PDA

View Full Version : Belgians, is the women's final the predominant story right now?

Kiswana
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:40 AM
I was curious about the reaction in your country regarding the Clijsters-Henin-Hardenne final. Is everyone talking about it? Are TV and radio outlets dissecting the final incessantly? Have Appelmans and Van Roost been summoned for quotes? Are people planning viewing parties or meeting at pubs to watch it?

Congratulations to you! I hope one day before I die, Canada will have a Grand Slam singles champion.

stijntje
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:11 AM
of course is it the hot news the last two days...

my residence at the moment is Leuven, known for its university... so here are a lot of students... normally we have to study, but we will all be watching the final in some kind of pub this afternoon...

-Fienesse-
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:26 AM
The country is going crazy...there are flags on the houses, extra nexspapers, reports, everybody talks about it...Really nice. I'm so excited :-)

Lleyki
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Is everyone talking about it? Are TV and radio outlets dissecting the final incessantly? Have Appelmans and Van Roost been summoned for quotes? Are people planning viewing parties or meeting at pubs to watch it?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes ;) :bounce: :worship:

Stijn :wavey: I'm from Leuven too :eek: ;)

Hagar
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Just to give you one example: the national soccer team plays a very important match today (qualification for the European Championship depends on it). Normally, soccer is THE sport here.
Well, the soccer is banned to page 48 or something of the newspapers.

Wimanna
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Normally, soccer is THE sport here.
Well, the soccer is banned to page 48 or something of the newspapers.

hehehehe, soccer :rolleyes:

Every newsflash has something to do with Kim and Justine...everybody talks about it...Belgium is really proud of them. At 2.30pm a program starts, something like a warm up for the final. Van Roost and Appelmans will give their point of vue about the Belgian Story :) Don't want to miss that :)