PDA

View Full Version : Racism

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:56 AM
I am just a little tired of all these accusations made about the french crowd being racist.

RACISM: To Act Hateful against a person because of differing Physilogicol make up.

FRENCH CROWD: Purposely supported the underdog against the Number 1 player until the bitter end.

CONNECTION BETWEEN THE 2 EXAMPLES: NONE

I really am sick of people crying Racism when Venus or Serena Lose. Name a time when any crowd supported the Number 1 and overwhelming favorite? NEVER. Martina Navratilova is only getting the appreciation now that she deserved 20 years ago. and lets not forget Serena Williams beat the French Favorite in Mauresmo. Do you need reminding on the reception the last person to beat Chris Evert got? Or Gabriela Sabitini got when she beat Navratilova at Madison square garden? The French crowds are not the only ones to voice there opinions.

Martina Navratilova/Martina Hingis/Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario and Now Serena Williams has coped the wrath of the French crowd, now seeing as 1 is gay, 3 straight, 3 white and 1 black, I will be damned if I can see any RACISM in that.

RACISM is not even the proper word to use when things like this happen. It is BIAS, not RACISM.

Learn the difference between the 2 and stop using the word Racism to back up your hollow arguements.

Cersei
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:58 AM
hear hear :worship:

DunkMachine
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Racism is a form of bias dumbass. The only thing hollow is you ugly mug.

per4ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:01 AM
:worship:˛

Jakeev
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Racism is a form of bias dumbass. The only thing hollow is you ugly mug.

ANd Skankmachine is an example of a dumbass. Good post Flatstat!!!!!!

irma
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:04 AM
"I really am sick of people crying Racism when Venus or Serena Lose. Name a time when any crowd supported the Number 1 and overwhelming favorite? NEVER."

steffi french open 96;)
yeah she was the clear fav!

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:07 AM
"I really am sick of people crying Racism when Venus or Serena Lose. Name a time when any crowd supported the Number 1 and overwhelming favorite? NEVER."

steffi french open 96;)
yeah she was the clear fav!

But even you would agree that is a rare rare thing :)

Dunkmachine: I expected no more then what you delivered :rolleyes:

Experimentee
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:08 AM
I dont think the French crowd was racist at all, but still I am disgusted by their deplorable behaviour. My point has been that no one should be treated like that, black, white, red, blue or whatever. Serena did nothing to deserve that booing.
Maybe they had a preference for Justine because she was French speaking and lived near France, which is nationalist in a way, but i dont think they consciously rooted against Serena just because she was black.

All4Williams
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Its racism pure and simple. even when Serena was the underdog the crowds would still show their disdain. Even at the USopen. Every where they have both played they have been courted by a hostile media which in turn has turned the spectators hostile and race is the underlying issue. Serena and Venus are both very well behaved on court.
They should question line calls more often but invariably don't for fear of the crowd. Its unjust and unfair.

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Its racism pure and simple. even when Serena was the underdog the crowds would still show their disdain. Even at the USopen. Every where they have both played they have been courted by a hostile media which in turn has turned the spectators hostile and race is the underlying issue. Serena and Venus are both very well behaved on court.
They should question line calls more often but invariably don't for fear of the crowd. Its unjust and unfair.

I think you may the person who has a underlying problem with race.

rand
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:46 AM
imho it has more to do with serena being arrogant and never giving any credits to her opponents (thoufgh she did so yesterday I admit....)

All4Williams
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Serena is not arrogant - she is a confident player. These were her words about her previous loss "Justine played well she had a game plan and she stuck to her game plan. I know what I should have done but I did not do it."

When a mind is being trained for high performance, it has to be taught that it its owner can conquer all obstacles. Its not arrogance. Its spoken by those who were taught a very high level of self belief. Such people rarely fail.
Those who do not know this basic principle mistake it for arrogance. The people who taught that they will fail again st a better player nearly always do - even when they are better.