PDA

View Full Version : OMG, was Serena vs. Justine the first ever tennis match you have watched or what ???

GoDominique
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I can't believe how much shit is still posted here about that ridiculous handraising "incident". :rolleyes:
"Justine's dark side" - LMAO what a nonsense. Some of you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

So Justine (maybe) did something which you could call unfair - OMG how f*cking terrible, Justine should burn in hell forever !!! :rolleyes:

Some of you seem to have only watched about 3 matches in your whole life. Have you ever been to a tournament ? Watch the matches, and you will see WORSE THINGS happening ALL THE TIME, like circling wrong marks, bathroom breaks at ridiculous times, faking injuries etc. And it's MUCH WORSE at lower events like satellites or youth tournaments where there are no umpires at all and players do their calls themselves. The incidents happening there are probably beyond your imagination. If you visited the challenger forum for once you could read about things like that. Not that you care for something like that anyway.

Obviously most people here don't even play tennis themselves. If they did, they would know that sometimes in the heat of a battle you do stupid things just to piss your opponent off - sorry but that's just the truth. Is it good - no. Does it happen - yes, frequently all around the world.

And you act like Justine has committed murder, because of one stupid first serve that Serena missed anyway. Oh my god. We can just be happy that players like McEnroe and Connors are male and retired, otherwise some of you would already have died because of hatred and anger towards them. :rolleyes:

~ The Leopard ~
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:48 PM
lol, you cynic. ;)

Becool
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:51 PM
*yawns* always trying to look sane.. :rolleyes:

i heart backhand
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Ahh, inappropriate bathroom breaks. The memories the 02 Aussie Final brings. ;)

Someone (sorry, I forget the name) said it perfectly in a thread he or she created. It was stated that if Serena saw Justine raise her hand, why did she continue? Why not simply catch the ball and wait? Serena, however, continued to play and that my friends is the tragedy of this match. People are so quick to assume Justine of a wrongdoing, when it was Serena who hit the ball anyway.

I will, however, retract my comments if and only if Serena hit the ball with the thought of being allowed to reserve looming in the back of your mind.

starr
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:59 PM
And let us not forget the times that both Serena and Venus have drilled their opponents in doubles just because they could.

Or somebody who yells extra loud and hard when hitting a soft second serve to fake the opponent into thinking that the serve is coming hard.

How about the disputed call between Evert and Navratilova on match point?

God, there are so many of these. And as Serena herself said -- It made NO difference in the outcome of the match -- I have to say if it made no difference why is Serena sobbing about it in front of television cameras? What is the big deal. The way you deal with an opponent who shafts you like that is to make them eat the next serve and the next one after that.

But Serena could feel her body getting tired. And when your body starts to tire, players sometimes get testy and tense and anxious and I think that's what happened to Serena because she knew she was up against an opponent who could take advantage of any weakness.

cynicole
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:06 AM
lol, you cynic. ;)

Hey, I'm the cynical one!

cynicole
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:10 AM
We can just be happy that players like McEnroe and Connors are male and retired, otherwise some of you would already have died because of hatred and anger towards them. :rolleyes:

I miss Connors and McEnroe!

At least people cared when they played.

Maybe this is just my bad attitude but if I was playing against an opponent who refuses to acknowledge that I ever beat her I really wouldn't feel any motivation to go out of my way to make their time any easier over a very ambiguous matter.

Me bad. :devil:

Ryan
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:17 AM
GoDom, please put your rep, back on so I can give you positive rep. :D Best statement about the controversy.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:22 AM
I dont care who plays better and who won this match. I just happen to see again how liar,faker Justin is.She did it desperately vs Lindsay at AO to get her first win over LD.

YES!!!! she won those match but not the respect. I hope KIM spanks her ass off the court.

Tarsius
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:35 AM
God, there are so many of these. And as Serena herself said -- It made NO difference in the outcome of the match -- I have to say if it made no difference why is Serena sobbing about it in front of television cameras? What is the big deal.
I would like to know the answer to this myself. Serena won that point first serve or not.

Did that rattle her that hard even if she DID win the point? She acknowledges that it had no bearing on the match but then takes the time to comment on Henin's character... her personality over something that she herself believes doesn't matter along with some sob story about how life has been tough.

You want a tough life? Come here to the third world. This is just too Hollywood for me.

Hagar
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:52 AM
I thought both Serena and Justine were absolutely sporty during this match. Only the crowd was unsporty at the end, but hey, it's a Grand Slam semi and the French are opiniated.
With all this nagging we almost forget what a terrific match it was.

Mercury Rising
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:59 AM
GoDom, please put your rep, back on so I can give you positive rep. :D Best statement about the controversy.
Yeah, I wanted to do the same, geat post GoDom!!!

katrientje
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=QUEENLINDSAY]I dont care who plays better and who won this match. I just happen to see again how liar,faker Justin is.She did it desperately vs Lindsay at AO to get her first win over LD.
[QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? That was a great win with good fighting and great tennis from both players. Nothing the slightest strange thing happened that day... And if you're talking about the incident in the previous meeting, the girls were over it, so why aren't you?

Great post indeed Godomi. Those were my thoughts too, but I couldn't express it so nicely like you did :)

Kart
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM
I can't believe how much shit is still posted here about that ridiculous handraising "incident". :rolleyes:
"Justine's dark side" - LMAO what a nonsense. Some of you don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

So Justine (maybe) did something which you could call unfair - OMG how f*cking terrible, Justine should burn in hell forever !!! :rolleyes:

Some of you seem to have only watched about 3 matches in your whole life. Have you ever been to a tournament ? Watch the matches, and you will see WORSE THINGS happening ALL THE TIME, like circling wrong marks, bathroom breaks at ridiculous times, faking injuries etc. And it's MUCH WORSE at lower events like satellites or youth tournaments where there are no umpires at all and players do their calls themselves. The incidents happening there are probably beyond your imagination. If you visited the challenger forum for once you could read about things like that. Not that you care for something like that anyway.

Obviously most people here don't even play tennis themselves. If they did, they would know that sometimes in the heat of a battle you do stupid things just to piss your opponent off - sorry but that's just the truth. Is it good - no. Does it happen - yes, frequently all around the world.

And you act like Justine has committed murder, because of one stupid first serve that Serena missed anyway. Oh my god. We can just be happy that players like McEnroe and Connors are male and retired, otherwise some of you would already have died because of hatred and anger towards them. :rolleyes:

This kind of thing may happen all the time but that doesn't make it right.

If people find Justine's behaviour unsavoury and want to talk about it I don't see why they can't.

This is not a satellite event, this is the French open semi final. Justine is getting no more abuse than any one else in a similar situation on such a big stage - eg. Hingis French open final, Venus Indian Wells semi final.

GoDominique
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:53 PM
If people find Justine's behaviour unsavoury and want to talk about it I don't see why they can't.

Not in the way they do it. Tons of threads with hundreds of posts about THIS ? It was just NOTHING. They need to put things into perspective.

Justine is getting no more abuse than any one else in a similar situation on such a big stage - eg. Hingis French open final, Venus Indian Wells semi final.

I don't think you can compare these events. This was one f*cking serve without relevance. BTW, I think Martina got way too much criticism as well.

Kristofke and Ryan16: I have the reputation thing turned off because I'm not a fan of it. Thanks anyway. ;)