PDA

View Full Version : Venus, Serena, and their fans dont deserve this...

Jericho
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:29 AM
First of all i would like to say congrats to kim and justine and their fans on the all belgian final, because i know how it feels when your two top favorites get to a grand slam final...

But its very cruel how some people are attacking the sisters and their fans, just because they lost (even though some are just as cruel when they win.) Of course every v&s fan is disappointed, some will make excuses, and some will be classy...just like every fan base.

I believe that because of the all williams domination is why we are going to have an all belgian final. Without Venus or Serena's dominance the other players wouldnt have as much motivation to improve their games. Even though most people dont think that the williams domination wasnt good for tennis, i think just the opposite. Now the tour has even more depth and players are working even harder.

The Williams Sisters are good for the WTA, period! So give them some credit!

AjdeNate!
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:34 AM
They are good and yes I'm sure they've enhanced the sport. I do think, however J2H & KC would have gotten to finals w/o the WS.

And I know it's hard to fathom and it's tough to see your faves lose but EVERYONE on this board needs to accept that players lose. People need to handle this with a helluva lot more grace (on BOTH sides) than we are seeing here.

Somebody has to win. Somebody has to lose. But nobody has to act like an asshole and be negative and deragatory to others.

I don't think Serena should be being bashed, but I've also seen quite a variety of her fans posting very nasty things about Justine. Including calling her names and comparing her to fecal material. That's just not right and unacceptable.

Everyone should show some humility and respect for one another win or lose.

My two cents, sorry.

Lisbeth
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:41 AM
The classy ones like you most certainly do not. However, I think the attacks are going both ways - as you point out, every fan bases has its winners and losers!

BTW, I'm positive there'll be more Venus-Serena finals for you to look forward to.

Flatstat
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:33 AM
They are good and yes I'm sure they've enhanced the sport. I do think, however J2H & KC would have gotten to finals w/o the WS.

And I know it's hard to fathom and it's tough to see your faves lose but EVERYONE on this board needs to accept that players lose. People need to handle this with a helluva lot more grace (on BOTH sides) than we are seeing here.

Somebody has to win. Somebody has to lose. But nobody has to act like an asshole and be negative and deragatory to others.

I don't think Serena should be being bashed, but I've also seen quite a variety of her fans posting very nasty things about Justine. Including calling her names and comparing her to fecal material. That's just not right and unacceptable.

Everyone should show some humility and respect for one another win or lose.

My two cents, sorry.

*nods* in agreement :)

Tarsius
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:50 AM
But its very cruel how some people are attacking the sisters and their fans, just because they lost (even though some are just as cruel when they win.)
Chalk that up to the very nature of the posters on this board. It doesn't start here, it surely wont end here either. Look at how people here take pot shots at Kournikova for her record. Look at how many here are downing Jelena Dokic for her lackluster performance and calling her names. Daniela Hantuchova is probably the butt of most of the "joke" threads here and for what? Because she is thinner than most players? Now Justine Henin is a "cheater" and a "thief" and her husband is suddenly "gay". The French are now "racists".

They and their respective fans don't deserve that either, but what can be done?

No, what I really want to ask is why is this issue of dehumanizing players only relevant NOW that Serena lost.

Greenout
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:54 AM
If you look at a current poll asking posters
for their age, I think you'll know why the forum
has declined into childish mudpie slinging.

Philbo
Jun 6th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Well when one of the most vocal, well known Williams supporters starts a thread titled "Justine cheated" you cant really expect fights not to break out...

I thought it was a great match, I thought Serena played like a champion, trying to find a way to win but Justine was too good on this day...

SerialKiller#69
Jun 6th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Chalk that up to the very nature of the posters on this board. It doesn't start here, it surely wont end here either. Look at how people here take pot shots at Kournikova for her record. Look at how many here are downing Jelena Dokic for her lackluster performance and calling her names. Daniela Hantuchova is probably the butt of most of the "joke" threads here and for what? Because she is thinner than most players? Now Justine Henin is a "cheater" and a "thief" and her husband is suddenly "gay". The French are now "racists".

They and their respective fans don't deserve that either, but what can be done?

No, what I really want to ask is why is this issue of dehumanizing players only relevant NOW that Serena lost.

:worship:

some posters here bitch when it's their faves who are being attacked, but then have no problem doing the same to other players.