PDA

View Full Version : I have been praying for this Roland Garros final, yet...

Berlin_Calling
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:48 AM
it's won't be how I wanted it to be.

I love Justine but I think it is so unfortunate how this Roland Garros is turning out for her. Yea, she is in the finals, what better than that besides winning, but what bothers me is that a lot of people think that Justine doesn't deserve her spot in the final. Yea, I will admit that I'm kinda dissapointed in Justine that she didn't tell the umpire that she put her hand up. And I kno that the crowd was a real bitch to Serena, and I actually felt sorry for her, but I think that it is bull that when I talked to a few Serena fans, they said that Serena would have won the match automatically if Justine hadn't "cheated."
I am just dissapointed because Roland Garros means so much to Justine, and I think it would have been soo perfect if Justine would have made it through the finals without all this controversy. Even if Justine wins against Kim tomorrow, there will be those who won't congratulate Justine because they dont think she deserves this title, and thats really disturbing to me.
Yea, Justine probably made a mistake and who knows, she might have even had the intention of cheating, and even if she did, I can't hate her. Everyone makes mistakes and winning Roland Garros has always been a dream for Justine, to dedicate her win to her passed mother. But frankly, I dont think that Justine had any intention to "cheat." She was just caught up in the moment, trying to win one of the biggest matches in her career and I truly believe that she wouldn't cheat Serena out of a first serve because if it was me, I couldn't dedicate the win to my mother when I had the guilt inside me of cheating.
I dont believe that credit should be taken away from Justine's win over Serena because people claim that that 4-2 30-0 point was the turning point, or the crowd affected Serena. But the sad thing is that credit has been taken away and this Roland Garros won't be all happy memories for Justine.

Keith
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Don't beat yourself up over it. Justine did not cheat. The controversy is there, but it's best to just forget about it because I am sure that the players have.

anabel
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:58 AM
I wonder how many bad calls Serena (and other players) saw in other surfaces and didnt say anything...

Welldone Justine again, but lose the final :p

ns_Henin
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Yea, I will admit that I'm kinda dissapointed in Justine that she didn't tell the umpire that she put her hand up.

Me too. Im a big fans of her but i think she didnt deserve the Final spot. I prefer she wins a match fairly. But If she wins the Final, i will congratulate her.

shap_half
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:03 AM
what I don't think is fair is the finger pointing: we don't know what the player's intentions were, until we do I take the match as it came out.

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:28 AM
It's obvious that she asked to wait, and when the umpire asked her, she acted like "hmm.. no im not going to answer.. maybe is my chance now to break her serve.." I don't blame her..

Maybe her will to win is so big, that she can actually do things like that to win it, and it's not that first time that she does.. but whatever.. And people still say that nothing happened, when it's right in front of them.. (aka Jenny/Belgian fans and etc..)

IMO, any GS would be fine for Juju.. Not only RG.. But of course, then she would fake a faint, and then suddenly wake up all relaxed.. and win the match.. No one is taking credits from Justine.. if they are, one important person is not, that is Serena. You should read her interview, she's only saying that Justine played better and etc etc etc.. But IMO, the crowd and that moment affected Serena's head.. but hell I'm tired of arguing this..

That's it... I'm not that interested on this year's final anyway... Let the umpire win :rolleyes:

shap_half
Jun 7th, 2003, 07:25 AM
It's obvious that she asked to wait, and when the umpire asked her, she acted like "hmm.. no im not going to answer.. maybe is my chance now to break her serve.." I don't blame her..

Maybe her will to win is so big, that she can actually do things like that to win it, and it's not that first time that she does.. but whatever.. And people still say that nothing happened, when it's right in front of them.. (aka Jenny/Belgian fans and etc..)

IMO, any GS would be fine for Juju.. Not only RG.. But of course, then she would fake a faint, and then suddenly wake up all relaxed.. and win the match.. No one is taking credits from Justine.. if they are, one important person is not, that is Serena. You should read her interview, she's only saying that Justine played better and etc etc etc.. But IMO, the crowd and that moment affected Serena's head.. but hell I'm tired of arguing this..

That's it... I'm not that interested on this year's final anyway... Let the umpire win :rolleyes:

i think this is one of those things that cannot be taken at face value though.

i mean is it not possible that serena did see her put her hand up and hit the serve anyway just to scare justine?

or that serena didn't see justine's hand up until she's already hit the ball into the net?

