PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Everyone Soooo Pissed?!

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:44 PM
okay SERIOUSLY!!! why is everyone so negative about this all Beglium Finals??!!!

im SOOOO looking forward to this!!! :eek:
guess the majority of us here are Williams Fan. :rolleyes: . and this loss is probably a slap in the face eh?

but you kno... Serena has been in the GS finals WAY too much already! you gotta spread thhe love around! ;)

Serena has her 'Serena Slam'... one loss is nothing for her... shes the #1 player in the world for god sakes! what more does she want to prove to us! :rolleyes:

dont think im bashing the Williams sisters... i credit them for everything they have accomplish... you kno you have to give them some credit for that and they ARE dominating tennis right now...

BUT... things are changing.. everyone is catching up too them.. and what can you do???

i was bored with seeing this All Williams finals... over ANd over AND over again...

I'm definitely NOT going to miss the Finals on Saturday!!!

and you just HAVE TO congratulate Justine for defeating the #1 player in the world!!! Justine... THANK-YOU!!! and CONGRATS!!! LOVE YA! :kiss:

Kim... Congrats!!!! Love ya too!!! ;) MWA!!! Good Luck Girl!!!

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Because they find it hard to accept that the Williams tennis oligarchy has been temporarily suspended in a Grand Slam. I hope somebody interviews Richard Willams following his girls' defeat in Paris and makes him shove his remark about the Williams Tennis Association down his throat.

fleemke³
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Well it's hard to see your favo loosing if you were saying she's untouchable ;)

Good luck Justine :)

o0O0o
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Yes they can't deal with losses. I've seen some fans react badly to players' losses but this is a whole new level. Accussing everyone of cheating, saying Serena really won, cursing out Justine and other posters, and generally crying like babies. Not just one Williams fans is doing this, either...a lot of them are.

It's a glorious peek into their psyches. :) And it reflects their maturity level that they found easy to disguise when Serena and Venus had won every match.

griffin
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Please, ooooo, Hingis fans are still pissing and moaning about her treatment at RG 4 friggin' years ago, and she actually gave the crowd something to boo about (even if they did go overboard). I wouldn't take shots at other people's psychology if I were you.

Calling Justine a cheater is uncalled for imo, but considering how badly Serena was treated today, for once I don't blame people for being upset.

John Inverdale
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:58 PM
I agree. For the first time in my life I'm pleased that Serena doesn't lose often. If she did, we'd have to put up with this shit every time.

Extraordinarily bad losers. Never seen anything like it. And there's no seriously legitimate reasons for it. Worse has happened, and fans have put up with it in a more graceful fashion.

Funny really. Serena gets paid millions and millions - there's really nothing to be upset about here. It's just a game, just an extra £300,000. One interview will get her that money back.

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:00 PM
can anybody say:

Sore-Losers???

:devil:

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:05 PM
They suggest that it was the crowd that rattled Serena and produced her collapse in the last few games, but they seem to forget that those horrible mistakes, that poor shot selection on important points, were the same errors Serena had been making right from the start of the match when there was no pressure from the scoreline. No doubt about it, the crowd interference when Serena was trying to serve was disgraceful, and the umpire should have done more to stop it, but to suggest that Serena was cheated out of a win is nonsense. Henin stepped up to the line and played a brilliant game to close out the match, you can't fault her for that.

o0O0o
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:06 PM
I agree. For the first time in my life I'm pleased that Serena doesn't lose often. If she did, we'd have to put up with this shit every time.

OMG that was the funniest thing I've read all day! :worship:

Also, it looks like the greedy Serena Williams will just have to be content with the pennies she earned in Australia. :eek:

korben
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Maybe someone could dig some old thread regarding Serenas loooong injury timeout in AO semi :rolleyes:

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:15 PM
i think more than anything else it's how serena lost that upsets her fans. the crowd booing her was a great factor to consider in this loss. they're not really pissed coz serena lost but they're pissed coz of how the crowd behaved.

