PDA

View Full Version : told ya the finals would be pathetic..

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Pff people, now it's time to admit..

It wasn't that high quality match.. And according to some member, they were hitting like two juniors out there.. And I'm sure last year's finals was better, even because of scores.. The first set had a real drama, while in this year's Justine completely was lucky to play a not-in-form Kim.. 6-0 6-4 :p

Well.. after all there's nothing I can do but say : congrats Justine.. I hope your mom saw what you did for her :)

But wait until you play Serena again :p

Mercury Rising
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:24 PM
The pathetic ones are you and your consorts. :wavey:

CONGRATS JUJU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AjdeNate!
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Pathetic? Nope. Justine was in-form and took complete control never giving Kim a chance. As far as juniors... C'mon you can't even think you're serious with that comparison.

A new Grand Slam Champion being crowned is NEVER pathetic.

ToeTag
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Justin was great....Kim seemed to have Mauresmo..i..tis

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:32 PM
It wasn't me.. It was another member who said that.. What? And you think you're serious with that comparsion either? Of course a new Grand Slam winner is being born, but it wasn't as exciting as some people thought..

BrianII
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Nice of you becool, using understatement to describe what was truly a pathetic match...but sorry I can't join you...... .for a year now I've been listening to complaints about Williams /Williams finals only to subjected to this All Belgium crap ( and they're not even related ,like distant cousins or something) , the only all willaims final that could be this bad would be Serena vs Oracene and even that might be more competitive . Dear god if you promise to deliver me from having to view anymore crappy Belgian finals I promise to improve my second serve ....well maybe I'm being to harsh and it was actually rigged .Prince Albert ordered Kim to lose or somethong LOL!!!!

Jericho
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:34 PM
boring boring, i truly wanted to see an exciting match...oh well now the haters have to find another excuse to dislike the williams finals...

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Pro-Belgian fans are totally missing the point.

This is what Williams fans have been having to listen to for the past year.....so, just be happy whoever you wanted was in the final.

Because this stuff is gonna happen regardless.

raquel
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I think that the final was disappointing, however I don't think too many non-Williams fans will be thinking that they wished now that an all Williams final had taken place. Just because the final was shorter this year than last year does not mean last years was better or more dramatic. Last years final was worse to watch, but the all Williams finals have got progressively better so maybe any future Belgian final will be better. The Williams fans will complain about the standard of the final and how boring it was without one of the sisters, but at the end of the day, the Williams were not good enough to get to the final this year.

tennischick
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:55 PM
tennis is rarely as exciting and drama-filled as when Serena is present...:p

venusfan
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:56 PM
BORING... I had no interest in the match and the ratings will show. The match needed a Williams. Thank god this Clay season is over and the sisters can go along domination Wimbledon and the US Open.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Congrats Justine :D Not the most exciting match...but at least YOU made it to the final...not like some other player ;)

Playa
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Pathetic, simply pathetic
that's the most boring match i' ve ever seen for ages !!!!

Boring!

Lisbeth
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Wasn't an all time great but wasn't "pathetic" by any means. Justine played very well indeed - Kim didn't, but she's not the first or last person to be overcome in a slam final (no names mentioned). Whoever said it was like juniors hasn't watched much juniors, frankly. Depends on what style you like and if you love Justine's you'd enjoy the match. A new champ! How exciting!

Primula
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:17 PM
OMG bunch of losers! Those two girls deserved to be in the final! Okay, it was not a high quality match, but wait and see! They will be back!!! And Serena has to watch her steps, cause Kim is on her way to the number one position!!

xin_hui
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:18 PM
the worst part of the finals wasnt actually watching the finals...it was seeing kimmy close to tears after the match. it was the 1st time i ever saw her eyes all red after a match.
and seeing lleyton there, shell shocked and expressionless...it hurts

Joseosu19
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Yeah, it was a pretty boring final, but both Justine and Kim made it there, therefore boring or not, the final had the 2 best players in the tournament.

Nemesis
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Pathetic final of both???

Justine played GREAT. Kim was disappointing.

