PDA

View Full Version : ? About Chair Umpiring

AjdeNate!
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I don't want to get into another long ol' discussion, as there are about 40 million posts on it.... But my question is:

Doesn't the Chair Umpire have the final say over what goes oncourt? And is there a rule that players are to go 'against' his decision AFTER it has been made? I mean the Chair said 'deuxieme service'. Then the hand issue was raised. I mean he had already made his decision. So CAN he reverse his own call even when he did NOT see anything HIMSELF to reverse that decision? And is the 'other' player RESPONSIBLE to tell the chair anything at all AFTER his decision has already been made?

Please, I'm just looking for a ruling not a lecture and a fight.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:26 AM
No, once the point has been called you cannot correct it! If it is a major problem the Tounament referee can come out and deal with it but that really leads to where towards the end cos they have faith in the Chair Umpire.

treufreund
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:29 AM
hmmm, who knows?

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:30 AM
I don't think he can. Some tennis matches have faults and you can't do anything about it.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:34 AM
YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR DECISION ONCE THE POINT HAS BEEN CALLED! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!! Believe me it has happened to me b4 and when we called the tournament referee they clearly said "Its to late to change what has happened, once the point has been called its finished!!"

AjdeNate!
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Thank you, just checking. :wavey: