PDA

View Full Version : Boycott French Open

hinquit
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:16 PM
The French and Belgian public found a way of defeating one of the
Sisters, one of the best and world #1, Serena Williams.
The fans, whosoever they were, were racists and very unsportive
today. And what they did today led to the defeat of Serena Williams
and it is a weapon they found to defeat both Venus and Seren.
For me it is not worth a thing for Serena and Venus to waste their
time for this French Open.

Cersei
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:17 PM
stop making threads about this!!there are enough of these already.
damn!!! stop nagging everyone :mad:

hinquit
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:20 PM
stop making threads about this!!there are enough of these already.
damn!!! stop nagging everyone :mad:
Serena had not done anything to anybody in France to deserve
such a treatment today. Believe me, they will never play french open
again. I heard it and that is while I put in the form of thread.

korben
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:23 PM

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Yeah, stop nagging everyone NOW! But when asswhipes such as yourself went on and on about how bad the Williams domination is for tennis that was not nagging right...FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schalckske
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:25 PM

:worship: as they both didn't reach the final, they probably won't waste their time anymore for this french open :rolleyes:

Cersei
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Yeah, stop nagging everyone NOW! But when asswhipes such as yourself went on and on about how bad the Williams domination is for tennis that was not nagging right...FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh what a good reply :rolleyes: i hardly post on GM so don't you fucking call me an asswhipe. :rolleyes:

Smart
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:31 PM
We always see good winners..but only a few are good losers..

Dava
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Serena was not beaten by the crowd, yes it upset, her but I seriusly think Serena is strong, and actually above the booing, she has had to fight all her life.

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:36 PM
And stop with the race thing damn it! It's not because they didn't support Serena that they are racist dumb ass. Get your head outta your ass!

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:37 PM
And I hope they Boycott the French! THANK GOD! No more drama like this when they lose!

fifiricci
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM
I thought Serena has been quoted as saying that she is more motivated if the crowd is hostile so, using that formula, she should have won in straight sets! As it was, she didnt because she didnt deserve to win today. Pure and simple. Justine took her chances and deserved to win. I agree the crowd was hostile and people will make things of that, but the USA people on this thread have to realise that EVERY crowd, including american ones, are going to be partisan and it is naive to expect anything otherwise, especially given the current world situation, when the USA has placed itself on the map in ways that lots of countries have a problem with.

Dont want to get nationalistic, but just think of the behaviour os some Americans during Davis and Fed Cup matches if you want examples. All this "could have, should have, would have" is a complete waste of words and time. Justine won. Get over it already and get on with your lives!!

And please note, I am British, so therefore impartial.

GO KIM FOR THE FINAL THOUGH!!!

hinquit
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM
And stop with the race thing damn it! It's not because they didn't support Serena that they are racist dumb ass. Get your head outta your ass!

I think you can fuck your own mother today since you didn't know
what they did today was racial.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:42 PM
My grapes taste better than your grapes :)

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:45 PM

What was racist about that piece of shit!

fifiricci
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:45 PM

You are being really offensive and I hope you get lots of negative rep points for that. Quite frankly, I think it is the Williams sisters supporters who alienate tennis fans. I had no problem with them until I discovered this site and these threads which are full of poisonous remarks like yours that make me resent the Williams sisters.

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:47 PM
You are being really offensive and I hope you get lots of negative rep points for that. Quite frankly, I think it is the Williams sisters supporters who alienate tennis fans. I had no problem with them until I discovered this site and these threads which are full of poisonous remarks like yours that make me resent the Williams sisters.

I'm not offensed! He is a piece of shit! And piece of shit do that! And I agree with the ''I didn't have a problem with the Williams until I saw the fans they had''!

fifiricci
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:05 PM
The French and Belgian public found a way of defeating one of the
Sisters, one of the best and world #1, Serena Williams.
The fans, whosoever they were, were racists and very unsportive
today. And what they did today led to the defeat of Serena Williams
and it is a weapon they found to defeat both Venus and Seren.

Get real!! If you are putting this forward as a precedent, all the williams hater fans need to do is go to Wimbledon, the US Open and the Aussie Open, do the same thing and then effectively the Williams sisters have boycotted themselves out of tennis! (hmm, maybe not a bad idea!).

The crowd was very impartial and I dont condone it, but we have to accept that these are difficult times and crowds are always partisan (I'm British and we'd probably boo the arse off any British player's opponent at Wimbledon if we could find anyone in the UK who can play). Serena has been quoted as saying that she finds hostile crowds motivating, so where does that put your argument? Just face it that she lost today cos Justine took her chances better and deserved to win.

By the way, how do you know that all the crowd were French and Belgian?

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Please don't impose your family values on the rest of us.

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:08 PM

LOL :worship:

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:10 PM
If a few hostile crowd receptions is enough to force the Williams sisters away from Roland Garros, I'll pay the same mob to go to all the other three Slams and do the same. Personally, I think Serena is a little tougher than that. This woman won four Grand Slams in a row, I think she can cope with a few boos from a partisan crowd.

per4ever
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:11 PM
hahaha...sounds like one frustrated teenager with a tiny little brain starting this thread :D

You're still in denial if you think the crowd defeated Serena lmao

LeonHart
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM
LMAO Rebecca, i second that :angel:

o0O0o
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Lot of knots lot of snags
Lot of holes
Lot of cracks lot of crags
Lot of nagging old hags
Lot of fools
Lot of fool scumbags

Oh it's such a drag!
What a chore!
Oh your wounds are full of salt!
Everything's a stress, and what's more...
...well it's all somebody's fault!

Hey! Get over it.

Makes you sick makes you ill
Makes you cheat, splipping change from the till
Had it up to the gills!
Makes you cry, while the milk still spills

Ain't it just a bitch? What a pain!
Well it's all a crying shame!
What left to do, but complain?
Better find someone to blame.

Hey! Get over it.

::sings and dances away from this thread::

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:13 PM
hinquit, masturbation is highly underrated. Do consider it, please.

franny
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
first of all hinquit, what the crowd did today was not racism. They did NOT cheer against serena because she is black. They cheered against her because they wanted justine to win because they were fans of justine. If you haven't noticed, belgium and France are very close and justine is from the french speaking part of france, so obviously there were alot of belgians in the house to cheer for justine. Secondly, i really did not like how the crowd booed serena. Its ok that they cheer for justine, so i can live with the clapping when serena misses, but when they boo serena and try to distract her, that is wrong. But still, justine played better than serena, thats why she won.

croat123
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:38 PM
serena wasn't beaten by the crowd cause she is better than that