The final missed some tension, but at least I like the outcome. If Kimmie would've won the second, Justine would've mentally collapsed, I think.

anyway: great work JuJu :kiss: The ones that said that Kim would beat Justine's liar ass seem to be very far away! And if the say Justine played like a junior, they are the biggest liars of them all. At least Justine didn't say anything that wasn't true ;)

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Congratulations Justine you really did play well today.

Whoever they said they were juniors playing ... no way justine played some of her best tennis and that blew kim away.

Kim and Justine matches are usually good but the scoreline is as it is because one was playing nervous so there wasn't many competitive points.

Hopefully if they play again it will be more entertaining but i think they have to play a few more lame finals before we can judge them against the williams sister finals. ;)

Nefateri
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Not really better in comparison to the williams finals despite what
some said when the williams play. I think it's an OK Belgian finals
and a so and so french open finals.

sartrista7
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:54 PM
RG 2002 final - Serena, playing like crap, beats Venus, playing like crap.

RG 2003 final - Justine, playing amazingly, beats Kim, playing like crap.

At least there was one player making the shots this year. (LOL, and the only thing I minded about the Williams finals is the fact that Venus didn't win any of them.)

Diya
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Ok Mr/Ms. Nostradamus since you are sooooo good at predicting , can you tell us when will you finally get ya self a brain that can actually think ? :rolleyes:

great smash
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:59 PM
I already said wrote this in your other thread as well.

You may have been quite right in your predicition, but what was it based on.

I'd rather base my prediction on a the match they played in the final of a claycourt tournament 4 weeks ago, rather than out of dissapointment with the loss of my favourite :rolleyes:

Mr. Man
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:58 PM
I was very dissapointed with Kim. It was a very boring match, I went back to sleep. Or did I fall asleep? (:p)

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Ber..... get over it
Justine played great and WON :bounce:

SJW
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:02 PM
so, objectively, which was a worse match?

i didnt watch it, i was out, and judging by the score, im glad ;)

BigTennisFan
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Congrats Justine :D Not the most exciting match...but at least YOU made it to the final...not like some other player ;)

Actually not like 126 other players ;)

lizchris
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Face it, this was a pathetic final because (1) The number two player in the world was blanked and (2) we were promised a competitve match.

Jeff
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I woke up at 6am to watch the final...could hardly stay awake. :o

great smash
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Actually not like 126 other players ;)

But at least most of those 126 are not as (over)confident about reaching it ;)

Amanda
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:18 PM
raquel--and only one Belgian could add her name to the elite list of grandslam winners. Why are some people so intent on putting down someone else?

raquel
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:41 PM
raquel--and only one Belgian could add her name to the elite list of grandslam winners. Why are some people so intent on putting down someone else?
Hi Amanda, sorry I don't know what you are trying to say here :confused:

1jackson2001
Jun 8th, 2003, 12:55 AM
i really hoped for a more competitve match than this...looks like justine has really turned the tables on kim

BigTennisFan
Jun 8th, 2003, 01:12 AM
But at least most of those 126 are not as (over)confident about reaching it ;)

Which is probably why most of them never get too deep in any tourney. They don't believe they can. :o

Greenout
Jun 8th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Look- this wasn't any worse than Lindsay vs
Hingis USO 1998. Just seeing somebody else
rather than the usual suspects was refreshing.

Alot of the articles written, BBC New York Times,
Washington Post are positive ones. Really, everyone
enjoys seeing different people win.

SerialKiller#69
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Okay then, I'm hoping another pathetic final in Wimbledon. ;)

DiZZiA
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Double the pain for you Serena's fans....... must be cussing Justine to lose in the final, in fact she produced the best and won the title!!!

SUFFER!! SUFFER!! :devil: :p

TM
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:33 AM
that final was worse than an ALLWILLIAMSfinal!!!

Congrats Justine you truly deserve it!!! :bounce: :) (fabricator!....hehe...j/p) ;)

jrm
Jun 8th, 2003, 06:50 AM
if we are talking pathetic - Kim's appearance in the final

THE NET
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Yeah, it was. :rolleyes:
But, such that thing could happen. I have no complaints!! :o