 PM
lindsay played really bad...i'm so frustrated.and adam looked so cold;i dont think this guy is the right coach for her.since he's with her,she made just 1 final (and lost it).
next round vs my contrywoman Rita Grande...hopefully lindsay wont struggle so much.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:28 PM
I saw Match stats, Samantha is serving huge. 117 the fastest and average of 109. GOSH!!! Lindsay is playing good to break those.

GO LINDSAY!!!!

LUXXXAS
Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:47 PM
Congrats Lindsay! But it was a nightmare to watch scoreboard:eek:

shirley
Jun 23rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
At least she was given a tough work out in the opening round.

Good Luck v Rita, Lindsay :bounce:

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:34 PM
Vale, that's a shame :sad: - I saw the last 3 games of the match and I couldn't figure out why she had been doing so poorly during the match. She picked up her game I guess in the last few parts of the match.

She needs a confidence boost and maybe toughing out such a difficult mental battle will be the right thing for her.

Good luck Lindsay :D

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:45 PM
Vale,

I saw the match and it's not like she did play badly. Lindsay went into that match not having heard of this person.......I never even heard of her either - so Lindsay would never have seen her play or known what to expect!

Then Storsur opened up the match with an Ace down the center line (usually a Lindsay Davenport trademark :fiery: ) that was like 117 MPH! :eek: I thought that was a fluke but most of her serves were between 110-117mph - and Lindsay's fastest serve is usually 109mph and that for her is rare. Lindsay usually averages 95mph but has great service placement!

Lindsay's serve was far better today than it has for a while and IMHO the only reason why Storsur gave Lindsay a run for her money was because her serve was HUGH! She is a great player and a name for the future. Besides, I think it is a great starting match for Lindsay!

I think you should be a little more positive Vale :)

Lindsayfan
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:59 PM
well Rachel,LIndsay moved so bad :eek: if the ball wasnt at 1 mt from her,she was going to lose the point.i think she isnt fit at all,and i'm so depressed cos i thought she was better :sad:

Mikey
Jun 23rd, 2003, 08:05 PM
Thanx Rachel for the insight :wavey: :D

It's OK Vale - we'll have to see what happens in her next match. :wavey:

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:24 PM
Vale, I think we'll have to agree to disagree because the points Lindsay was winning was when she got into a rally with Samantha. There was one point in particular at the end of the first set where Lindsay was on the defensive from the start, hit up a defensive lob - bang on the line - and won that point.

Lindsay raised her game at the crucial points and did enough to win. Let's remember that she has only played one singles match on grass since 2001!

To me, she showed that she will still fight even though she is down - I was impressed with her footwork on many ocassions; planting her feet and going for her shots!

GO LINDSAY!

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 09:26 PM
Thanx Rachel for the insight :wavey: :D

It's OK Vale - we'll have to see what happens in her next match. :wavey:

No problem Mikey :wavey:

:)Rachel

Miss Thang
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
Sometimes it's good to have a tough first round. Now tighten it up Miss Lindsay and cruise all the way to the quarters. :kiss:

RayRob
Jun 23rd, 2003, 10:43 PM
Lindsay Davenport - Day 1
Monday, June 23, 2003

Q. You got a cortisone shot last week. How are you feeling? What happened?>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, my foot right now for the most part is feeling pretty good. I haven't had a bad episode here yet. I think more than anything, you know, like whenever you're injured, it's just the preparation is a little bit altered. You know, in a perfect world, I'm not able to do everything that I would love to do ‑ and that sometimes I need to do. But with any injury, you just need to adapt and try and move forward from there.

Q. How limited would you say you are, then?>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm not limited in terms of moving around, I just have to be very careful of being on my feet too much.

It's a nerve problem, and so the more you irritate it, the ‑ obviously ‑ more painful it is. So I'm, you know, supposed to, you know, just, you know, save it for the court and save it for the practice and hope that it doesn't become inflamed here.

Q. Your husband wheel you around or...? >

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I was trying. I mean, it's tough. I mean, I went through this, obviously, being a lot more immobile last year with my knee. But what can you do? It's just one of those bad luck things.

Q. I know you can't do much about it, but were you concerned? You didn't have a lot of singles match play on grass.>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah. I mean, yeah, like I said, I would love to have this whole like last few months go a lot differently. But injuries are something that most players ‑ all players ‑ deal with throughout their career, and it's how you are able to get through them and stuff that helps you. But, you know, it's been frustrating. I have my great days and my bad days.

Q. I didn't see your match in Eastbourne, but was it...?>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, it was really tough circumstances. The weather was pretty bad there for a few days and really, really, really windy, which on your first match on grass makes it even more tough.

And, you know, I just wasn't real focused and didn't, you know, come in there with the right amount of intensity that I needed, and just kind of happened. But glad to get it out of my system.

Q. Was today a good day or a bad day?>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You know, it was just kind of a day I got through. I think that she served exceptional ‑ in the first set especially.

And, you know, it's tough on grass when you're trying to build some momentum and trying to get used to playing on it. In women's tennis we don't have that many big servers, like they do in men's tennis.

So I would rather have had a better match, hitting more groundstrokes, instead of like the one‑two rallies we were having. But I was able to get through, and you just keep looking for better days (smiling).

Q. You've seen a lot of changes on the WTA Tour. Our latest installment, Larry Scott, comes in: new marketing campaign, sort of drama with the ATP and Grand Slams. What do you think of everything that's going on right now?>

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm really happy with every position that so far we've taken this year. I don't think there was any great need to do anything radical in the beginning. You know, you almost like to see the new guy come in and kind of get a feel for everyone's opinions.

Lindsayfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 07:01 AM
heyyy Lindsay said that her foot still bothers her and that she needs a surgery,she hopes to postpone it after Us Open :sad:

why an other surgery?why life is so cruel to her? :sad:

Lindsayfan
Jun 24th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Lindsay plays tomorrow,second match on court n.1. good Luck sweetie! :kiss:

Nikki
Jun 24th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Go Lindsay win it:)

RayRob
Jun 24th, 2003, 10:10 PM
heyyy Lindsay said that her foot still bothers her and that she needs a surgery,she hopes to postpone it after Us Open :sad:

Where does it say that, Vale? :confused: I never read that anywhere.

vicki
Jun 25th, 2003, 06:23 AM

:eek: what???
oh no... :sad:

:(

GO LINDSAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Lindsay won 6:1 6:3 !!!!!
I did'nt see it, pls can someone tells me how she played??? It must be awesome!!!

Well Done Lindsay!!!!

RayRob
Jun 25th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Lindsay won 6:1 6:3 !!!!!
I did'nt see it, pls can someone tells me how she played??? It must be awesome!!!

Well Done Lindsay!!!!

Not being pickie but it was 6-3, 6-1 ;) LOL

A wonderful match! She showed that she is still a contender. You were right what you said in another thread - her serve 'A' game did come back in time for this match! She served 6 aces and zero double faultss which is amazing :eek:

Her forehand was a dream - hitting clean winners with it right, left and centre - her back hand is on it's way......not as many clear winners with that but still few errors. Her vollying was OK 9/17 or something like that but her vollying % is usually higher. She is getting there and I think that first match really put everything into perspective!

Can't wait for friday now.......and hopefully she will be playing doubles on saturday so I can see her play live (@ Wimby) :)

GO LINDSAY! :bounce:

LUXXXAS
Jun 25th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Congrats Lindsay!:bounce: Great match!Great statistics!:bounce::kiss:
:bounce:!!!KEEP GOING!!!:bounce:

shirley
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Great win for Lindsay :bounce:

But I'm not happy with the BBC coverage in regards to Lindsay. She's hardly been mentioned and I've not seen any interviews with her!

(Not only Lindsay but in the highlights show the women get like 5 minutes at the end of the show.) :mad:

And on the plus side Lindsay won't have to face Daniela in the Round 4 after she lost to Asagoe (what a match)

shirley
Jun 25th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Oh and Lindsay is 33/1 to win at the Bookies. The same as Maria Sharapova :eek:

Nikki
Jun 25th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Oh and Lindsay is 33/1 to win at the Bookies. The same as Maria Sharapova :eek:

She was 28/1 at the beginning. Oh well the bookies will lose out when Lindsay win it:)

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 25th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Lindsay's serve is back!!!!! Yahooooo!!!!!!!!
This is it Guys!!!! Lindsay is back!!! and she will win this tournament!!!!

I cant wait!!!!

GO LINDSAY!!!!

Mikey
Jun 25th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Vamos :bounce:

She had a tremendous serving today, almost all of them were going in. Her mental game was nothing new - while I wish she would be a LITTLE more positive, there's nothing different about it, so it clearly doesn't mean anything either way. She did get out of a little funk when she won the first set, which I was happy about.

Her groundstrokes were crisp and she did a good job when Grande was at net. She could've done a little more to get in to net today, but I think she was really good overall.

The only thing I noticed was that she was having a lot of trouble returning (well, not a lot, but for her it was more than usual). She missed a lot of break point chances because she didn't even get the ball back in play. That was my concern ;)

Great match though :D - Go Lindsay :D

vicki
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:57 AM
CONGRATS LINDSAY!!! :D
GREAT WIN!

read her interview, its great!
here (http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2003-06-25/200306251056561316045.html)

shirley
Jun 26th, 2003, 05:10 PM
I read on teletext that Lindsay was fully fit and now I'm reading she needs surgery :confused:

LUXXXAS
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Lindsay&Lisa won 1st round doubles match 6-2;6-3
:bounce:

LUXXXAS
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Lisa in action:)
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/netcam/large/13/010.jpg

LUXXXAS
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:11 PM
OMG images are changing:eek: sorry guys...

bh440
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:13 PM
what?

bh440
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Here are some more pics from the dubs match. I hope these attachments work. I suck at things like this. If they dont, i'll just email them to vale or someone and they'll put em up right, ok? ;) :) Anyways, like LUXXXAS already said, the Big D won her dubs match 6-2, 6-3. Looks like they were having fun out there. :)

LUXXXAS
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:17 PM
images are from webcam and changing...you will see tomorrow...

bh440
Jun 26th, 2003, 06:26 PM
do mine work?

Nikki
Jun 26th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Congrats Lindsay & Lisa:)

RayRob
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:56 PM
do mine work?

Yes they do :)

Great news is, I will be at Wimbledon on Saturday - and guess who will be playing doubles on that day......and guess who will be there to watch???? :kiss:

I will cheer on our Lindsay........hopefully get her autograph - can't wait to get there :bolt: Traveling down to London friday evening - coming back sunday afternoon. Will return with, hopefully, a good account of my day :bounce:

GO LINDSAY!!!!!! :wavey:

-Rachel

PS. Having said that, hope they don't put her on center or else I won't get chance - I only got court one tickets........that will get me on limited available seatings on other outside courts I hope :confused: May have to read the small print ;)

bh440
Jun 26th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Thats great, Rachel! Cant wait to hear about your day! GOOOOOO LINDSAY!

Lindsayfan
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:17 AM
good Luck Lindsay vs Cara!win this easily! :)

Nikki
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:32 AM
C'mon Lindsay:bounce:

vicki
Jun 27th, 2003, 03:49 PM
YESSS! SHE WON!!! 6-2 6-2!!!! :D

Congrats Lindsay!!!!!!!

http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609281.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609282.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609283.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609285.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609286.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609288.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609287.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609289.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609290.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2609375.jpg

Lindsayfan
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:40 PM
i saw her match and can say (finally) that she played really well,probably her best win since amelia island! c'mon lindsay,keep it going! :bounce:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 27th, 2003, 04:54 PM
yohoooo!!!!!! KEEP IT UP Lindsay!!!!

Lindsay into round of 16 vs Asagoe.

