PDA

View Full Version : Serena's Interview

chicagofan
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Wow. It makes me very sad for her. She seems really affected by the crowd's reaction. She cries almost through the whole thing. And it doesn't seem to be about the loss. More the crowd.

Keith
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I personally think it is nice to see a softer side of Serena. Usually she is all "I'm the best, I never lose, I'm sexy" blah blah blah...

Beleive it or not, people get sick of hearing that. I'm not a follower of her, but I think it is nice to see some emotion from her other than how great she thinks she is.

I feel bad about the crowd, I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to be so unpopular, but my guess is that Serena will overcome it.

theultimateone
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Why should it bother you what Serena thinks of herself? At least she wins because she is the best, and not because she has to lie, cheat and steal to win. And contrary to what you wrote, Serena is anything but "unpopular." Serena's popularity won't ever be measured by a bush of SAVAGES.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Unpopular :eek:

Those same people that are booing Serena would be stampeding each other to get her autograph.

1jackson2001
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Unpopular :eek:

Those same people that are booing Serena would be stampeding each other to get her autograph.

Those French people are quite indecisive about how they feel about Serena, aren't they? ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Those French people are quite indecisive about how they feel about Serena, aren't they? ;)
LOL....it's not just Serena and it's not just the French crowd -- it's any sports crowd.

The heat of the moment and action of the game lends you to be very emotional. But when all is said and done, you still respect the player that you are rooting against.