PDA

View Full Version : Will the ROLAND GARROS FINAL decide who will be the better BELGIAN?

Robbie.
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Is this final going to be a definitive turning point in both their careers?

Will the winner go on to have the better carrer? Remember Serena won the first slam of the Williams sisters rivalry and she has ended up being the better player. Will it be the same case here? Or will the loser have the determination to bounce back and prove themselves superior?

Rtael
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM
It'll prove who's the best on clay...and while clay is the second most important surface after hardcourt (i.e. most tournaments etc.) It's the most different from any other surface, ie. rebound ace, indoors, grass, and hardcourt are all more closely related to each other then any of them is to clay, so winning RG over the other one won't prove a hell of a lot...if one of them won AO or USO over the other it would prove alot. Wimby not so much =P

irma
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:28 AM
no kim is still worldchampion and reached this final. the only thing that speaks against kim is wimbledon since she played so bad last year. so it's either even or kim takes the lead;)

other then that no way the masters is the most important thing when my retired fav didn't win it but when my current fav wins it then it's suddenly less important

no way :p

consistency all the way;)

Robbie.
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:36 AM
no kim is still worldchampion and reached this final. the only thing that speaks against kim is wimbledon since she played so bad last year. so it's either even or kim takes the lead;)

other then that no way the masters is the most important thing when my retired fav didn't win it but when my current fav wins it then it's suddenly less important

no way :p

consistency all the way;)

I don't really mean straight away. For example when Serena won her first slam, Venus was still the better player that year and for the next two years. I am talking more in the long run.

disposablehero
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:42 PM
It won't decide the long run, just who gets to be called best right now.