PDA

View Full Version : whatever

shap_half
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:25 PM
I was really happy that Justine defeated Serena today. I really, really am, because I am such a big Justine fan! She was aggressive and she really just took care of Serena like it was no one's business! i'm ecstatic. I was though a bit disappointed with the time out serve and the way she denied it but I don't think it had anything to do with her winning the match. so I don't really appreciate hearing people say that Justine cheated her way into winning this match up. Because it really was an insignificant part of the match. It was disappointing to see Justine do it but I don't think it's fair to accuse her of having cheated to win the match. And the crowd will get rowdy and it's something a top contender just needs to get used to. It's part of tennis and people have emotions. Most of the people who were there were rooting for Justine to win and they were excited, Serena should have known this. And people really need to stop blaming the crowd for Serena's loss. The same thing would have happened to the Amelie match had the match had been closer and more fought out. Serena knew it might happen against Amelie, I don't think she was as prepared for it having happened against Justine.

I can understand why people think Justine's a bitch and why the French crowd had a big part in the loss, but if you can't handle the crowd, then it's your fault. If the crowd gets rowdy, you need to be able to shut it out of your mind and just focus. That's what a champion should be able to do.

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Good points shap half