PDA

View Full Version : Quit Crying in Your Beer, you Whiners

King Lindsay
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Guess what? this is a PROFESSIONAL SPORT. You know what happens in PROFESSIONAL SPORT? People go to watch it. And those people pay their money and indirectly pay the salaries of the participants in said PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Meaning they can do what they please. They can cheer, they can boo, whatever. So they booed Serena today? Is it any different from the Mets fans booing the hell out of Mike Piazza after he came over from the Dodgers? Or when the Red Sox fans were booing Roger Clemens after he skipped town with the Jays? Or any other example of booing that has ever happened in PROFESSIONAL SPORT? no, it's not. SO DEAL WITH IT.

Serena was up 4-2 30-0. And lost. It wasn't because Justine "cheated" and it wasn't because the crowd booed her. It was because she couldn't come up with the goods when it mattered most. for once, she wasn't able to close out a match. The failure is her own. So quit whining, quit crying, and just move on. Wait 'til Wimbledon.

irma
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:41 PM
we are born to be whiners, we live to be whiners and we will die being whiners

accept it :p

1jackson2001
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:29 PM
good point KL

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Why don't you just fuck off KL?! You know damn well that the entire world has conspired to make Serena Williams life miserable, and this was just the last fucking straw.

I am SICK of thie BS :mad:

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:36 PM
hehehehe Rebecca ;) that got a smile outta me :)

Dava
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Good point. The whole hand raising thing happened when Serena was 30-0 up, so Juju was not going to get any advantage of it. Serena served a good second serve.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:46 PM
SERENA LOST AND IT'S EVERYBODIES FAULT BUT HERS :mad: The crowd, Justine, all the haters - IT WAS A CONSPIRACY! I bet that the government was in on it too :mad:

It's just not fair. WHY DOES SHE EVER HAVE TO LOSE?!

Excuse me while I go kill myself.

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:49 PM
That's RIGHT Rebecca... it was the DAMN FROGS! A CONSPIRACY by all Frenchies to make Rena LOSE! :mad:

treufreund
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:52 PM
REBECCA, how dare you make light of this GRAVE SITUATION!

MISS SERENA J BABYGURL GOT ASS WILLIAMS GOT HER ASS KICKED and is crying. Those tears are real damnit she want another SLAM and life is soooo tough when you lose. CRY me a river. those other girls should never ever ever ever get to win cuz SERENA IS GOD, don't you know that the world is coming to an end cuz the evil French, that witch Juju and the racist Jorge Diaz defeated our beloved infallible perfect Serena.

Please Rebecca have some sensitivity. ;)

c2
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Geez, that's right Rebecca... listen to treufreund.. you are REALLY outta line...suggesting something is wrong with the universe if Serena doesn't win...

Philbo
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Good thread..

I mean what Serena copped was no different to Arantxa and Hingis and Navratilova have copped at various times from the French crowd over the years..

Fuck what a match!!!!

JoeyWinson3.0
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Is it any different from when Luis Figo came back to the Camp Nou to play agsints Barcelona for Real Madrid?

Yes... cos no pigs heads were thrown.

Felly Tournato
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:56 AM
What a waste of perfectly good beer.

King Lindsay
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:57 AM
What a waste of perfectly good beer.

There's plenty more.

cynicole
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:19 AM
There's plenty more.

Belgian beer?

JoeyWinson3.0
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Mines a Hoegaarden!

~ The Leopard ~
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:46 AM
The handwaving thing is a complete non-issue. I don't see why Serena deserved her serve not to be counted as a fault when she'd gone ahead and made it when Justine was not ready. Presumably she didn't see Justine's gesture in time and was not affected by it.

The hostile crowd thing is another matter. I'd hate to see tennis dragged to the level of crowds booing players who are of the "wrong" nationality or playing against a local favourite or whatever. Tennis isn't like sports with regional competitions and partisan fan bases, such as soccer. This is one of the great things about tennis. Isn't it much better when both players are respected and appreciated by the crowd?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Is it any different from when Luis Figo came back to the Camp Nou to play agsints Barcelona for Real Madrid?

Yes... cos no pigs heads were thrown.

Aaaaaaaaahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

JoeyWinson3.0
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Jouissant - I do agree with your post.

