PDA

View Full Version : RG-03, exciting women's final!

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Your thoughts.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:08 PM
oh yeah 6 0 real exciting stuff! Those bagels are high drama and great tennis!

selesfan
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:13 PM
I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be an exciting match but I thought it was very boring :sad:

Schalckske
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:15 PM
i agree this isn't the best match ever, i also agree that it's a poor match, not exciting at all, but you can't say justine didn't play well in the first ... IMO justine played a very very good first set

ex hopman
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:16 PM
it was bad... boring
lots of UEs...
but, congrats to Justine.

Informative
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:17 PM
This final is...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... .

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:17 PM
The embrace at the end was nice.
I feel sorry for Kim and strangely for Lleyton!

All in all, a big hand for Justine!

I just finished chewing paper.

ToeTag
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:33 PM
It was still better than anything the Williams usually have to offer!! :rolleyes:

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Isn't a change the crowd was well behaved today! I wonder why! Those of you who are behaviorists, can you explain?

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Ok, you don't have to be a behaviorist, just give your take.

carot
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:40 PM
For me it was a very exciting final but of course i'm a Justine fan. First set was high level play of Justine but she was of course dominating and i can imagine if you're no Justine fan that this isn't what you were hoping for. Second set was a tad more exciting but the level dropped a bit so yeah... For someone who isn't a fan, this wasn't a very interesting final.

Diya
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:41 PM
My take :
1)The Belgian girls are HUMBLE and MODEST about their achievements .

2)They don't go around telling everyone that "NO ONE CAN BEAT US WHEN I AM PLAYING AT MY BEST " .

3)Neither of them have an annoying dad .

4). They know its ONLY a tennis match and life goes on even after you lose a few here and there .

In short, they are AFFABLE individuals who DON'T THINK they are "God's GIFT " to mankind .

Freewoman33
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:51 PM
5) One of them is a cheater.

Jericho
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Diya, you better hurry up because your running out of excuses!!!

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM
boring boring final with two of the most boring players on the top 10.. in terms of personalities..
but justine won, and it seems Serena was more of a competition for her than her fellow and more in form on clay...

and last years final was much much better

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:53 PM
OMG, Diya, you do have an opinion!
Just to be sure, were you somewhat referring to the Williams sisters?

Diya
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Me ? No way :angel:

Cariaoke
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:58 PM
ooh that bagel turned me on! :drool: :rolleyes:

I am so glad I woke up at 6-0 4-3 because I woulda been so pissed having to watch the whole thing. Sleep was indeed better than this final. *yawn* Anyway, I can't wait for the highly competitive Wimbledon final and don't you know why? ;) :D

"Topaz"
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Me ? No way :angel:LOL

Also, LOL @ Cariosity

BigTennisFan
Jun 7th, 2003, 07:55 PM
My take :
1)The Belgian girls are HUMBLE and MODEST about their achievements .

2)They don't go around telling everyone that "NO ONE CAN BEAT US WHEN I AM PLAYING AT MY BEST " .

3)Neither of them have an annoying dad .

4). They know its ONLY a tennis match and life goes on even after you lose a few here and there .

In short, they are AFFABLE individuals who DON'T THINK they are "God's GIFT " to mankind .

3a. One has a dad that she doesn't speak to.

Dava
Jun 7th, 2003, 07:56 PM
No, if this match is exciting then, the Aus Open final 2002 could give people heart attacks.

Lien
Jun 7th, 2003, 09:30 PM
3a. One has a dad that she doesn't speak to.

I never understood that. Today they showed on TV an interview with her father saying how proud he was of her although she doesn't speak with him anymore for about two years. Her brother has a daughter, but she hasn't even went to her niece to see her. Her grandparents were also sad because she didn't invited anyone of the family henin to the wedding.
I am proud of Justine that she won that trophy, but I find it sad that she doesn't want to speak to anyone of her family :sad: . But I have not the right to say that actually, it is her family and her life, still I find it very sad.

Lien
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:21 PM
About the final, I thought it was going to be much more exciting.

Rocketta
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Whew glad I didn't waste a tape on this match! I'm just happy everyone got what they wanted an exciting non-Williams final. :devil:

great smash
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:24 PM
5) One of them is a cheater.

Because Serena says so? :rolleyes:
Have you ever bothered checking with Diaz or Henin about the incident?

I think that would be called a fair trial

Freewoman33
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:27 PM
No, because I saw it on tape.

great smash
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:30 PM
No, because I saw it on tape.

If only you'd be so fair as to acknowledge watching the tape isn't enough to judge what happened, and certainly not what Henin and the umpire exactly said.

TennisHack
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:09 PM
My thoughts on the final.

It had the potential to be so much more. I thought Kim was the underdog going into it, since Justine has been the best player on clay this year and has the better game for clay, but I thought she had a chance. Obviously she thought otherwise and as a Kim fan, I of course was quite disappointed that my girl didn't win.

However, all credit to Justine for coming out quick and aggressively. She has improved so much in the past year and is living up to her ranking in every sense of the word. :) She played like she wanted to win, and she did.

I can only speculate as to why Kim choked today; I suspect it was nerves, especially considering she lost the Berlin final to Justine. She never really got into the match, kept rushing her serve and completely lost her forehand. My heart broke when she played an entire point with her backhand only and still lost it :sad: Obviously this wasn't her time. I can only hope that she doesn't take it too badly and can bounce back.

I don't think the #1 ranking was on her mind or anything like that. I don't think she was overplayed because of singles and doubles, considering her doubles matches go almost as quickly as her singles. I think she was just too nervous to be in the position she was in. Justine's big win over Serena probably didn't help matters in her mind, either. And let's face it: clay is not her best surface and she hasn't been playing her best in this tournament, but big ups to her for making the final with less than her "A" game.