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 07:44 AM
i think this is one of those things that cannot be taken at face value though.

i mean is it not possible that serena did see her put her hand up and hit the serve anyway just to scare justine?

or that serena didn't see justine's hand up until she's already hit the ball into the net?

no, when serena tossed up the ball, and she was hitting, there was already some people hissing and doing some noise to bother her serve, but she was just trying to you know, forget the crowd, and go on with the match but it seemed that Justine wasn't comfortable to she put her hand up quickly, while Serena was hitting her serve, and she saw Justine with her hand up, and then she asked the umpire if it was a 1st serve or 2nd serve, and then he asked Justine, and she didn't answer, so he assumed that her serve went on the net, resulting in a 2nd serve...

I believe it was already a tense moment for Serena in the match.. Everything she did, it was a reason for boos and everything.. So I guess she didn't try to screw more her situation.. But it was very obvious that Justine put her hand up.. so it's immediately a 1st serve. It doesn't matter if her intentions.. She did it while Serena was hitting her serve.. I guess you can notice the other player on the other side, and I also think that Serena thought the umpire was more aware on the match.. She thought he knew Justine put her hand up.. but he didn't notice, and Justine didn't answer, so it was a 2nd serve, and like I said, Serena didn't feel like complaining about that..

theultimateone
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:33 AM
It's clear to me that Henin is a SEASONED LIAR. Even during her interview she says that Serena played a great match, played beautiful tennis. Now, is this a LIAR or what. There was time when Henin was my third favorite player, but I've written her off completely. Players who will lie, cheat and steal at all costs, are not the kind I will ever support. Her game is one of the most beautiful that I have witnessed. However, her character has destroyed that beauty.

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM
I think we should blame the umpire for this one cos if he wasn't so blind and would have saw the hand being raised this controversy would not exist. remember the umpire was george diaz who always seems to be at the source of controversy. you could have argued that hewitt should have given the point to roddick in that us open 2001 and henman could have given the point to ferreira in the wimbledon 2002. and guess what both umpired by george diaz. the fact is players like to keep quiet in moments like these cos it is usually at crucial moments in the match.

It's clear to me that Henin is a SEASONED LIAR. Even during her interview she says that Serena played a great match, played beautiful tennis. Now, is this a LIAR or what.

i think henin was just tried to be nice she knew serena was upset. how many times have people said that someones hair or clothes looks nice just to seem friendly even though they are secretly lying

theultimateone
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Heninrules,
Sorry, but your response doesn't hold water. Was Henin being nice during this same interview when she said Serena has had her chances to win, now it's time for someone else to have a chance? Henin didn't give a damn how Serena was feeling. And I'm not saying she should give a damn. But don't try to make her out to be this sensitive creature. Henin is a cold-blooded individual. The girl is small in stature, but she is hard-hearted and calculating.

Bella
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:39 PM
M Pierce14: Remember—the umpire never asked her.

Your reality is not Justine's. She may be just fine. She saw what she saw and she believes what she believes. She said Serena saw her hand. To her, that means Serena served anyway and tried to get another serve. She has people around her who support her and believe in her.

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Heninrules,
Sorry, but your response doesn't hold water. Was Henin being nice during this same interview when she said Serena has had her chances to win, now it's time for someone else to have a chance? Henin didn't give a damn how Serena was feeling. And I'm not saying she should give a damn. But don't try to make her out to be this sensitive creature. Henin is a cold-blooded individual. The girl is small in stature, but she is hard-hearted and calculating.

Fair point but serena did have her chances to win like when she was 4-2 up. But i'm just saying we're not in the position to judge her personality. She might seem hard hearted and calculating in the interviews but she could be very different in real life as she might not like giving interviews so she might seem cold hearted. i mean take hewitt as an example. he can seem rude in his interviews but i'm sure he is nice in real life especially when you listen to kim talk about him.

Mercury Rising
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Lol at all this nonsense. If Justine wins it she will have deserved it 100%. I just saw the match again, and she played amazing tennis, strange that not one Williamsfan has said anything about that. They just keep on whining over one fucking point, not even a point just a serve lmao. All I care about is that two Belgians are in the final, and that will be remembered.
:wavey:

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Lol at all this nonsense. If Justine wins it she will have deserved it 100%. I just saw the match again, and she played amazing tennis, strange that not one Williamsfan has said anything about that. They just keep on whining over one fucking point, not even a point just a serve lmao. All I care about is that two Belgians are in the final, and that will be remembered.
:wavey:

yeah she did but its not just williams fans nor is it just tennis where something so small can cause so much controversy. for example in football (or soccer to you americans) a tackle that should have been a foul which leads to a fantastic goal. guess what is most talked about the foul or the goal. Football fans (including myself) go on for days about how the goal shouldn't be a goal because of the foul. I guess thats just the nature of sport.

Mercury Rising
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah, and only the result will last :D hehe

tenn_ace
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:10 PM
it's like AO 2003 when Serena was given 7 min of injury time out break (instead 3)...

I don't remember her asking a chair umpire to give a warning for delay of game...