PDA

View Full Version : My favorite season is approaching!!!!!!!!

Jakeev
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Well folks with all the clay-court brouhaha almost over, it's time to welcome in the grass-court season.

I'm excited to see Martina Navratilova trying her hand at singles again and I am looking forward to seeing if Alicia Molik and Alex Stevenson will finally be contenters this year.

Hope to see Jen, Lindsay and the sisters bounce back at Wimbledon and what always excites me about this tournament is that we will see a different batch of surprises then what we saw on the red clay.

Anyone else excited?? :D

SerialKiller#69
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Am I excited? I've been waiting for this since the season ended last year. :)

Plus I get non-stop coverage of this slam. And this is my fave's fave surface. :)

Philbo
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Jakeev - ahave you heard something I havent??Martina announced she is playing singles??

Or are you just hoping ?? :)

But yes,, its my favourite season as well, hopefully Martina will do better on the grass than at RG....

propi
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Actually I usually didn't like grass but as it's only one month per year and people has to play different I kind like it!!!
I want to see Dani winning a couple of matches, Serna's lefty serve killing and Conchi's amazing slice backhand moving people as crazy.
I wish Zvereva played as she successfully did in Eastbourne :sad:

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:22 AM
ohhhhhh i love grass :angel:

grass courts too :p

hey Jakeev honey u are hoping the same players as me will show up!

go ESPECIALLY Alex and Alicia :bounce:

this is the best surface IMO :p

Monica_Rules
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:42 AM
I'm really excited too i love grass!

Plus also in the UK wimbledon(my fav grandslam) gets fantastic coverage by the bbc a chopice of 5 matches to watch and the only chance to get to watch the british girls!

Also this year i'm going to birmingham to watch that tourny!:)

Experimentee
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I like women's tennis on grass but i dont like mens tennis. I'm looking forward to seeing whatever Wimby womens matches they choose to show us though. Hopefully it wont rain too much and Serena will win :p

Jakeev
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Jakeev - ahave you heard something I havent??Martina announced she is playing singles??

Or are you just hoping ?? :)

But yes,, its my favourite season as well, hopefully Martina will do better on the grass than at RG....

For soem reason I was under the impression Martina was seeking wildcards into the grass-court tourneys this year. Am I wrong on that babe?

Dava
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Im excited! im going to the BMH tournament so Jakeev I'll be able to tell you how Alex and Alicia (who are both coming) are playing.

Cariaoke
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Go Alex and Alicia! And of course, SERENA, VENUS AND LINDSAY! :bounce:

I love the grass and it's a pity this season is so short. :sad:

Havok
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:00 PM
yeah, go grass!!!!

Mr. Man
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
whoooo Grass & Hardcourt! :D

SJW
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:28 PM
GRASS AND HARDCOURTS?! omg its just hit me that we are at the brilliant end of the season :D

grass season needs to be longer...and more tourney. Tier Is so i can go and stalk the top players at an event that i wont have to take out a bank loan to go to :angel:

BRING IT!!!!!