PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Wildcards

Jem
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:41 PM
I just found out that Julie Pullin has won one of the Wildcards for Wimbledon this year. She beat two other girls, Anne Hawkins and Sarah Borwell, yesterday to earn her wildcard. I don't have any other results.

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Samantha Stosur got one of the Wildcards for Maindraw. Casey Dellacqua recieved it for the Qualifying! :)

Monica_Rules
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Yeah in the play-off Julie won 1 wildcard!

we now know 6 WC's

Anne Keothavong
Elena Baltacha
Lucie Ahl
Jane O'Donaghue
Julie Pullin
Samantha Stosur

I think Martina Navratilova will get one!:rolleyes:

So one left.I don't think a brit will get it!

MarcusRock
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM
I think Martina Navratilova will get one!:rolleyes:Navratilova is planning on playing singles?

Randy H
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
The sad thing is that Martina would probably have a better shot at winning in the maindraw than any of the other wildcards...

Randy H
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:14 PM
and BTW, congrats to Julie :)

she has been struggling a bit this year, but I'd like to see her finally win a maindraw Wimbledon match after she's been close a couple of times.

MarcusRock
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:15 PM
The sad thing is that Martina would probably have a better shot at winning in the maindraw than any of the other wildcards...Well if she does enter singles, I hope she draws Dokic. That'd be awesome. LOL.

King Aaron
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Well if she does enter singles, I hope she draws Dokic. That'd be awesome. LOL.
Lol.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Well if she does enter singles, I hope she draws Dokic. That'd be awesome. LOL.

would that be in a boxing ring ?;)

BritBoy
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Has Martina N actually said that she'll be playing singles at Wimbledon? Or even any of the warm-up events like last year? I really hope so as she can still compete with a lot of the top girls as she proved at Eastbourne :)