PDA

View Full Version : Local (US) media screaming about unfair French crowd...

tenn_ace
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:23 AM
all major networks showed it and said that French crowd was rude, unfair, etc...

I'm wondering where they all were in March when French players got booed in Maimi??? just for being French, btw.

Miranda
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:25 AM
they are really quite+ rude and disgusting, cheers for serena's doubt faults and errors, very bad :rolleyes:

i am neither serena nor justine's fans but i do think the crowds are not fair to serena :fiery:

CC
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:36 AM
The mainstream media normally gives tennis an average of probably 20 seconds of attention or ignores it altogether. To be honest, I think they suddenly care because of the recent political atmosphere between the US and France. They all want to show further proof that the French are arrogant cowards. Since when does the American media care about Serena being booed or treated unfairly?

Venus Forever
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:04 AM
all major networks showed it and said that French crowd was rude, unfair, etc...

I'm wondering where they all were in March when French players got booed in Maimi??? just for being French, btw.

To my understanding from people who attended the event in Miami, there was no booing and it was fabricated.

That's what I heard.

tenn_ace
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:06 AM
fabricated by who?

Mrs. Peel
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Yes, darling...no French players were booed in Miami...it was a hoax...someone might have the time to dig these threads up for you so you quit referencing UNTRUTHS :rolleyes:

vs1
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:09 AM
I was at the Emelie Loit match. There was no booing in Miami. There was hardly ANYONE in that stadium! :rolleyes: :eek: So, let alone for them to boo. I was there for the entire match. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Serena is popular in the US. She is a household name. And so there is sympathy for the situation she was in with the rude fans. They are saying it like it is. The fans there WERE rude! Finally...truth in the media. I wasn't sure if it was possible! :eek:

mishar
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:09 AM
In interviews with Mauresmo and other French players, they all knew nothing of booing. The only story I heard about booing was Emile Loit -- and I'm sure that was just a few rowdies. It was deplorable, but you can't really equate it with a whole stadium hissing at you in one of tennis' premier events.

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Well at least it gets tennis more coverage/exposure in the media. :o ;)

tenn_ace
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:19 AM
In interviews with Mauresmo and other French players, they all knew nothing of booing. The only story I heard about booing was Emile Loit -- and I'm sure that was just a few rowdies. It was deplorable, but you can't really equate it with a whole stadium hissing at you in one of tennis' premier events.

oh please... watch this match again... the whole stadium... science fiction writer?