Come on Lindsay, continue to play your best tennis!!!!

shirley
Jun 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Great win for Lindsay. I was a bit nervous before this match because she was put on the 'Seeds Graveyard' and I remember Jennifer Capriati saying yesterday that it was a bit windy there. Luckily, all my fretting was for nothing and Lindsay won :bounce: :D

Good Luck v Shinobu

http://216.40.249.192/s/kao/otn/ptennis.gif

kazbeee
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:37 PM
I had court 2 tickets on Wednesday and saw her from afar on one of the balcony's from my seat on court 2 I can't believe she was on that court today I am gutted all I wanted to see was a Lindsay match - I live in hope for next year

LUXXXAS
Jun 27th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Congrats Lindsay great match!!!:bounce:
Thanks for the pics vicki:)

Lindsayfan
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Lindsay in press conference with her wedding ring!

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/DavenportPress062703.jpg

Mikey
Jun 27th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Lindsay :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Vamos Lindsay, amazing match today :D - Keep that up and we're going all the way :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck against Shinobu in your next match :D

I love that smile and the ring matches it nicely ;)

Nikki
Jun 27th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Fantastic win Lindsay, keep it going to the final:)

LUXXXAS
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Lindsay vs. Cara Black pics from www.yahoo.com
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20030627/mdf306810.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030627/capt.1056736052.britain_wimbledon_xwim190.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030627/capt.1056733768.britain_wimbledon_xwim193.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030627/capt.1056733759.britain_wimbledon_xwim191.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030627/capt.1056731639.britain_wimbledon_xwim189.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030627/capt.1056731565.britain_wimbledon_xwim192.jpg

LUXXXAS
Jun 28th, 2003, 12:23 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/DavenportSigns062403.jpg
from www.wtatour.com

jacs
Jun 28th, 2003, 03:11 AM
she's tying her hair back again :)

COME ON LINDSAY D!

shirley
Jun 28th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Always nice to see Lindsay smiling :D

kazbeee
Jun 28th, 2003, 11:33 PM
can you beleive she did the Autographing session when I wasn't there ....bloody typical !!!!!!!!

LUXXXAS
Jun 29th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Lindsay is playing 4-th round match against Asagoe ON COURT No.3 :eek::mad::rolleyes:

Lindsayfan
Jun 29th, 2003, 06:23 PM
so any tv will show her match :rolleyes: :fiery:

Good Luck Lindsay anyway! :)

LUXXXAS
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:10 PM
GooD LucK Lindsay! Play your best tennis babe!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mikey
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:38 PM
PFFF @ Court 3 :rolleyes: :fiery: :mad:

Oh well, I guess she'd rather have the smaller court anyway ;) - Hopefully we'll still get to see the match :)

Good luck Lindsay! Here's hoping you'll keep up the great play! :D

Allez :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nikki
Jun 29th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Go Lindsay:)

Robbie.
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:49 AM
You can do it Lindsay! :D

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 30th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Do your own way unnoticed Lindsay!!!!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! WIN WIMBLEDON!!!!
Let them have all the hype!!!!!

GO LINDSAY!!!!

vicki
Jun 30th, 2003, 12:58 PM
go Lindsay!

6-4, 4-1!:D

vicki
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:07 PM
6-4, 6-1!!!!!! Yesss!!!:D
Congrats Lindsay!!!:D

Nikki
Jun 30th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Congrats Lindsay:bounce:

RayRob
Jun 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Great win in singles today!

I saw Lindsay play doubles on saturday - I have some photo's. I am going to sort them out of the the Wimbledon coverage today so that you can see them. They moved her match from show court 18 to a nothing court 6 :fiery: I was soooooo annoyed!

Still got some great photo's but no autograph though :sad:

bye for now,

LUXXXAS
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Lindsay vs.Asagoe match from www.yahoo.com
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030630/capt.1056982641.britain_wimbledon_xwim139.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030630/capt.1056982577.britain_wimbledon_xwim140.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030630/capt.1056979454.britain_wimbledon_xwim129.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030630/capt.1056979441.britain_wimbledon_xwim127.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030630/capt.1056976858.britain_wimbledon_xwim105.jpg

LUXXXAS
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Lindsay&Lisa won doubles match against Dechy/Loit 6-3;6-4. Congrats girls:bounce::)

Nikki
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Congrats Lindsay & Lisa:bounce:

Nikki
Jun 30th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Good luck Lindsay against Venus:)

shirley
Jun 30th, 2003, 07:39 PM
Good Luck v Venus

RayRob
Jun 30th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Go Lindsay against Venus! The two All American 1/4 finals are worthy of being semi-finals! I hope the crowds at Wimbledon know how fortunate they are to see two great matches!

GO LINDSAY!

LUXXXAS
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:56 PM
GooD LucK Lindsay!
:bounce: :kiss: :bounce: :kiss: :bounce:

QUEENLINDSAY
Jul 1st, 2003, 03:36 AM
Come on Lindsay!!!! You can do it!!!!!
Believed it!!!! You can win this!!!!!
You used to do this before!!!!!

GO LINDSAY!!!

vicki
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:34 AM
GO LINDSAY!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_07_davenport01_ps.jpg

vicki
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:50 AM
GREAT interview:

Lindsay Davenport - Day 7
Monday, June 30, 2003

L. DAVENPORT/S. Asagoe

6‑4, 6‑1

Q. Nice, easy one coming up.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Venus has beaten me the last two times I've played here. I think the best grass court player, you know, right up there with Serena. Venus has had an extraordinary record here the last three years or so.

I'm happy to reach this round. This was my goal at the beginning of the tournament. I feel like after the first round, I've played really well. I've got to go out there tomorrow and be aggressive, you know, try and put some pressure on her, you know, try and serve well mainly.

You've got to be able to hold your serve with the Williams all the way through the match. It's tough to break them. I'm going to go out there and give it my best shot.