I didnt see the match today so I cannot pass comment as much as others, but from what I have heard the crowd was not dissimilar to the '99 final crowd, which... in tennis, shouldn't happen.

One thing I HATE whane I go to see tennis tournaments is when people cheer or clap double faults or netcords. Usually on tournament tickets it says not to, yet people still do, I really hate that.

But tennis crowds to need an atmosphere but a respectable one. As far as I am concerned fans can happily chant, and shout their mouths off, so long as they respect both players and tennis etiquette. For example, Ivanisevic vs Rafter at Wimbledon 2001. Brilliant crowd, aussies and croats going for it but adding to and not spoiling the atmosphere.

Midnite Surfer
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:30 AM
It's a sad world when the people refuse to support the truth. That reaction from the crowd was absolutely inexcusable. I would be one thing if Serena had been checking marks throughout the match and being rude. But she did what all players do on clay and was persecuted for it....plus she was RIGHT!! We need to always support what is true and upright, not the bullying behavior of an irrational mob. The crowd was wrong for trying to disturb Serena's game and Justine was absolutely wrong fro lying about the serve. There are no if's and's or but's about it. Yes we should let it go but not without telling the truth.

Congratulations Justine.

Go Kim!!!

Philbo
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Well Serena was wrong to serve while Justines hand was up...

And its funny watching Serena fans turn her intoa victim, where were you all crying outrage when Hingis would get booed?? Or Arantxa for doing moonballs??? Or Martina for being dominant???

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATHETIC

yukon145
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:46 AM
I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Great thread and people really just need to move on. It's not like you were playing in the match, you were watching it.

tenn_ace
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Well Serena was wrong to serve while Justines hand was up...

And its funny watching Serena fans turn her intoa victim, where were you all crying outrage when Hingis would get booed?? Or Arantxa for doing moonballs??? Or Martina for being dominant???

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATHETIC

totally with you :)

seeing_red
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Weeelll... I don't think this is a conspiracy. It's more like people not wanting the favorite to win; people not wanting the same person winning; european people (especially french-speaking ones) wanting a belgian to win.

Sure Serena has taken a lot of crap all her life but I don't think this an instance of it. I mean, look at US Open 1999 - almost everyone wanted her to win there.

TennisHack
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Tennis isn't like sports with regional competitions and partisan fan bases, such as soccer.

You've never seen a Davis Cup match, have you? Particularly a South American Davis Cup match?

hollywood7172
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:36 AM
REBECCA, how dare you make light of this GRAVE SITUATION!

MISS SERENA J BABYGURL GOT ASS WILLIAMS GOT HER ASS KICKED and is crying. Those tears are real damnit she want another SLAM and life is soooo tough when you lose. CRY me a river. those other girls should never ever ever ever get to win cuz SERENA IS GOD, don't you know that the world is coming to an end cuz the evil French, that witch Juju and the racist Jorge Diaz defeated our beloved infallible perfect Serena.

Please Rebecca have some sensitivity. ;)

ROFLMFAO!!!!!
not that i am happy or even care that serena lost ( ireally don't give a...hoot), but this is some funny shit becca and treufreund!

Midnite Surfer
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Hmmm. Justine puts her hand up as Serena has already tossed the ball but Serena doesn't get to serve again becasue Justine denies it. Serena questions two calls in the entire match and was right about both of them , hmmmm. Martina Hingis crosses over the net, serves underhanded, tosses her racquet to ground repeatedly like a yo-yo, refuses to come back on the court. Yeah that's the same thing. Riiiggght. :rolleyes: Win at any cost, and people who speak up about it are pathetic. What a strange and twisted little world some of you live in.

You people are absolutely evil. I'm going to bed. :wavey:

King Lindsay
Jun 6th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Hmmm. Justine puts her hand up as Serena has already tossed the ball but Serena doesn't get to serve again becasue Justine denies it. Serena questions two calls in the entire match and was right about both of them , hmmmm. Martina Hingis crosses over the net, serves underhanded, tosses her racquet to ground repeatedly like a yo-yo, refuses to come back on the court. Yeah that's the same thing. Riiiggght. :rolleyes: Win at any cost, and people who speak up about it are pathetic. What a strange and twisted little world some of you live in.

You people are absolutely evil. I'm going to bed. :wavey:

at least you're right about the last line!