PDA

View Full Version : The Tennis and Sporting World must correct this

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Never should we see what we saw yesterday. The fact that 1 player was allowed to call another a liar and a cheat just because she lost is appalling. The WTA must step in now and and Suspend Serena Williams for bringing the game into disrepute. If they don't, the next thing we will see is Players pulling out of matches "Injured" when they aren't.....wait.....mmmm..Seems the WTA has already lost control with there constant butt kissing of the Williams family :rolleyes:

All4Williams
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:59 AM
I am sorry but Serena did not call Henin a cheat. She did say that Henin was lying and thats true.

I also remember Henin losing to Lindsay and then accusing Lindsay of Lying when Lindasy called a trainer. I believe that Henin was falsely accusing Lindsay. Please examine Henin once more.

JPV
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:01 AM
I am sorry but Serena did not call Henin a cheat. She did say that Henin was lying and thats true.when did Henin lie?
By doing nothing, you can't lie...

smally
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:02 AM
good one All4Williams.

smally
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Didn't some one say she was asked by the chair umpire if she raised her hand and she remained silent.
That might not be telling lies but it's being dishonest IMHO.

MartinaI
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:05 AM
I actually felt sorry for Serena in the final set of this match becasue the crowd were unfair towards her, even though I dislike her. HOWEVER a top tennis player must realise that she is going to have to face such situations, they have played Fed Cup after all and hey life isn't fair.

I also thought that Serena behaved badly in response to the abuse (not shaking umpire's hand, briskly shaking Justine's on her side of the net, crying, calling foul etc etc). If she wants to be treated well by the crowd she is going to have to earn their respect and so she also must clean up her act.

Well done Justine, you played great consistently better than Serena it was well deserved. Good luck in the final! Hope you win!

JPV
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Didn't some one say she was asked by the chair umpire if she raised her hand and she remained silent.
i've seen the game yesterday evening again, and i don't think this has happened...

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Please examine Henin once more.

I would love too, but I have 576 false injury claims from Venus to examine first :p

MartinaI
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:10 AM

I think Justine was concentrating too hard on the match remaining focused to say anything, she sensibly did not want to get involved with the crowd which I thought was very classy. It was the umpire's decision as to what should be done, decisions should not be made amongst the players, otherwise umpires would not be needed!

The Williams sisters have both acted disgracefully on and around the courts up to this point (pulling out of matches against each other feigning injury, having tantrums when beads fell out of their hair etc etc) so I don't see why they have the right yet to disgrace other people's names. It's simply a case of do as you would be done by.

Fedcup
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Btw I don't even get Serena her point.

She wasn't looking at Henin when she hit her serve so their's no point for asking to have a first serve again even if Henin said she raised her hand.

I founded it unfair from Serena to ask for a first serve again.
That's my point of view.