PDA

View Full Version : Why I think better of Serena now

Kirt12255
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:53 AM
As an Aussie....and the ludicrously little amount of coverage we get here of the WTA....to see Serena shed a tear shows not only does this lady have a heart....but opened her heart for a short moment and allowed all of us fanatics a chance to see her behind the Serena Slam persona.

This is a young lady who has achieved what 98 percent of the human race would be ineligable of achieving....at her age I was still trying to work myself out.

I saw a split shot with seven sunrise show this morning...of both Serena and Justine at the particular moment...yes Justine put her hand up....but yet it's up to the umpire....there is someone there to catch foot faults and employed to do so...why is he not looking at the returners box?......yes what Justine did was wrong....and I have lost appreciation of her for it...but she was trying to make her first final in all fairness.

Going back to my point of coverage of WTA in the Media here (Australia)....I loathed the Williams sisters last year....now I realise they are just champions with alot of pressure on them.

I've already posted in a different post that I enjoyed reading a Venum Williams article and spent 2 hours typing it out LOL....Serena has been foreign to me.....but to see this shows me she is vulnerable....but I truely pity her next opponent to be honest....Eye of the Tiger.

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:55 AM
lol cute :)

DunkMachine
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Kirt that is truely the best post ever. YOu scored alot of points in my book. I'm still enraged that there are individuals out to hurt serena like this.

Fucken losers

Experimentee
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Great post. I think so many people are so blinded by their hate of Serena (or any other player for that matter) that they fail to realise that these players are human too, just like us with real feelings lol. I was gutted to see her cry like that after the crowd treated her so badly. I dont know why a whole crowd would viciously turn on someone they dont even know, let alone someone as young as Serena who did nothing wrong in the match.

Kirt12255
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Kirt that is truely the best post ever. YOu scored alot of points in my book. I'm still enraged that there are individuals out to hurt serena like this.

Fucken losers

Dunk as you can see I follow Jen (Profile) and Alicia....I'm not saying I am a massive Williams' fan....but have learnt a appreciation for them both. Wimbledon Final is set....depending on Seedings....Will be Venus or Serena....clay is different....there is no-one to touch them on grass IMO....Whoever gets Alicia in first round to be honest will be very nervous on fresh grass though.

Kirt12255
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Great post. I think so many people are so blinded by their hate of Serena (or any other player for that matter) that they fail to realise that these players are human too, just like us with real feelings lol. I was gutted to see her cry like that after the crowd treated her so badly. I dont know why a whole crowd would viciously turn on someone they dont even know, let alone someone as young as Serena who did nothing wrong in the match.

:wavey: Totally agree.....A young Champion who has been through the ringer her whole life....and for a champion to cry means she is human and feels like us all. The french crowd get a 0/10 for performance....I find it very disgusting....as I did when ASV was booe'd for throwing moon balls. Perhaps they should watch wrestling instead of tennis...Serena has certainly earned respect. :wavey:

Dava
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:10 AM
I felt upset for Serena in the press conferance.