Q. One stage during all four of the matches today, you all were a break up.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Seems like we all walked in the locker room at the same time, too. Yeah, I think the top players are playing well right now, have moved through the last few rounds. We're ready to go. I mean, everyone was just sitting there waiting, ready to go on as soon as it dried. Everyone was real eager to get out there and get it in, in case it rained again, get down to business.

Q. Pam Shriver was talking about how the women have been sort of slighted in terms of court placement at this tournament. I know several of you were spread out on side courts. Do you feel at all that way? Could you talk about the notion that these matches so far have not been particularly competitive in this round?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I think Wimbledon does a very good job at honoring former champions and great players and putting them on show courts. Today is probably the best ticket in tennis of any Grand Slam, when you have all the men's and women's Round of 16s playing today. With the women coming back again tomorrow, we've always been spread out so all of us are first on.

If you'd ask any player, they'd rather be first on than third on Centre and have to wait around all day for the men. I couldn't have been happier to be able to be sitting here and be done. I could care less what court they put me on. We have a lot of players left in this draw. How you choose which matches for which court, it's pretty hard to do that.

I think they've done it fair, where we're all pretty much done and starting at the same time, getting ready again to come back tomorrow for the quarterfinals.

Q. A lot was made of the Russian women the last couple days. They had five in the Round of 16. Today Myskina blown out, Dementieva blown out, Venus took care of Vera. Do you think there's a bit of overhype going on and they have to step up?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It just shows the Americans are still on top of the Russians (smiling).

There's no question that they're great, young players coming up. What happens in a few years, who knows. I would say on this surface, the stronger ‑‑ seems like they all lost to American players today, the Americans have the upper hand on a quick surface, especially grass.

There are still a lot of good players coming up. You know, I would think they would think this is not their best surface.

They're very good, all of them, I think.

Q. Can you go back to Wimbledon 2000 against Venus. I think you had beaten her like seven out of nine before that. She beat you there. It was pretty much of a major turning point, at least statistically. She's beaten you the last five times. Remember that and talk about the last few years against her.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I think I'm one of the few players that probably played her 10 times before '99, and it seemed like we always played each other. That was a time when I think she was still developing as a player, still maturing, still trying to figure out her game plan. You know, I think if you look at her record from 2000, 2001 on, she probably has a pretty good record against most players.

It was, I did have the upper hand in the rivalry. With her getting better and her kind of breaking through and winning that first Grand Slam, I think it gave her all the confidence in the world to go on and beat every player, including myself.

But, you know, she does a lot of things very, very well. On grass, it's very hard to combat that sometimes, with the big serve and the big return. You know, I think it was only a matter of time before she kind of developed her game and won some Slams, especially on the grass.

Q. A couple easy matches the last few rounds for a lot of you. You get to the quarters, everyone is against each other. Is it going to be tough to go from one to the other?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I think we've played a lot of Grand Slams where it's happened before. I don't think it's the first time for any of the top players.

But, you know, especially for myself, playing I think the girls ‑‑ the fastest serve was like 85, 88. Going tomorrow against 110, 115 is going to be a bit of a shock. Great match‑ups tomorrow. I know a lot of people are looking forward to Jennifer and Serena, me playing Venus. Hopefully we're all ready to go. You want to get to this point, get the tournament going. So hopefully everybody is ready.

Q. How big is the gulf between this round and the quarters?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think the level will jump quite a bit tomorrow, the level of opponents. There's always those handful of floaters in the draw that can give you trouble. You know, sometimes you don't get those players. You know, it seems like the top players have gone through relatively unscathed so far.

Q. Some suggestion you and Venus were communicating a bit more these days.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Some suggestion?

Q. WTA issues, I don't know.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Some suggestion (laughter)?

Yeah, I think .

Q. You've become friends?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, for sure. I think just being around, you know, all the players over the years, everyone has grown up, including myself over the last couple years. Yeah, they're great. Venus and I are on the board together. We've discussed a lot of the issues that have faced our tour, you know, spent more time around each other lately, I guess.

Q. You said everyone's grown up a little bit. What do you mean?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I just think, you know, you're dealing with a lot of girls and women in a lot of different ages. A lot of them come up at 15, 16, some of them are 30 to 32. I think you just kind of get to know each other over a period of time. You know, I didn't mean so much like immaturity and brattiness.

But you just get to know people over time, see each other more and more. You know, you spend more time together, whether it's like Fed Cup or in locker room situations like here where only the seeds are in the women's locker room together.

I don't know, it just kind of evolves, I guess.

Q. They were known for obviously being off by themselves, somewhat of a mystery to the tour. Having gotten to know her, did something up‑end any perceptions that you had?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think they're great. I think they've kind of changed their philosophy a little bit. They're very friendly I think to most players. I don't want to speak for all of them. I think you'll still find that Serena is probably a little bit more outgoing, a little bit more of a jokester.

But Venus seems a little bit more cerebral, analytical about things. I've had to talk to them, a lot of the players, about, like I said, certain issues that face our tour. You know, everyone seems to be communicating very well about things lately.

Q. You talked about the fact that you both are on the board. Venus has suggested she may move out of tennis. Do you think there's a possible role for her as an ambassador of the game?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm sure. I don't know if she'd want to be an ambassador of tennis or ambassador of a different type of role. I'm sure ‑‑ I don't know her that well to say what her interests are, I'm sorry.

Q. Given that you two are ‑‑ I'm not going to say close ‑‑?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: We've never had dinner (laughter).

Q. Now that you're best friends... How do you keep up the intensity of the rivalry?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: You guys have blown it way out of proportion (laughter). Obviously, both of us want to win. We're not having dinner together. We're not calling each other on the phone. I mean, the intensity is there. If you were going to ask me about maybe Lisa Raymond or one of my best friends, it might be a little bit different.

No, this is Wimbledon quarterfinals. Going to just go out and play.

Q. Two other people's relationships with each other. When Venus and Serena were playing each other final after final, everybody was scrutinizing how one would react against each other. Justine and Kim are not sisters, but they've known each other a long time. Are there any kind of questions or because they're not related...

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't think that comes up. I don't think they're as close as everyone makes them out to be. I know they've known each other for a long time, I know they're both from Belgium. I don't think they're having dinner together, anything of that nature. I think a sister relationship is different than two players that have known each other since the Juniors.

Q. Which of the Russians do you think has the game that's most complete?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, it's tough to say "most complete" because they're still kind of evolving. I was watching Sharapova like many of you so far and think she has improved by far the last few months, looks to be a real player.

Whether she evolves into a complete net player? You know, it will be interesting when players have seen her play more, if they see patterns, figure out what breaks down if the match is so close, because she's so new on the tour. Kind of like what Dokic did here a few years ago.

For her, I think she's got a great serve. Some of the Russians don't, that have come up. Dementieva and Myskina are great players. That's the one thing if they could develop, they would do better. Petrova is pretty good. She's been fighting some injuries and still coming up.

But I would probably say Sharapova, she seems to have a good game, on top of that a good serve. That's kind of what you need these days.

Q. Tracy Austin was saying she sees a little of herself in you and Sharapova because of her relationship with Robert. Do you see that with the clean strokes?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think so. Robert Lansdorp has been talking to me about her for years and years. I haven't gotten to see her play a whole match. I'm sure we've done the same drills. She's done the same drills the last five years as I did from 9 to 14 or whatever. But there's no question, he's so technically sound on groundstrokes, very disciplined in how and where he wants us to hit the ball.

But, I mean, so far she's still growing. But she seems a bit more athletic than I was at 16. Already seems to have a better serve than what I possessed at 16. We'll see where she goes.

Q. Do you think the Russians could possibly be at the American level in four or five years?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: We'll see. I mean, some of them are the same age almost as Venus and Serena. I mean, people forget that. But they've got a lot of great players. But I think, you know, they just have to keep trying to develop certain aspects of their game. I think they'll do well.

I just don't know if all of them will be trading off Slams the way, you know, Venus, Jennifer, Serena were, myself for a few years. I don't know if that will happen.

Q. So many coaches out there. How does Robert make a difference? What does he do?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Robert Lansdorp is notorious for making you hit the same shot like a thousand times, until you get it absolutely perfect. You know, my lessons used to consist of 50 minutes of forehands and backhands, like four minutes of volleys and two minutes of serves (laughter). I'm sure that's kind of evolved over time. I'm sure he spends more time with everybody on that.

But he just wants to get everything down. So you would hit, like I said, 50 running forehands until you could hit the same target 10 times in a row, eight out of 10 times, whatever it is. He's very tough on you. Cracked a lot of girls, made a lot of girls cry.

Probably, you know, I heard Maria say he was the only one that can get her to work hard enough. That's certainly true. He definitely expects the most out of you.

You know, you just have to kind of roll with his sense of humor at times.

Q. His attitude and drills as opposed to the technique?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Both. Very technical. He'll stop and show you a thousand times how to do it right. It's both ‑ it's repetitive, technical and very precise. Doesn't let you get away with anything that he feels is just a little bit off.

Q. Using the Graf final here as a benchmark, where is your serve today?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I think it's getting better. I think so far here I served well. The last few matches, I don't think I've been getting broken. You know, against every player, you feel different pressures about serving. I used to feel when I played Steffi that you didn't have to hit it 110 to the backhand, you could get it in there and start the point that way. A lot of different pressure when you're playing Serena or Venus, just serving to their backhand because you know it's such a weapon for them.

I think my serve's, you know, just as good, if not better. I've got the placement and the power. I think it's about the certain returners you face and how you serve that particular day.

Q. In terms of American tennis, you have a perspective on it, how saddened or disappointed are you that Jennifer and Billie Jean have this very public rift going on that doesn't seem to be going anywhere? How bad is it for American tennis, if at all?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know. I wasn't at this Fed Cup. I know Jennifer has expressed not a huge desire to play Fed Cup again. I think right now it's kind of overlooked because there's so many other great players that can kind of pick up the slack. But, you know, if there are not a lot of other players, it would be more disappointing.

Billie runs a tight ship. She's been tough on all of us. I told her I could play this next Fed Cup, but couldn't be there till Tuesday night because my mom is having surgery. She told me to forget it.( :eek: ) I think she did the same to Serena. After playing 10 years, I'm not too happy either.

But love her or hate her, she sticks by her guns and you kind of just go with it.

Q. Did you want to play?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I wanted to play. I told her I could be there Wednesday practicing. I think this would have been my 11th year playing. My mom is having surgery on Monday. I obviously wanted to be home for that. She told me, "Don't bother coming." ( :eek: )

Q. So you actually see Jennifer's side of things?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I wasn't there, I didn't see that part. I mean, you just get to a point where, you know, okay, I really wanted to play. I think I've supported it better than anybody the last decade of tennis. I'm just a little disappointed that I wasn't, you know, given some sort of opportunity to play after I kind of feel like I've dedicated a lot of my career to supporting Fed Cup and the USTA.

vicki
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:16 AM
netcam pics:

http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630942.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630938.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630934.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630931.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630927.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630925.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630923.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630921.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630919.jpg
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2630917.jpg

Nikki
Jul 1st, 2003, 08:43 AM
C'mon Lindsay win today:)

LUXXXAS
Jul 1st, 2003, 03:23 PM
Lindsay lost.......
I can't understand why and what she did in third set....Great play in second and totally unbelievable awful in the third.....:sad:....:sad:.....:sad:.....

shirley
Jul 1st, 2003, 05:51 PM
I'm gutted :sad:

Lindsayfan
Jul 1st, 2003, 06:04 PM
what happened in third?i didnt watch the match at all.neway at least she took 1 set off venus..i'm not sure others will be able to do it.

RayRob
Jul 1st, 2003, 07:06 PM
I think she played some of her best tennis - especially in the second. :sad: Yes, she lost but let's not forget that she did play great! I was impressed anyway :p

In the third, Venus just upped the pace a little. Lindsay was serving at 1-2 and it was a looooooong drawn out match, Lindsay saved a couple of break points while it went to deuce about 3 or 4 times. It was one of those key, crucial games in a set (:sad: one that kind of desides the outcome I guess) Venus broke - then took advantage of the rest of the set.

A great match.

However - Lindsay did come out of the match with some suggestion of retirement. I saw the special BBC interview and there were a few questions about that where Lindsay said it had been running through her mind. When asked if this was her last Wimbledon she couldn't say for sure a definate yes, but then she didn't say no either. Her is the transcript of her press conference (done before the BBC interview):

Davenport - Day 8
Tuesday, July 1, 2003

LINDSAY DAVENPORT

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please, for Lindsay Davenport.

Q. One bad service game seemed to turn that whole thing around in the third set. How do you explain it just going off like that?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, I don't think it really went off. I mean, was fighting, you know, hard for a long time, I mean, and just didn't seem to make as high a percentage of first serves in the third set as I was earlier.

I had my chances the first two times she served in the third, a couple 30-all games. And, you know, got to step ahead early in the third and wasn't able to do that. Would have been nice to have been up an early break.

Then got broken a game that I was kind of up in a little bit. And, you know, it just turned there. I mean, I had the momentum and just kind of gave it back to her early in the third.

Q. Is she playing with enough confidence and back to her level when she won here that she could beat her sister if she faces her?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: As far as her confidence, I don't know. I mean, she could probably tell you better than I could.

But, you know, I thought she was hitting the ball well. I mean, I don't think she played like that in Paris - there's no way.

And I think she likes the grass; it shortens the points for her. Because I think on the clay, a lot of girls were just getting too many balls back for her. It's tough to do that on the grass because her shots are very penetrating.

Q. There were a couple points where you guys were just whacking the ball back and forth. You've done that forever, but it's only been the last few years that other people have done that with you, especially on grass. What's that like?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I mean, you know, even the first service game, I think I made something like nine out of ten first serves and still got broken. I don't think that would happen against a lot of players.

But, yeah, I mean, you know, I was trying to keep the points short and trying to go for shots, whether they were winners or errors. I felt the longer the points would go, it would probably benefit her more than me because she could run down a lot more balls.

And, you know, we got into a few long rallies, and it's hard to do that on the grass because it's tough to control the balls.

But, yeah, couple years ago, I mean, not too many girls could handle the pace, and it seems the Williams actually probably like it more when there's pace.

Q. You got really super aggressive in that second set. Did you, at the changeover chair, just decide, "I'm down a set, let's go. Let's get a little riskier here. Let's go for more"?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: A little better. The funny thing was, though, I thought I was aggressive in the first and just a couple games I missed just a couple balls long, but not very far. Hit the tape a few times.

So I actually felt that even though it was 6-2, I still felt like my shots were there, just missing by a little bit. I kind of pulled them in a little bit.

In the beginning of the second, fought off a few close games. And, you know, they started to fall in all of a sudden.

Again, just lost the momentum too early in the third I thought.

Q. How much of a guessing game is it when you're back there serving, trying to decide, "Okay," you're in the ad court, for example, "Do I slide this one in the corner, come down the middle?" How much of a guessing game is that with her?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: A little bit. I was trying to mix it up all the time and not go to the same place a lot for her, try and throw her off that way and not give her a lot of rhythm.

So it worked well. I was trying to go in the body a little bit and trying to play the forehand a little bit more on ground stroke rallies.

But she has a phenomenal return. Like I said, there's not many girls that if I'm serving well and placing them well - which I actually thought I did for the first two sets - that they can hit winners off the first serve or get into an offensive position off my first serve.

Q. There was a point there, 3-1, 30-15, you hit a backhand cross court that you just smoked. She got it back. Does she ever surprise you, when you play her, the balls she gets back still or at this point no longer?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Not at the baseline. A few times at the net, I think her reach is where you really see it. And it looked like she was at the service line, going down, she would just reach for balls that I thought were pretty good passes.

You know, I think girls more and more are running down balls from the baseline, but I think her reach, especially on some return of serves and when she's at the net, her wingspan is very -- helps her cover a lot of the court.

Q. You've played her a lot. Do you sense a particular hunger in her now?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I wasn't really trying to focus on her much. I thought earlier in the tournament she seemed, you know, really focused. People were expecting a tough match with Petrova, and she kind of took care of that easily. I'm sure that she feels like she wants to turn her season around here, but I don't really know. I wasn't watching her too much.

Q. You got to the quarters, which is what you said you were hoping for. Where do you feel you're at now?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I thought it was -- I thought I played well for about the first two sets. And, you know, that's the way it goes. I mean, she was definitely better than I was today.

And I don't know. I mean, I'll see how the summer goes, how my foot holds up, and just kind of take it kind of tournament by tournament now.

Q. How was it feeling out there today?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It was good. I mean, my foot hasn't flared up yet. The Cortisone seemed to help. I think it's just, as the doctor says, a matter of time before that wears off and then go to step two.

Q. Did Billie Jean call you or contact you yesterday?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: She hasn't called me in a long time (laughing).

Q. They told us she was going to.

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: A number of months, so no.

Q. What do you think that's all about?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I don't know. I mean, I have no idea. I mean, I'm sure she wants to say something, but...

You know, I originally had talked to her when she sent out an e-mail asking if I wanted to play. I said, "Oh, my mom's having knee surgery, I'm not sure." And I never heard back from her.

It was here when Lisa Raymond told me, "Oh, I think I'm on the team."

I said, "Oh, that's weird. She never got back to me."

So then I wrote her back and said, "Well, you know, I can be there but..."

And I got an e-mail saying "Don't worry about it," so...

As far as talking to her, no, I haven't talked to her probably since - I don't know - long, long time. Six months, five months, I don't know.

Q. That was the last time you guys had a conversation?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I don't remember it. I'm sure it's been a while.

