PDA

View Full Version : Fact: Serena crying her eyes out as Williamses handed over world domination

gopher
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Look at the stats of the match and you will realize. Henin could have finished that match in the second set already !

The aura of invincibility has disappeared and Kim (and to a limited extent) Justine will rule the WTA !!

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:46 AM
a belgian dominated WTA????

WOW :eek:

fifiricci
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Why are you all so hell bent on "domination", whether its Williams sisters or the Belgians? Cant we all settle down now and hopefully just let the best players of the moment rise to the top and provide us with some fabulous tennis?

per4ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:49 AM
here we go again *sigh*

Serena is the best player in the world...and I'm sure she will stay that for a while :)

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Why are you all so hell bent on "domination", whether its Williams sisters or the Belgians? Cant we all settle down now and hopefully just let the best players of the moment rise to the top and provide us with some fabulous tennis?

you think that will actually happen??? LOL! :)

people are gonna speculate....im just letting them enjoy it :)

Greenout
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Lol. No not domination, not just yet.
I think the rest of the tennis season is going to
be exciting stuff. Let's not forget LD, Jen, Dani,
Dokic, the Russian girls, Ai?, everyone now thanks
to Justine has different new ideas about how the
top 5 rankings should be.

We haven't even had our grass court grand slam,
or hardcourt season, and US open yet. There's going
to be major jousting for new positions, and desperate
protecting for current postions throughout the season.

gopher
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:49 AM
not joking when I wrote this thread

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:54 AM
i was under no impression u were

thats what makes it so "humorous" :rolleyes:

Experimentee
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Losing one match on one of her worst surfaces does not mean Serena is not the best player anymore :rolleyes:

gopher
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Tennis is a mental sport and the issue here is she got defeated. It should have happened at the AO already btw. Clijsters is simply a superior player right now and above all a more complete player.
Question is whether S will be able to regroup at Wimbledon ? If the conditions are wet, she does not stand a chance imo. Neither does her sister. Even in normal conditions they will have a hard time. They can be beaten and they have been repeatedly so this year.

That is the whole issue.

Gowza
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
i don't know about domination at least compared to the williams reign. kim still has trouble beating them but it is more mental than it use to be. i think the sisters aren't playing that high level tennis as much as they were last year so the other players have managed to pull them back. i think wimbledon will be the telling factor on who is going to dominate but i think at this stage the williams sisters are about equal with the belgians.

Hagar
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:06 AM
No domination, just a tough competition between the top players, which will hopefully result in entertaining matches. Real tennis fans will be spoilt.

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:09 AM
are you saying Gopher that the belgians will dominate the Grass and hardcourt seasons??

Philbo
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:15 AM
I think Serena's gonna come back big time, cant see Jusitne dominating her, Serena's serve will come back and so will the victories...

*JR*
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM
are you saying Gopher that the belgians will dominate the Grass and hardcourt seasons?? Hey, Sw, I mean SJW :p I think gopher may really be a certain "CEP" we know! Notice the similarity in the word-flow? Hmmmm.... :D

Majo
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Losing one match on one of her worst surfaces does not mean Serena is not the best player anymore :rolleyes:

that is very true... even no. 1 can lose at times...

Primula
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Kim CAN dominate the hardcourtseason, she's able to do that! 100 % sure

gopher
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Kim totally dominated the indoor season. In Australia she forget to confirm she was indeed boss there as well. On clay the Belgians were big boss.

Remains the grass season: well in reality for the top 4 that's Wimbledon.
Furthermore remains the US outdoor season.

Tell me who will be boss.

I tell you Serena will be dethroned soon.

lizchris
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Kim dominated the indoor season last year, but as we saw with Serena and the clay court season, somone else can come up and dominate. She lost to Serena at the AO because she couldn't convert two match points. Her worst surface is grass, so it remains to be seen if she can even get past the quarterfinals (which I think is her best result at Wimbeldon), but we will know two weeks from Monday. Another fact you seem to forget about the summer hardcourt season; Venus has lost only two match since 2000 (2001 Bank of the West; 2002 US Open), so Kim will have to top that by going perfect or near perfect. Plus as I said before, other than the USO, Serena has little to defend during the summer between Wimbeldon and the USO, so she can gain points too.

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:39 PM
ok dude there is a reason why u got 2 red dots under ur name

welcome to my ignore list :)

i-girl
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:41 PM
gee, putting a giant smile next to the words "Serena crying her eyes out". you are just not a very good human being, are you?

and don't you dare say Kim's name in the same breath as Henin's. Kim is a worthy champion, and the other one, that sad excuse of a tennis player, is nothing but a shame to the sport.

lizchris
gopher, you seem to think that the damp conditions will hurt V&S at Wimbeldon. Fact: The 2001 ladies' final was a wet affair (in fact, it was moved to Sunday because of the rain) and Venus won in three sets, the last set being 6-0. So if we use your logic, Justine should have won, but she didn't.

Mr. Man
gopher must be a little kid. When will they learn.

Serendy Willick
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Oh wow! :rolleyes: Gee lets see, if Serena and/or Venus wins the next two slams, one in which noone has won in the new millenium except someone named Williams and the other which has been sitting in the Williams trophy case since 1999, then you and the other whinners will be back to square one and bohooing that Who can stop the Williams domination crap. Sure Clisjsters is dominant when shes winning all of the hardcourt tournements that the Williams arent playing romping through piss easy draws like Indian Wells, Scottsdale, Seat Open, and others. As for Henin-Hardenne, when was the last time she won a major hardcourt tournement? What you and others are clapping about and hoping is that this loss (in spite of great play, Henin barely won 7-5 in the third) will shut Serena down mentally, whoppdie doo. Serenas serve will be back and her and Venus will turn it up at the All England Club and Flushing Meadows and leave the Belgians in the dust.

gopher
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:43 PM
If that comforts you, fine.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:32 PM
LOL, Kim was dusted this year the last time she played Venus. And according to all the critics Venus is way off her game, where does that leave Kim? One shining clay court season does not a great season make. Was justine not among the three top players an ill Venus beat to win the Pilot Penn? Let Kim and justine contest the next four grand slams before you start talking take-over.

Bring on the grass and hardcourts.

GO KIM