PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon is soon upon us... but for Brits, only one question is on their lips.

JoeyWinson3.0
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Will John McEnroe finally get throughly pissed off with Sue Barker dropping in "you cannot be serious" into a conversation/summary/preview, by getting up and ranting..

"SUE, EVERY BLOODY YEAR I COME ON THE BBC, DESPITE THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THE AMERICAN NETWORKS PAY ME TO COMMENTATE/SUMMARISE FOR THEM, AND EACH YEAR YOU DROP THAT PHRASE IN, EVERY PISSING YEAR. AND YOU CONTINUE TO ASK ME MY OPINION ON TIM HENMAN! IT'S LIKE A F**KING BROKEN RECORD SUE, A F**KING BROKEN CLIFF RICHARD SODDING RECORD IF CLIFF WOULD EVER RELEASE A DOUBLE "A" SIDE RECORD "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS/WHAT DO YOU THINK OF TIM HENMAN'S CHANCES". I MEAN WHO DO THE BBC THINK THEY SODDING ARE, THEY HAVE PISSED ME OFF FOR LONG ENOUGH, THAT BLOODY QUIZ SHOW "THE CHAIR" WAS BAD ENOUGH. LOOK AT ME? AM I SERIOUS NOW? AM I F**KING SERIOUS NOW? IT'S NOT GONNA BE CHALK FLYING UP SUE, IT'S GONNA BE THIS CENTREPIECE ENGRAVED BBC COFFEE TABLE FLYING UP."

He then kicks said centrepiece engraved glass BBC Wimbledon centrepiece coffee table in air shattering it, leaving Sue Barker shocked and left with only one option... to link to John Inverdale with Kournikova Korner... of course Invers is in usual rugby shirt attire.

Could happen.

Hazy
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Lol!

LeonHart
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:04 AM
haha..i'd love to see that ;)

TennisHack
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:04 AM
LMAO! But he wouldn't use the word "sodding" :D

CondiLicious
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Nah... The best way for him to hit back at Sue would be for him to say "It's amazing how you always manage to put your fake tan on without it getting clogged in your wrinkle folds".

JoeyWinson3.0
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:07 AM
then Sue would laugh for ages, then go "ahhhh" when someone is talking (she does it on Question of Sport a lot)

Martian Willow
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:13 AM
This is completely irrelevant, but did anyone else see Roger Black (is that his name?) saying 'sorry about that, that wasn't very good' when he was introducing the Eastbourne coverage? He was right, too. And he had a microphone that looked like a horrible wart thingy.

Colin B
Jun 22nd, 2003, 03:26 AM
......and then Chrissie, Billie Jean, Martina, Pam and John Lloyd would all shake their heads and say,
"tut, tut; that would never have happened in our day would it Sue? No, we knew how to......etc, etc"

paul_masterton
Jun 22nd, 2003, 08:34 PM
then chrissie would make some catty remark about john which insinuates that he has a small penis.

wongqks
Jun 22nd, 2003, 09:38 PM
go Sue, I really like her, she is one of few better commentators

Pdm1987
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:16 PM
Yes, I like Sue as well :)

In response to Willow, I think that Roger Black thought they had gone off air, and was unaware that we could still hear him, LOL :D

Halardfan
Jun 22nd, 2003, 10:40 PM
In this Post-Halard universe I find John Mcenroe's stuff the absolute best thing about Wimbledon...he can make the dreadriest match between two players I don't give a stuff about, interesting. :)

In the old days I despised the Wimbledon coverage...usually all Id get to see of Julie was three second clip on the highlights show, if I was lucky. I usually wasn't.

Somebody shut John Lloyd up!

Heck, shut them all up, and leave Mcenroe to present the whole thing. :)

Colin B
Jun 22nd, 2003, 11:17 PM
then chrissie would make some catty remark about john which insinuates that he has a small penis.
.....to which Sue, Billie-Jean, Pam and JohnnyMac (but not Martina ;) ) would all nod in agreement!