PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Viewers...what did the commentators say about the crowed????

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:55 PM
????

bmxbandit
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:58 PM
they just emphasized how they behaved and that it was a shame and a sad day for tennis.

jenglisbe
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I was playing tennis during the match and have not watched it, but I did see the very end...and Mary Carillo said to put a thought in for Serena because she was up and ended up losing (and now I see part of her statement had to do with the crowd and all of that).

CC
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Between Mary Jo, Mary Carillo and Corny Fowler these were some of the words used:

1. ugly
2. sad
3. disappointing
4. the crowd turned around the tempo
5. uncalled for
6. Serena got affected by it
7. least favorite surface for Serena, crafty Henin, she didn't need another obstacle
8. really unfortunate

CC
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:15 PM
9. unfair

Mase
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Thats a good summary, they just emphasized how sad of a day it was not only for tennis, but french fans because they are normally very knowledgeable about tennis, but also freindly and cordial. They pretty much said in so many words it was a disgrace.

Rocketta
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:48 PM
I didn't see the match and now i don't know if i want to..i actually got over Serena's loss when i heard and was happy for Justine but now reading this stuff I am sad and mad...I am shocked Serena let it get to her..but after all the kid is human. And still people are in denial that these girls get treated with no respect--cheering for Justine should not equal booing/ treating Serena like that...

Oh don't you know! That's how you root for the underdog! :rolleyes:

I was upset that Serena let it get to her but now that I found out the chair umpire spoke with Justine about holding her hand up (and I don't know what was said but apparently Serena feels Justine lied which she did if she said she hadn't held her hand up) and Serena didn't get a first serve now I can see what really set her off. I wish it hadn't but it clearly effected her for a couple of games. :sad: :sad: :sad:

selesfan
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
I didn't see the match and now i don't know if i want to..i actually got over Serena's loss when i heard and was happy for Justine but now reading this stuff I am sad and mad...I am shocked Serena let it get to her..but after all the kid is human. And still people are in denial that these girls get treated with no respect--cheering for Justine should not equal booing/ treating Serena like that...

I'm not going to watch it either, I can't stand hostile crowds. I am not a fan of Martina's and I hated what they did to her in 1999 no matter how poorly she acted.

auntie janie
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
We don't know that the umpire spoke to Justine. That whole story is a very murky one.

But yes, the crowd WAS awful, was unfair, and the commentators were all rightly disturbed by it.

King Lindsay
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM
What's a "crowed"?

theultimateone
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:29 PM
The chair umpire most definitely asked Justine if she had raised her hand, and the lying bitch shook her head and shrugged her shoulders indicating she had not done so.

Rocketta
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:30 PM
We don't know that the umpire spoke to Justine. That whole story is a very murky one.

But yes, the crowd WAS awful, was unfair, and the commentators were all rightly disturbed by it.

They didn't show it on ESPN what the umpire did but I would think he had to have asked Justine if Serena calls her a liar in her press conference. That's sad and if Justine did she should be ashamed of herself.

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:34 PM
They didn't show it on ESPN what the umpire did but I would think he had to have asked Justine if Serena calls her a liar in her press conference. That's sad and if Justine did she should be ashamed of herself.

"I would think he had to have asked?" We don't know for sure.. I'm going to go home and scan my tape..

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:47 PM
My question is whether or not Serena will stop playing her due to the hostile crowds a la Indian Wells. She's not going to have many places to play at this rate :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:59 PM
My question is whether or not Serena will stop playing her due to the hostile crowds a la Indian Wells. She's not going to have many places to play at this rate :rolleyes:

I hope you are joking cause I was gonna rip into you but will give you the benifit of the doubt... ;)