Q. Monica has had a tough run here. She's on the team and she hasn't played really much at all. Is that a source of discomfort for you?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, it's not really discomfort. I mean, the team of I think it's Venus, Monica, Shaughnessy and Raymond, you know, Billie wants you there Sunday or Monday, so that's obviously her choice to go with.

You know, I think I was more disappointed in the amount of years I've put into Fed Cup and how many ties I've put in and how many times I've asked for special favors, which is about zero, and one that I think is pretty understandable.

You know, I'm obviously not going to miss being with my mom when she needs some support. So I'll think about it harder the next time.

Q. Just looking at this thing from Billie Jean's point of view, not that I necessarily agree with it, but to look at it from her point of view, she lays down the law to JenniferCapriati and now, admittedly, every explanation is different, every request for an excuse is different. But is it difficult for her to make an exception for one or two players when she's already set a standard for another player?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: That's fine. She has given people permission to show up late before, and so that's kind of where I was going. I didn't ask to have my coach on the court, I didn't ask to not practice with the team. I asked to come later, and I've been part of teams where other members have come later, even later than being at practice Wednesday morning.

That was all, I thought.

Q. After what's happened, are you more or less inclined to play in the future?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Probably less. I mean, I don't see myself going out there and extending my season and possibly my surgery in November.

You know, it just -- it's just a weird feeling. I just feel kind of over it now. Just I had a lot of good memories. And from what I've been told, you don't have to play Fed Cup to play the Olympics. So there's, you know, concentrate on other things now.

Q. Speaking with your head instead of your heart, is there another Grand Slam in you?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Time's running out. I don't know how many more I'll be playing in to know that.

Q. Do you think that you kind of maybe hit the wall a little bit the last few games and you didn't have quite the preparation you wanted with Eastbourne cut short and everything? Do you think maybe somehow that was as much as you had today and you couldn't give the last little bit?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It was. Once it was 4-1, it just seemed to go so fast again. And I really wanted to get up early in the third, like I had in the second.

I don't think it has anything to do with, you know, the last few weeks or months or whatever.

You know, I felt like at least I played good, solid, aggressive tennis. I didn't just get balls in and didn't put up a fight.

So, you know, I felt like I was playing really bad when I got here, and at least I can leave saying, "Oh, I was able to turn it around and play good tennis," and hopefully that carries over through the doubles and then through the summer.

Q. Just to make sure, you plan on being back here next year?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: We'll see. I'm not sure.

Q. What are you thinking?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Well, we don't know. We'll see...

Q. You must be thinking something?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, no, it definitely ran through my mind when I was out there, that that could be my last singles match out there.

But, you know, I don't want to blow it out of proportion. Absolutely no decision by far has been made. So just kind of play it going through the seasons and the Grand Slams now.

Q. We'll see you at Flushing Meadow, though?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, I hope to. I mean, the only way I wouldn't be is if I had to do the surgery before. I'm definitely going to finish the year out, especially with playing the US Open, and I also have doubles, which we're trying to make the Masters. I made a commitment to that.

So, yeah, I'm gonna definitely try and finish the year barring a foot surgery.

Q. Was it strange having that thought running through your head?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Now you're going too much into it. It's definitely -- the thoughts have been in my mind, especially which I need another surgery. It just wears on you after a while. I'm 27. I want to feel like I can keep getting better, and I want to feel like I'm one of the top players. I don't want to be, you know, 6 or whatever the ranking is, through 20. That's just where my heart is.

So, you know, I was really happy I was able to turn it around here and play better, and that gives me some hope for the future.

Q. What's the recovery and rehabilitation time for the surgery? Is it a couple of months?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: It's anywhere from four to eight weeks, so probably, you know, six to eight weeks before I'm playing again in a singles tournament, from what I've been told. So off my foot for about three to four weeks and a couple weeks trying to get back, ready for it.

Q. Is it a like a neuroma?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: Yeah, it is, exactly.

Q. By having the surgery, would that mean you'd want to come back and play tennis? If you weren't going to play tennis, would you not have the surgery?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No, I have to have it or else I'll never be able to walk again once it comes back. I mean, I can walk, but it's really painful, surprisingly.

I swear, I just kind of go by how it's gonna go. I don't know. There's absolutely no plans made.

I think when Steffi came in here that year, she was absolutely adamant that this was it, and she was quitting soon after. I don't know, and that's different from where I've been in the past where I've been concentrated.

It's not saying that, "Oh, it's over." It's just saying that I'm not sure anymore.

Q. When is your surgery?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm hoping to wait until after the Masters in November. You know, I can get Cortisone injected another maybe two times, the doctor said. The first time could work a few months, it could work a few weeks on the hard courts.

Q. You might return then in Indian Wells?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: I'm hoping, if all goes well, and I do it like November 5th or whenever the Masters end, I mean, there is a chance I could play Australia because that's just about eight weeks away, nine weeks away - if that's going well and everything goes according to schedule.

:sad: I hope she at least plays one more year, next year so that she can play the Olympics!

GO LINDSAY!

BTW: let's not blow it out of perportion though - she hasn't said for definate that she will retire the end of this year.

LUXXXAS
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:04 AM
OMG :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Lindsayfan
Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:23 AM
this interview is full of contradictions..before she says it can be her last match,then she says she wants to play LA Championships,then she says she'll be ready for Australia..i think she's just confused and maybe she was just too much disappointed for an other loss.neway she didnt take a final decision yet,i hope she'll play also in 2004.

Nikki
Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
She was saying it could be her last singles match at wimbledon. She wants to see the year out & then decide after she has surgery if she is going to carry on.

RayRob
Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:23 AM
All is not lost: Lindsay is playing her Quarter Final doubles match with Lisa Raymond at 12pm (UK time) on court two.

