PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who claim Justine is the greatest of the Belgians...

disposablehero
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:49 PM
You finally might get some proof. One match to go. Winner gets bragging rights, loser gets second place. But my money is still on Kim.

irma
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:54 PM
on clay yes, and on grass

kim is still better on indoor and hardcourt till justine proves otherwise

so no matter what happens either it's even or kim takes the lead :p

disposablehero
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:47 PM
on clay yes, and on grass

kim is still better on indoor and hardcourt till justine proves otherwise

so no matter what happens either it's even or kim takes the lead :p

Nope, surfaces be damned. If Justine has a Slam and Kim doesn't, then Justine rules Belgium. :worship:

However, I expect the opposite. Which would have Kim ruling Belgium by a wider margin. :worship: :worship:

Hagar
Jun 6th, 2003, 08:42 AM
I wonder if who rules Belgium is the issue. It is not the issue for the Belgians I think. Kim is my fave and I would love to see her win, but I respect and appreciate Justine's tennis a lot, so I will not feel disappointed if she wins. I just hope that it is a long, exciting match.
The Kim vs. Justine issue might be actually one that is more important for the non-Belgians.

Ambrosia
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:24 PM
You finally might get some proof. One match to go. Winner gets bragging rights, loser gets second place. But my money is still on Kim.

Justine's a spectacular player but Kim is going to win Roland Garros!

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 12:26 PM
lol at this thread

Go justine

i just don't hope justine doesnt choke due to memories of roland garros two years ago.

selesfan
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Looks like Justine is the better Belgium. Kim looks terrible today, Justine is the more aggressive player. Kim is playing too defensively.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Looks like Justine is the better Belgium. Kim looks terrible today, Justine is the more aggressive player. Kim is playing too defensively.
Shhhhh don't speak yet, Kim could still come back ;)

hingis-seles
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Juju leads 6-0, 3-1.

I feel she deserves to win, if she does manage to close it out, because she beat the better players as opposed to Kim.

win
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Too bad! I feel that Kim is greatly nervous. Hope that she can cope with it and push Justine to the thrid set.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:21 PM
BAD MATCH. And People say the williams finals are boring. whatever. that was such bad tennis and whats their excuse? they are not sisters!

congrats justine you played hard and while at times it wasn't pretty you got the job done which is what counts.

serena kim go see the choke doctors.

brickhousesupporter
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:24 PM
BAD MATCH. And People say the williams finals are boring. whatever. that was such bad tennis and whats their excuse? they are not sisters!

congrats justine you played hard and while at times it wasn't pretty you got the job done which is what counts.

serena kim go see the choke doctors.

Well cybelle you know, two players from the same country have more reason to be nervous than 2 african american sisters from the same country.

irma
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM
I think kim will win wimbledon

I am serious:D

hingis-seles
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Nah! Kim doesn't play that well on grass. Wimbledon and US Open belong to the Williams family.

Midnite Surfer
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:36 PM
OK! I am now officially a Venus, Serena AND Clijsters fan. All credit to Justine for winning her first slam. She is a phenomenal player. But it breaks my heart when someone as good as Kim Clijsters suffers from nerves the way she does. She did not show up today and that is a real shame. We only saw sparks of what we all know Kim is capable of. It seems as though nerves is becoming an epidemic on the women's tour. We should be privileged to watch some stunning, edge of your seat tennis frm such a strong field of women. But Grand Slam finals are now becoming lopsided chokefests, ie. Venus choking against Serena, over and over again. And now we have today's debacle to add to the list. This French Open was such a disappointment for me in so many ways. From the lousy luck for the Wiliiams sisters to this dud of a final. I really don't want to hear anymore about boring all-WIlliams finals either because that mess I just watched was more of a nail filer than a nail biter :(

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that things get better for Wimbledon.

Go Venus!
Go Serena!
Go Kim!

saki
Aug 16th, 2003, 09:34 AM
*bump* ;)

ns_Henin
Aug 16th, 2003, 10:03 AM
poor thread... :rolleyes:
And Justine won Acura classic to proove the haters wrong :lol: