PDA

View Full Version : What an emotion filled day

selesfan1
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Well, today to say the least was a very weird day. I wanted to cry a whole lot today and that is very strange for me because I don't consider myself as a person that cries over anything but today did. First I felt like crying whenever the announcer started to talk about Justine and how when she was 12 her and her mom visited Roland Garros and Justine told her mom that she would win Roland Garros one day but after her mother died. I wondered throughout the match if Justine thought mom this is for you ,or mom this is what I promised you and I am close to getting it. I rooted for Justine throughout most of the match but then I also understand Serena's point of view. I finally today understood the human side of her whe she says that all her life has been a fight I can understand that because being a minority as well it is strange to play a sport like tennis and for people to accept you also and then her coming from the circumstances she did I found it very admirable to what she did. As I rooted for justine I turned against her for an instant. Just seeing Serena ther in her cremsicle dress as referred to it she looked so vulnerable, and worried I just wanted to hug er and she looked so pretty. but again I got mad at her at the end when she didn't shake Justine's hand right and then I thought that I have done the same thing and I probably would have done the same thing. At the same time seeing this year's semi's I was dissappoind because 2 years ago everyone was saying Lindsay,Monica,Martina,Jennifer,Justine,Serena,Ven us,Kim, Amelie, Anna, and it seemed that tennis was bound for a great future but now it seems that four players run the tour and while that is admirabe it saddens me because there seems to be no depth and I felt like crying about that because or some reason I felt that I would just see the same players for years but now one has retired( one of the least likely ones)
and a couple are approaching the end of their careers. Then I thought her is Belgium a country smaller than some U.S. staes and they have produced two excelllent players in one generation both similar and both so different at the same time and both in a Grand Slam final together
and that makes me happy because that is a historic feat and one that probably won't be repeated with a country so small having two great players. From today I tried to understand each players struggles and admire them both I felt bad for them and happy for them. It is known that I dislike the Williamses much but you know I haven't felt happy after their losses for a while now. I think i all started when Rubin and Callens defeated William/Williasm at the U.S open one year and since then I haven't felt happy. However today I learned to respect Serena and I feel bad that she had to go through today but today I learned that I may not have to like all the players on the tour but I have learned to respect all of them and try to understand their struggles the best I can.
Right now I don't know how I feel about Women's tennis as a whole but I hope to learn to understand it and appreciate it better.

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:12 AM
nice post selesfan1 :)

Iroda_Fan
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Very nice post. I remember when my girl Hingis was eaten up alive by the french crowd too :( :( :( :( :( My poor girl!!!!!!!Damb it that match was Martina's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cariaoke
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:21 AM
wow, what a great post. I think most people on the board are changing. those that used to dislike Amelie, Jennifer, Lindsay or the Willies, are learning to appreciate all their games and that makes me happy. yeah, Serena didn't win today; Venus, Lindsay, Jennifer and Amelie and the other 120 women in the draw lost but that's tennis. I'm moving on to the next tourney as of now. :)

Becool
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Awesome post :)

I'm getting thru today, even tho' I'm not going to change what I feel for certain players and I'm going to be glad in watchin them losing :)

anyway still an awesome post from yours

diggerariel
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:29 AM
A truly wonderful post.