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Ah, but I don't think it is consistent treatment, they are still admired and appreciated at many other tournaments the world over. The point is, when a pair of players dominate as much as the Williamses do, it is inevitable that fans will start hoping for someone to upset them and to break the pattern once in a while. They don't have anything against the Williams sisters as people, it's only their domination that they don't like. And anyone who tries to suggest that there is some racial prejudice going on is talking complete nonsense.

John Inverdale
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:28 PM
its about treating a human being with common decency and respect
Well, treat me with decency and respect, and stop bloody whining about it.

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:38 PM
And the award for most tasteless comment goes to tennisfun! I was wondering when it was coming, and you've supplied it.

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Justine, your mom will come out her grave to haunt you.

leave her mom alone. she's dead and had nothing to do with the match. respect, man. :rolleyes:

tennisfun
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM
I am glad you enjoy it. jUSTINE, YOU MOM IS PISSED OFF BY YOUR SHAMELESS BEHAVIOR.

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:45 PM
tennisfun, the more you persist with this line of reasoning the more persuasive the argument will be to cart you off in a straitjacket to the nearest secure facility, where you will be fed a videotaped diet of classic Williams yawn-fests to give succour to your soul and allowed to spit upon and defile the accursed image of Justine Henin-Hardenne to your heart's content. But for the moment, please don't post your cretinous tripe in here, will you?

petergee1
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:48 PM

:fiery: Okay this is just shocking me. Talking about decency and respect and than such a LOW remark. :fiery: I'm glad Justine is probably not reading this but this must be the lowest ANYBODY on this board has fallen. And I've been a LONG time reader although this is my first post.

I understand that this whole issue can make people take a strong opinion, and although I think BOTH sides are making too much of a fuzz about this, this particular remark does it for me. Al those, possibly even RIGHTLY so on some issues, calling for more decency on the tennis courts should FIRST apply that on this board.

I would like to call for everyone to have a CIVILISED discussion - and that IS possible, in a number of other threads - or to have NO discussion at all.

Also, I would like that everyone who agrees with me on this one to say so, to show that we don't ALL tolerate the way this forum is going. :fiery:

Back to lurk mode now

[edit] Posts reported

per4ever
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:49 PM
I am glad you enjoy it. jUSTINE, YOU MOM IS PISSED OFF BY YOUR SHAMELESS BEHAVIOR.
oh c'mon, grow up..shouldn't you be in kindergarden at this hour?

Just one confusing situation with a serve..and you make it sound like WO III has started. Justine held up her hand to wait, Serena didn't wait..so too bad for her. That's one point...it probably made Serena lose the match :rolleyes:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:49 PM

that was so uncalled for you heartless piece of shit!

faboozadoo15
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:51 PM
how does tennisfun have 2 reputation dots???

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:53 PM

dude, hate justine all you want for all i care......just leave the dead alone! your parents probably didn't teach you that, huh?

John Inverdale
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:54 PM
FUCK YOU
ooooOOOOOooooh! Heh. heh. That wasn't very nice.

Maybe I'll go and cry. Then someone might start up a tonne of threads in my honour.

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:55 PM

we can change that!

korben
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:55 PM

Not anymore :worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Not anymore :worship:

go team go! hahaha :rolleyes:

disposablehero

A totally no-class comment.

Hendouble
chapel, you're not suggesting that tennisfun's parents are in the bodysnatching business, are you? It would make some sense, but it would still be something of a surprise.

tennisfun
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:58 PM
wHAT'S THAT? I guess something complimentary ? Vow! but I have always respected people who are respectable. And Justine is not.

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM
tennisfun is obviously some immature Williams fan (and Serena is sooo proud to have them as fans) who has changed their name

petergee1
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM
And post gone...

Thanks mods

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:00 PM
chapel, you're not suggesting that tennisfun's parents are in the bodysnatching business, are you? It would make some sense, but it would still be something of a surprise.

you can put it that way

chapel
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:06 PM
And post gone...

