PDA

View Full Version : Oracene is full of crap!!!!

Chris_Martin's_woman
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:27 PM
What she said about the fans being "ignorant" and not knowing the "class and etiquete" of tennis.........she needs to turn around and teach her daughters some of that first.

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Oh really?? Please explain.

Venus, not respectful, no class, no proper etiquette?? Tell me how, I'm soo interested in hearing this. :rolleyes:

jenglisbe
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Venus has always been respectful, I think.

Serena, though, often dismisses people - like she did at the end of the match today. I agree with Oracene that the French fans were too hard on Serena (who, by the way, was correct in every line call she argued)...still, Serena would have shown more class by being respectful of Justine instead of sinking to her level.

andylover_16
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:28 PM
the belgians are the ones with class.......and by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want......jeez.........get over the fact that serena and venus dont always win......wah wah omg serena lost.......lets have a fit!....please! :rolleyes:

Docevil
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Ok I usually don't post but here go's.

I really feel the need to talk about
"by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want"
that comment. So that means I can go to any movie theatre and pay for my ticket and scream my head off at some poor person just because?

M&M
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Ok I usually don't post but here go's.

I really feel the need to talk about
"by the way the fans paid for their tickets so they can boo and snear whoever the hell they want"
that comment. So that means I can go to any movie theatre and pay for my ticket and scream my head off at some poor person just because?

i was bout going to ask the same

kyale01
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:50 PM
oh andy_lover 16 shut up! just because your favourite player has retired and she wudn't have a f***in chance against serena or to be honest any of the top 10 any more. get over it.
:)

Monica_Rules
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:51 PM
His point is stupid.the crowd should not have been booing or cheering after serena missed a serve it was disrispectful!

selesfan
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Its really ausing because if it was reversed and Justine was booed, we would be reading how rude and ignorant the fans were. Most of Justine fans are convert Hingis fans who always complained about how the French treated their poor Marty. I think Williams fans hve the right to express this same emotion.

CapFan#1
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
His point is stupid.the crowd should not have been booing or cheering after serena missed a serve it was disrispectful!

OK, then let's call a apade a spade... If it is rude for fans to chear Serena's mistakes, it is just as, if not more rude for SERENA to yell come on and cheer when her opponents make a mistake. Let's not be hipocrits folks... It is one thing to yell come on when you hit a winner, but it is just plain rude when you scream it when your opponent makes a mistake!!! Serena got back today everything she puts out all the time. SUCKS doesn't it!!

BigB08822
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I think Serena's interview and her on court behaviors prove that she has tennis etiquette.

BigB08822
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Cappy4ever, players yell all the time when others make a mistake. This almost always happens in high pressure situations. You will have a hard time finding Serena cheering her opponents mistakes when she is up 6-3 5-2!

Besides, when that happens, she is not so much as cheering on the mistakes as she is pumping herself up. Every point counts in tennis and every point won is a step closer to achieving your goals. She is just cheering on her dreams...

Schalckske
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:27 PM
I think Serena's interview and her on court behaviors prove that she has tennis etiquette.

I'm not going to say that serena has no etiquette (i'm nog going to say she do has either => to dangerous in this place) but what does this article say about her etiquette??? :confused:

It just shows that a hostile crowd does touch her, that's all

Terri77
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Oracene was spot on. Good for her.

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:29 AM
I didn't see or hear her interview (Oracene) so I'm not gonna comment.

treufreund
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Oracene is nice. she cheered juju and may be just upset as a mother would be. lay off of her and lay off of juju. hell, even lay off of serena, k!

Lisbeth
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Venus has always been respectful, I think.

Serena, though, often dismisses people - like she did at the end of the match today. I agree with Oracene that the French fans were too hard on Serena (who, by the way, was correct in every line call she argued)...still, Serena would have shown more class by being respectful of Justine instead of sinking to her level.

Very well said. Oracene just called it as she saw it - and she certainly does know about class. Of course she's not entirely objective either, they made her baby cry for goodness sake, what good mother would be objective?

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:53 AM
GABBY SHUT UP!!! Those girls have alot of respect 90% of the time Well venus does 100% serena goes off sometimes!

JasonW
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Part of the challenge in tennis is dealing with crowds...A great player doesn't let the crowd get to them. I'm not saying that what French crowd (notorious for booing players they don't like) did was right, but players must rise above it, and put it out of their mind for the time being.

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Part of the challenge in tennis is dealing with crowds...A great player doesn't let the crowd get to them. I'm not saying that what French crowd (notorious for booing players they don't like) did was right, but players must rise above it, and put it out of their mind for the time being.

I believe that is really impossible ven if you win the match.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:07 AM
OK, then let's call a apade a spade... If it is rude for fans to chear Serena's mistakes, it is just as, if not more rude for SERENA to yell come on and cheer when her opponents make a mistake. Let's not be hipocrits folks... It is one thing to yell come on when you hit a winner, but it is just plain rude when you scream it when your opponent makes a mistake!!! Serena got back today everything she puts out all the time. SUCKS doesn't it!!

wow then jen must have really got some karmic crap back for going out in the fourth round and not winning a tournament in over a year.

