PDA

View Full Version : Belgians: Has your national press gone crazy today?

John Inverdale
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Is the news all over the fronts of paper, at the beginning of news reports?

Is it the big news of today, or is it not that big a deal?

Maajken
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:34 AM
yup its a big deal...first 3 pages of the sports-section was all about tennis. but kim and justine news is practically always front page news..

irma
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:36 AM
is it me or does the belgian tv wants to win justine much more

why do they write on teletext will justine beat kim for the fourth time?
that sounds like biasm :p

John Inverdale
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Oooh smackdown ;)

That's brilliant :D I can honestly say I'm sooooooooo pleased for Belgium.

Enjoy it guys.

per4ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:45 AM
allmost all frontpages of the newspapers have gigantic Justine-Kim pictures :)

JPV
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:46 AM
Consider this:

Yesterday, the new parliament was installed, a former colony is in serious troubles (riots), there were some letters containing toxic send to various ministers & ambassades...

And the main news was:
HENIN & CLIJSTERS play the final.

Hagar
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:08 AM
is it me or does the belgian tv wants to win justine much more

why do they write on teletext will justine beat kim for the fourth time?
that sounds like biasm :p

Once again: there is no Kim-Justine rivalry. You non-Belgians invent this. I watched Kim's match on the Flemish TV and Justine's on Walloon TV (since Kim won when I watched Flemish TV, I thought I had to watch Justine's on Walloon TV; just stupid superstition of mine - it worked though). Flemish TV is very supportive towards Justine and the same for Walloon TV towards Kim.

irma
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I was just kidding;)

Elke
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Yes, they are both supportive for Kim and Justine. I lost count on the orgasms Karl vannieuwkerken, our commentator had!:o:p
He must be pretty exhausted....

BTW, hope some are a bit satisfied with the press coverage of Justine??;)

Cersei
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:33 AM
yeh they've gone a little crazy lol, but why shouldn't they?:)

Majo
Jun 6th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Karl Vannieuwkerken said "I propose Steven Martens (who will be co-hosting the match) takes Justine's side, and I'll take Kim's, 'cause it really is very hard for us to choose sides..."

carot
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:18 AM
The all-Belgian final is compared to Eddy Merckx and his five times winning the tour de france and the Belgian national football team's run at Mexico '86 WC, so yeah it's big news here ;)

per4ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Yes, they are both supportive for Kim and Justine. I lost count on the orgasms Karl vannieuwkerken, our commentator had!:o:p

yeah I'd love to be a tenniscommentator :D they come so often :o

irma
Jun 6th, 2003, 11:26 AM
"we can conquer the moon?"

do I have to get scared? ;)

Maajken
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:21 PM
yeah I'd love to be a tenniscommentator :D they come so often :o
hard to beat karl vannieuwkerke though, multiple orgasms within only a few minutes :o

thank god for eurosport and foreign commentary, at least they're somewhat objective

propi
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Yes!!
you're a lucky country Belgians so enjoy Saturday as much as you can and may the best win ( I have a favourite between these two but I don't like any of them so..:o)
I wish we had had the opportunity of a ASV- COnchi RG final :sad: sadly fate avoided it.....
And please no matter who wins don't start bitching about the winner or loser, do you?.....these girls will do their best but only one can win

Majo
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Yes!!
you're a lucky country Belgians so enjoy Saturday as much as you can and may the best win ( I have a favourite between these two but I don't like any of them so..:o)
I wish we had had the opportunity of a ASV- COnchi RG final :sad: sadly fate avoided it.....
And please no matter who wins don't start bitching about the winner or loser, do you?.....these girls will do their best but only one can win

I think (and hope) that I speak for most Belgians when I say we're proud of both of them, so indeed: there's no use in "bitching about the winner or loser", one will be silver, one will be gold, that's a tremendous achievement..!

Go girls!!!! :kiss:

Maajken
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:13 PM
im probably a dying breed but there are belgians who like neither of them you know ;)

KaseyL
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Consider this:

Yesterday, the new parliament was installed, a former colony is in serious troubles (riots), there were some letters containing toxic send to various ministers & ambassades...

And the main news was:
HENIN & CLIJSTERS play the final.

says it all! :D

KaseyL
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:24 PM

ROFL :D

what will that be on Saturday? he will need ER afterwards! :p

nicky
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:25 PM
im probably a dying breed but there are belgians who like neither of them you know ;)

I'd run to the nearest museum if I were you Maeike...you must be a unique specimen nowadays ;) :D