Thanks mods

one more

TennisHack
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM
They suggest that it was the crowd that rattled Serena and produced her collapse in the last few games, but they seem to forget that those horrible mistakes, that poor shot selection on important points, were the same errors Serena had been making right from the start of the match when there was no pressure from the scoreline. No doubt about it, the crowd interference when Serena was trying to serve was disgraceful, and the umpire should have done more to stop it, but to suggest that Serena was cheated out of a win is nonsense. Henin stepped up to the line and played a brilliant game to close out the match, you can't fault her for that.

FINALLY, someone who makes sense! Too bad its been lost in the shitstorm of GM.

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:17 PM
What would I do without you to massage my ego, Hackie?

LeonHart
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Yesss, finally a final worth watching!!! I would've been satisfied with a Serena/Kim final, but this is great! :D

BigB08822
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:20 PM
I am not a Williams fan at all, but the thought of an all Belgium final is so boring to me. I would much rather see someone else, like Petrova or Vera. Oh well, Justine and Kim are both playing very well and deserve to be in the final. Kim has this experience before but Justine is on fire. I think it could turn into a surprisingly good match.

I just realized, this will be the first time that no American wins either the mens or womans title in quite a while!

BigB08822
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:20 PM
I guess I should have said I wasn't a Williams fan. Serena is winning me over.

TennisHack
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
What would I do without you to massage my ego, Hackie?

I hope you don't think that's all I'm good for! :eek::mad:

Seriously, though, I agreed with that post. People here need to get the fuck over themselves; a thread Rollo posted about "Children's Hour at WTAWorld" was, sadly, also lost in the fray but quite spot on.

franny
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:23 PM
well now you williams fans know how us hingis fans felt back at french 99. The ball was clearly out and they showed it on the replay. The french crowd treated her like shit the same way they treated serena today, and funny enough, it was for the same reason....for questioning a call, but then hello, serena questioned like 50 million calls today, over and over, and trust me, from experiences from martina hingis, we should all know that questioning calls at the french leads to booos and whistles, so dont do it!

TennisHack
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:27 PM
The crowd always boos questioned line calls, whether they are good or not, or whether the player is favored or not.

John Inverdale
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:31 PM
The crowd always boos questioned line calls, whether they are good or not, or whether the player is favored or not.
That is true. They booed Jennifer Capriati, after she'd just won, a fantastic match. She told the crowd she didn't speak French and got booed. It's what they do. Boo. And Serena. Hoo.

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Don't worry Hackie, I appreciate you for many other things. BTW, I absolutely agree with you about the French crowd questioning line calls...

HingisLove
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:46 PM
allez franny!
And btw as a TENNIS fan first and foremost and secondly a Hingis fan it is hard not being a fan of Justine, with her grace and beautiful strokes. Over to the french crowd, what they did at RG back in 99 was wrong and what they did today was uncalled for and sickning. However, I know that this will only make Serena stronger and she will probably be the one holding up the wimbly trophy. Serena is a first class winner that loves a challange, I bet that she will never let a crowd get her down again.
Funny that this time Hingis fans and Williams fans can acctually agree on something to some extent anyway.

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Some peeps are pissed because they are pissy. :)

treufreund
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:35 AM

The last sentence is soo simple and true. JUJU walked up and choked at 5-4 and then played hard to break Serena. she then SERVED it out with a brilliant topspin backhand lob (which serena gave up), two UNRETURNABLE SERVES and then a deep second serve which Serena attacked and hit wide. Pretty great game and no it is not Serena choking which caused her to lose. She has lost 3 out of 4 times to JHH on clay and Venus also has had shitloads of trouble against juju on clay. NO SURPRISE, no excuses needed and ESPN should really stop trying to put their pro american spin on everything. they also said that Agassi was too tired against Coria even though he won the first set....

:rolleyes:

Martian Mel
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:43 AM
well now you williams fans know how us hingis fans felt back at french 99. The ball was clearly out and they showed it on the replay. The french crowd treated her like shit the same way they treated serena today, and funny enough, it was for the same reason....for questioning a call

:worship: AMEN

SerialKiller#69
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:38 AM
The all-Williams finals are always potentially exciting but at times were disappointing, in terms of gameplay and competitiveness, except for the Aus Open 2003. An all-Belgian finals will be interesting because this is the first time and both of them are still Slamless.