Go Lindsay/Lisa!

gossipcom
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:12 PM
They showed the post-match press conference on tv here in Australia before - the way she said it was one of those wait and see things - so hopefully she gets a second breath of fresh air just for another season *sigh*

Btw, the doubles match has started - Lindsay & Lisa took the first set 6/0 but the rain has started so that kind of has stopped the match yet again :)

I'm saving the caps off the webcam <g>

vicki
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:28 PM
Go Lindsay&lisa!!!! :D

i saved the webcam pics too!;)

gossipcom
Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:36 PM
some of the ones of Lindsay and Lisa sitting are a classic - the look on Lindsay's face especially in this one:

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/001.jpg

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/012.jpg

Adore this shot.

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/013.jpg

vicki
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:13 PM
:D
http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2648398.jpg

vicki
Jul 2nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
yesterday's stats:

http://kep.tar.hu/kissviki/images/pic2648527.jpg

gossipcom
Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:39 PM
Lindsay and Lisa are the first pair through to the doubles semi finals *woohoo*

6/0 6/2 :)

so do you think Lindsay's obsessed with her shoelaces?

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/000.jpg

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/0062.jpg

http://www.gossipcom.com/davenport/0122.jpg

RayRob
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:20 PM
LOL gossipcom - not obsessed, just superstitious! ;) I guess they kinda mean the same :o

A great win! Lindsay/Lisa either meet Kusnesova/Navaratilova or Clijsters/Sugiyama - the match so far is suspended due to rain!

Lindsayfan
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:24 PM
well done girls! :D try to get this title at least! ;)

KV
Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:36 PM
Well I pick Lindsay/Lisa to win the Wimbly doubles crown.

RayRob
Jul 2nd, 2003, 06:14 PM
Well I pick Lindsay/Lisa to win the Wimbly doubles crown.

They have a great chance! Kuz/Nav and Kim/Ai are still playing there doubles match (because of rain delay) so by the time Lindsay/Lisa's next doubles match comes, they will be well rested - especially if they end up playing Ai/Kim as Kim could well be exhausted through playing singles as well :o

Go Lindsay/Lisa :bounce:

-Rachel :woohoo: -love this smilie

Nikki
Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:09 PM
Great win today, they played well & deserved to be in the semis:)

vicki
Jul 3rd, 2003, 05:18 AM
Congrats Girls!!! :D

vicki
Jul 3rd, 2003, 07:06 AM
Davenport Upholds the Law

Wednesday, July 2, 2003

It is one of the ancient laws of grass court tennis - all things being equal, the doubles team that gets to the net first will always beat the team at the baseline.

Americans Lindsay Davenport and Lisa Raymond, the fourth seeds in the Ladies' Doubles, were schooled in the traditional arts of playing doubles: strong, well-placed first serves, a quick move to the net, and lots and lots of volleys.

Their opponents today, the seventh-seeded pair of Janette Husarova and Conchita Martinez, prefer the modern European method - come to the net by all means, but the baseline can be a haven too, and throw up plenty of lobs and passes.

The clash between the old and the new on No.2 Court resulted in an emphatic win for the old ways. Davenport and Raymond thrashed Husarova and Martinez 6-0, 6-2 to win their quarter-final easily.

The Slovakian-Spanish duo tried to be creative, offering topspin lobs and clever dinks, but the Americans are too experienced a combination to be bamboozled by such tactics. They broke in the second game of the first set and never looked back, although the scoreline flattered them a little - Husarova and Martinez had chances to win several of the games.

Written by Darrin Farrant

LUXXXAS
Jul 3rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Congrats girls and good luck in the semifinal!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

gossipcom
Jul 3rd, 2003, 11:26 PM
They'll play the winner of the qtr final that has to be finished today - they're 3rd up on Court 2.

That being said Lisa's playing a mixed doubles match as well today - so let's hope that's played after the Women's Doubles SF.

I want them to win a GS title this year dammit!

RayRob
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:20 AM
They'll play the winner of the qtr final that has to be finished today - they're 3rd up on Court 2.

That being said Lisa's playing a mixed doubles match as well today - so let's hope that's played after the Women's Doubles SF.

I want them to win a GS title this year dammit!

gossipcom, Lisa's Mixed doubles match has yet to be confirmed but the womens doubles match is confirmed to go ahead 3rd on court 2 - so Lisa's doubles match with Lindsay will definately be played first (of her two matches today).

Who thay play has yet to be desided - that is 1st on court 2, whiich means whoever wins that match will only have the length of the mixed doubles match (that follows the Nav/Kuz vs. Ai/Kim) to recover before playing again.

Lindsay will be well rested, so hopefully they can get through to the final - I'm tipping them to go all they way!

Go Lindsay/Lisa! :bounce:

PS. I know Lindsay won the womens doubles here in 1999, but has Lisa ever won Womens doubles? Am I correct in saying that it is the only GS title that Raymond/Stubbs never won :confused:

RayRob
Jul 4th, 2003, 10:21 AM
^Correction, Raymond/Stubbs won in 2001!

RayRob
Jul 4th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Lindsay/Lisa will play Kim/Ai at around 3pm on court 2 (it follows a mixed doubles match which starts around 1.30pm).

Kim and Ai have had a good warm-up in the final few games of that match that they finished today and Kim will be hungry to avenge for her singles defeat yesturday. However, Lindsay and Lisa will be well rested having had the last couple of days off. This is a great chance for Lindsay and Lisa - hope they do well!

:bounce:

gossipcom
Jul 4th, 2003, 01:25 PM
They have to make sure they have a good start against Kim and Ai.

Plus it's revenge time since Indian Wells - the last time they played each other Lindsay and Lisa won - so a lot will be riding on this match :)

gossipcom
Jul 4th, 2003, 03:28 PM
SF's about to start and gee is this pic a surprise? ;)

http://www.wimbledon.org/images/netcam/large/2/017.jpg

gossipcom
Jul 4th, 2003, 04:47 PM
L&L lost in the SF to Ai & Kim. 1/6 6/0 4/6.

I can only hope it wasn't the last time we've seen Lindsay @ Wimbledon :(