Brandon85
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:16 AM
What she said about the fans being "ignorant" and not knowing the "class and etiquete" of tennis.........she needs to turn around and teach her daughters some of that first.

get em! :)

Brandon85
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:19 AM
wow then jen must have really got some karmic crap back for going out in the fourth round and not winning a tournament in over a year.

you are just a hater! you have said so many negative things lately! get over it, serena lost. justine saved tennis in my opinion! thank god she did what she did to spare 90% of the tennis fans from seeing a williams sister in the final! GO JENNIFER IN YO FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

selesfan
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:25 AM

Maybe you should watch a tape of the entire French Open, all the players yell come on at some point, even Jen, Kim the sweetie and Justine (I believe Allez means come on ;) ) And most of these players say come on when they win the point whether it is on an error by their opponent or their own winner. I'm not saying I approve but it seems that is the way tennis is played these days.

Greenout
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:01 AM
This is coming from a woman who was seen
laughing at Ai Sugiyama double fault in her match
against Serena?

lol.

Give me a freakin break! Oracene- you wouldn't
know class or etiquette if it bit you upside your head!!

Mrs. Peel
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:04 AM
This is coming from a woman who was seen
laughing at Ai Sugiyama double fault in her match
against Serena?

lol.

Give me a freakin break! Oracene- you wouldn't
know class or etiquette if it bit you upside your head!!

You are soooooo WRONG!!!!!!!!!! I watched that match and Oracene repeatedly clapped on points that Sugiyama WON!!!! Even the commentators addressed at how gracious Oracene is to other opponents when they make great shots... :fiery: Some people are really scrapping bottom today!!!

Greenout
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Serena lost. Let's forget about the other
matches already..lol.

P.S she did laugh at the Double Fault!!

Mrs. Peel
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Serena lost. Let's forget about the other
matches already..lol.

P.S she did laugh at the Double Fault!!

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Oracene is usually laughing and having a good time in the stands! How the hell do you know what she was laughing at?????

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:19 AM
u dont know if she was laughing at the DF.. she laugh alot throguh matches!?! SHe has class!

tenn_ace
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:20 AM
bull... Oracene is a classy lady. the best parent in tennis.

selesfan
Jun 6th, 2003, 03:21 AM

I find it amusing that a Lleyton gan is accusing anyone of bad manners. :rolleyes:

THE NET
Jun 6th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Oracene is a diva. I like her.
She doesn't do Big-mouth stuffs like Richard.
She rarely give comment, but once she talks, it will be some cool words. I don't think she is full of crap!! :o

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Oracene is one of the Best tennis parents on the tour! regardles!

SerialKiller#69
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Oracene is her MOM, for God's sake! How else do you think she would react?

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 06:12 AM
serena lost. justine saved tennis in my opinion! thank god she did what she did to spare 90% of the tennis fans from seeing a williams sister in the final! GO JENNIFER IN YO FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least a Williams sister is healthy reaching the semis with possibilities of winning. Not like Jennifer who's looking like Homer Simpson, losing to everybody, and when she's on a second week of a GS, she's already tired, and only looking for the exit.. Ah and Jennifer's not on the finals either.. And she won't be in any final so soon.. While Venus and Serena's are the contenders again for Wimbledon :kiss:

SJW
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:15 AM
this thread just shows how the level of respect in this game has sunk

Oracene is the classiest person out there, shes often seen cheering FOR the opponent against her own child and is rarely seen TRYING to coach/encourage her daughters from the sideline

Gabby i would think long and hard as to whether u want to stand by those earlier comments...you either dont ever pay attention to Oracenes behaviour, or ur bitter about something (which is amazin due to the circumstances)

just be happy and enjoy today

ps does "your full of shit! you need to go back to the sattelite tour!!" from a famous male player to a chair umpire ring a bell?

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:22 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/serenawebchat0529web.jpg

Oracene j ustwants to see her daughter like that!

SJW
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:24 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

Jordan.
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Does Serena have freckles? :rolleyes:

heninrules
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:33 AM
i suppose oracene is doing what every mother would do and is protecting and defending her child. so i'm not surprised she reacted in this way

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 7th, 2003, 10:37 AM
yeah exactly!

bis2806
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Oracene is cool!!! :D

BasicTennis
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:11 AM
French and Belgian crowds have no class...they're the lowest form of European tennis fans.:worship:

F-R-E-A-K
Jun 7th, 2003, 01:12 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/serenawebchat0529web.jpg

Oracene just wants to see her daughter like that!

:)

Informative
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Hooray for Oracene!--ALWAYS SMARTER AND CLASSIER THAN HER CLUELESS CRITICS...

Becool
Jun 7th, 2003, 02:29 PM

And Vera's teeth? Why she doesn't go to a dentist?

CiCi Bonus Baby
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:34 PM

hein????

r u an idiot or am i?
u're either senseless or insensitive.
can't work it out.

SMBAYW!

SJW
Jun 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
French and Belgian crowds have no class...they're the lowest form of European tennis fans.:worship:

yea, you know ur in trouble when English fans are the classiest fans in Europe :angel:

servenrichie
Jun 7th, 2003, 11:10 PM
I wont even bother going thru the debris. It seems so many roaches are out with Williams loosing. Hey, enjoy it while it last...

K.F.C
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:40 AM
I think Oracene is just like any other mother who wants to protect her children...

Besides, I've seen Oracene applauded to Justine after the match on TV....