PDA

View Full Version : Two Belgians...One Winner...who will it be?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Well come saturday one Belgian will be the heroine of her country while the other will be shoved into the shadow of her countrywoman. One player will join the elite of the sport, the grand slam champions, achieving something few others in tennis accomplish. The other most likely will have to wait another year for a shot at a grandslam considering the clay is their best chance to win.

Who Will it be? Kim or Justine? And why?

GO KIM!

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:26 AM
I think Kim deserves it because she did lose that heartbreaking semi to serena in aussie open. She should be well rested after her cake walk draw and should have ample energy to take down juju.

Havok
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Justine all the way

kell
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Kim because

a, she'll be fresher
b, she's proven herself against Justine numerous times
c, she's nearly tasted RG victory before
d, being no. 2 and having not won a GS, she has a lot more to prove
e, she'll wanna rub it into Lleyton that she can do what he can't ;) (well I would, anyway)

WtaTour4Ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:34 AM
I'm thinking Kim, but didn't Justine win last on clay? I'm thinking it will be three sets either way.

disposablehero
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Kim, because she has something to prove against Justine on Clay.

Hurley
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I really don't know. Justine has proven she's the stronger clay-court player, but Kim has a definite mental edge.

I hope Justine wins, but in the end, I don't think she will. I'll be quite pleased either way, just less so if Kim wins. ;)

diggerariel
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Justine just beat Serena! I think that she is red hot & peaking at the perfect time. It will be a wonderful match, but confidence & momentum will carry into the Final. After beating Serena two times in a row, her confidence is clearly higher than anyone's right now. Justine will defeat Kim on Saturday! :D

Of course, if Kim wins, I'll be happy as well. They both seem like very nice people. :)

Lisbeth
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Kim, but I'd like to add that there'll probably be a big friendly hug and wave of the Belgian flag before the loser goes crying off anywhere.

LeonHart
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:07 AM
My votes for Justine. She did beat Serena on clay, that's a feat in itself.

~|Naomi|~
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Heart says Kim but head says Henin cause of the surface, if it was on hard or indoor I think Kim would win, but it isn't.

Primula
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Kim will win this trophy! I think in two sets! But the most important thing is: it's an all Belgian final!!!!!!!!
GO BELGIUM!!

Cariaoke
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:16 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be Kim. She can't lose another FO final... I think she's going to make sure to seal the deal this time and believe that she can win.

Ambrosia
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:50 AM
Kim is definitely going to win!

schris
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:01 AM
I hope Justine will make her and her mother dream come true

per4ever
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Justine played her best tennis ever yesterday..if she can repeat that then she'll win without a doubt :)

Good luck Justine!!!

evaz
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:22 AM
After beating Serena (I was close before a heart attack during the end of the third set) - I'd say Justine is going to win!

Allez Justine :)

PhoenixStorm
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:27 PM
I wanted an all american final.

Keith
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Well, considering what happened yesterday, it's not very nice to make a poll to see which one might go running away crying -

I think Justine will win, that is my feeling. I kinda want Kim to win, but I don't really care either way. I just think that Justine is the better player right now and that will be reflected tomorrow.

I think Justine and Kim have learned from some of their bad losses, so If I had to choose one, I'm going with Justine because she is just the better player now.

Keith
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM
I do expect a good final, though!

tennnisfannn
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:36 PM
The danger for Justine will be she may have already played her final. The match against Serena was not just physically draining but mentally. Kim may have a bit more left in her tank. Either way it will a fairytale for whoever wins. I will wait to see who wins the first set then cheer for the underdog!

Hawk
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Kim has the mental edge and that may prove huge in the end. If Justine gets to the point where she might be able to close out the match but can't..I think Kim would make her pay.

SJW
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:59 PM
you know Kim is so totally mentally there this year its hard to predict against her

and i would also like to see her win because she is one of my faves

Justine beat THE player to beat yesterday..so shes obviously on top form. but like i said Kim has been on a roll....what is it, 41/5?

i hope its a good match for those who have any interest in it. belgian/belgian and all.

with Henin beating Serena, it WOULD be nice to know it wasnt in vain....but everytime i want Henin to win she loses so im not gonna say much more about her ;)

anywayz Go Kim and i hope those who will be watching it will enjoy it

starr
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:00 PM
The danger for Justine will be she may have already played her final. The match against Serena was not just physically draining but mentally. Kim may have a bit more left in her tank. Either way it will a fairytale for whoever wins. I will wait to see who wins the first set then cheer for the underdog!

I sort of lean toward Kim for this reason too. In my mind, Justine "deserves" to win and it will be too bad for her not to top off her triumph of beating the "unbeatable-unless-she-beats-herself" number one player.

I just wonder about the physical, mental and emotional toll this match took.

On the otherhand, Kim hasn't been playing superb tennis this tournament. And she's had some odd let downs.

My heart is with Kimmy and I would love for her to win it all and celebrate with Lleyton and gain even more points. :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:00 PM
I want Kim to win. She's my favorite player, and it would kill me to see Justine make Belgian history before Kim. It would kill me. I am petty like that.

However, it would be a more sentimental victory for Justine. She told her now dead mother one day she will win Roland Garros. I want to see that come true--it would mean a lot to her and her mother's angel, but the victory can wait STILL--'til next year or something.

GO KIM!!!

Diya
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:22 PM
LOL @ the options :rolleyes:

You sound sooooo bitter but I don't think either of the Belgians will be weeping like Serena was .....! They know its ONLY a tennis match :rolleyes:

UDiTY
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:25 PM
The last time an American didn't win a major was 3 years ago when Mary Pierce won, so be proud Belgians.

I think Justine, and I hope Justine. She has won all the times they've played on clay I think...cept for the '01 SF of course.

Kim gets on my nerves...GO JUSTINE!!! :bounce: