PDA

View Full Version : open letter to serenajwilliams

hollywood7172
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:40 PM
listen sweety:

i admit i HATE serena for ending capriati's cinderella story with a bang, no pun intended. honey your girl has beaten my girl in WAAAY to many matches and i wasn't a happy trouper

BUT

i really feel for serena right now. the loss was obviously heartbreaking, and the crowds, racist or not, were simply classless and rude. poor serena. she handles it much better than i would have. i know you aren't up in cloud 9 about this, but hear me out:

serena is a strong chick ( as if we didn't know) she'll bounce back from this faster than you can say "catsuit" and be even stronger (yikes!) and she IS the holder of 5 GS, 4 straight. she is one of the best players. EVER. and she has so much money she could buy ALL the clothes and cars and houses she wants. i seriously think she'll get thru this with flying colors, and continue to have a better life than all of us. she has a great family that loves her (her dad DOES love her), and she is SOSOSOSO talented. why get upset over a few french people cheering against her?

and you, my friend, are my fav serena fan. you have made me like serena more than i'd like to admit(you've done the opposite of most of all the other serena fans!!!!!). dont feel bad serenajwilliams--even if the real serena never wins another slam, she'll have left a mark, intractable, on the tennis world. and she'll win many more.

have a nice day sweetiepie!

vs1
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Nicely put Hollywood! :) ...but I thought I was your favourite Serena fan! :sad: ;)

I agree with your points. This was a sad moment in tennis with the crowd being so rude, but Serena is strong. That is one of the attributes that make her such a champ. She'll regain and her will and desire to overcome and rise above will show.

Again, I am amazed with the girls on the tour. They are all generally young. And they are mature for their years and their positions as public figures. It's not easy. That's why I admire them all. :)

hollywood7172
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:53 PM
but vs1, i love you too, you are my co-favorite serena fan. your refreshing attitude and wit and humor makes my day.

i am NOT a serena fan and i feel for her--doesn't that say something? what's more, i'm a capriati fan (yikes) the worst catfights on this board come from capriati fans VS serena fans. but i guess now it'll be williams fans vs belgium fans eh? no matter, as long as we all act mature and with a smile.

Cariaoke
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Very nice post hollywood. :)

You have to be strong to be under so much scrutiny every day of your life at such a young age. Serena was 17 and a grand slam champion... she's been around FOREVER it seems as well as the other teen terrors back from '98. She cracked a little yesterday because she didn't expect such hostility from the crowd playing against a Belgian since there was virtually none against a Frenchwoman. It shook her up.

When things like this happen, it only makes Venus and Serena even more determined to win. They always seem to bounce back from tough losses and iron out where they went wrong. I'm looking forward to wimby! I'm already replaying the tapes from last year. :)

vs1
Jun 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM
but vs1, i love you too, you are my co-favorite serena fan. your refreshing attitude and wit and humor makes my day.

i am NOT a serena fan and i feel for her--doesn't that say something? what's more, i'm a capriati fan (yikes) the worst catfights on this board come from capriati fans VS serena fans. but i guess now it'll be williams fans vs belgium fans eh? no matter, as long as we all act mature and with a smile.

Ahhh...Hollywood, you made my day! :worship:

I didn't think that Serena fans were so bothered by Jenn in general. Serena seems to have respect for Jenn and I think her messages rub off on her fans (well...at least in my view). I think that the biggest catfights were Williams fans vs. Hingis fans. Those were some UGLY fights.

Anyhow, I don't think the new fights will be so much Williams fans vs. Belgiun fans. Kim is pretty much universally liked (the Evonne Goolagong of our day). For the most part, I think that people respect and cheer Kim on. She is one of the sweetest girls on the tour and she seems to keep it very real. I think it'll be more a Serena vs. Justine fan rivalry.

But we'll see. Hopefully people can just enjoy all the great tennis that is going on right now. We've got so many talented players with great personalities. It makes it very exciting.

:bounce:

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Uh Ummm, I thought I was your fave Rena fan???...:rolleyes:

Cariaoke
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:20 PM
oohhh... hollywood gets around... :o

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:29 PM
LMFAO back off hes my baby :kiss:

hollywood...i expressed my feelings in the reply of the pm :) i meant every word :)

and thank you again, you have been one of the people who made me smile on one of the most difficult days of my tennis-loving career :)

Mase
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:28 PM
That was a nice post Hollywood..... and I dont even know you that well!!!! Rep poinst for yo ass!!! :-)

Mase
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Well Id already given you some recentley so I cant, but If I could, Id hook a brother up!