PDA

View Full Version : Oracene Price on French Fans

tennisIlove09
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, criticized the fans.

"A lack of class and total ignorance," she said. "Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:59 PM
I just find this whole situation to be sad. It's really a shame.

Even Oracene realized the horror of the event.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:10 PM
of course the justine henin fans will now race in here and say oracene is overreacting and that the french fans were unbiased and did nothing shamefull.

Those fans today sucked bigtime but serena could have pulled that match out if she was stronger on her serve today. Dont worry serena in tennis there is always another match and another tournament justine will get hers soon enough.

Pinkie
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Her mother and coach, Oracene Price, criticized the fans.

"A lack of class and total ignorance," she said. "Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."

Kinda like holding up a sign saying "It's Venus's party and no one is invited" ? ;)

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Kinda like holding up a sign saying "It's Venus's party and no one is invited" ? ;)
Yeah, last time I checked, Oracene and Richard were the same person and even got along. :rolleyes:

treufreund
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:17 PM
The CROWD was rude cybelle but why write JUSTINE will get hers! Serena was not mad at Justine. it was the crowd who was rude. also there were quite a few who cheered juju's faults too.

TartarVicario
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:21 PM
I think Henin & Her Fans're suck!!!!!!

Now I verry verry hate Justin she is a verry bad player.......

ToeTag
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Well I'm not surprised Orecene,felt the fans treated Serena badly,after all she is her mum and she wants to protect her kid from what she perceived as rude or classless.....I don't agree with her.Can you imagine if the mother of a baseball pitcher,who had just lost the World Series,came out and said the same thing :eek: he would be laughed out of the sport.Tennis needs rowdy crowds...if you want to refer to French crowd as rowdy...I don't!

maryjane
i have never thought in my life,as Jen's fan,to be agree with oracene or to go for serena...I mean ...the french crowd is so stupid...why to behave like that?she's the number one of the world,she deserves respect.if amelia is such a fearfull girl it's not serena's fault!!!
stupid,stupid and stupid again...

lakeway11
well the lack-of-class French fans was well established back in '99 also when booing Hingis...nothing like a little emotion to bring out their true colors

kyk710
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I agree with Oracene! That must have been so hard for her! :sad:

korben
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:58 PM
"Or they just don't know tennis and the etiquette of tennis."

Maybe she should teach her daughter that part of that etiquette is to shake hands with umpire :rolleyes:

Habsudovafan
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:08 PM
What would oracene have said if Serene won.......

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Maybe she should teach her daughter that part of that etiquette is to shake hands with umpire :rolleyes:
In case you didn't see you moron, Serena did shake the hands of the umpire after the match. She skipped by him at first, but she realized that and went back.

Do people think before they speak?? :rolleyes:

maximus82
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:22 PM
I am happy that Henin won, but agree with everybody - The French crowds were out of hand today and exhibited very poor manners in actively cheering AGAINST a player, as opposed to FOR a player. I mean, it wasn't as bad as the treatment Hingis got, but at least in that case Hingis did a few things that some could say made her 'deserve' the booing...whereas Serena was pretty much just playing today w/o being controversial at all!

bmxbandit
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:39 PM
yea, Serena shook hands, and apologized for forgetting it at first. they both laughed.

she really isn't such a bad person...

fammmmedspin
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Oracene is right but saying it just makes a similar response next year more likely as the French crowd has the memory of an elephant and does hold grudges. She should ask for an enquiry into the umpiring though. He started the real nastyness by making 3 line calls himself, confirmed his own call in a cursory and unconvincing way and then failed to protect Serena from the fans he, not the girls, had angered.

korben
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:49 PM
In case you didn't see you moron, Serena did shake the hands of the umpire after the match. She skipped by him at first, but she realized that and went back.

Do people think before they speak?? :rolleyes:

She did :confused: Im terribly sorry. I missed it... :sad: Sorry again.

o0O0o
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Well is anyone suprised at Oracene? French fans are very into the match and know their tennis very well. Some American fans just sit in their chairs sleeping and don't know the difference between a game point and a break point. The French crowds get into the match at the slightest momentum shifts and although they are harsh they make the sport fun.

Oracene, however, knows nothing about tennis. Could you imagine her ever picking up a tennis racket? LOL she covers a lot of net though so she would be good at doubles.

Oracene has been making some stupid comments this year. First it was "Venus is so classless and rude" back in 1997 and "her sister is nicer, more friendly." Then Richard showed up and is the most hated man in sports. Then Serena started faking illnesses and became #1 and now it's "Serena is very arrogant and rude." And now the mom of the family is showing her true colors...

...It's amazing to have a whole family full of low-lifes and I see where Venus and Serena get their additude.

CC
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Look everybody, I'm quoting OOOOO. Point and laugh:

"Oracene, however, knows nothing about tennis."

lizchris
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Well is anyone suprised at Oracene? French fans are very into the match and know their tennis very well. Some American fans just sit in their chairs sleeping and don't know the difference between a game point and a break point. The French crowds get into the match at the slightest momentum shifts and although they are harsh they make the sport fun.

Oracene, however, knows nothing about tennis. Could you imagine her ever picking up a tennis racket? LOL she covers a lot of net though so she would be good at doubles.

Oracene has been making some stupid comments this year. First it was "Venus is so classless and rude" back in 1997 and "her sister is nicer, more friendly." Then Richard showed up and is the most hated man in sports. Then Serena started faking illnesses and became #1 and now it's "Serena is very arrogant and rude." And now the mom of the family is showing her true colors...

...It's amazing to have a whole family full of low-lifes and I see where Venus and Serena get their additude.

If Oracene knows nothing about tennis, then why is her younest child a career Grand Slam winner and her next to youngest child a four time Grand Slam winner? I guess Els Clijsters and Francuiose (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) Mauresmo are geniuses.

Jakeev
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:27 PM
If Oracene knows nothing about tennis, then why is her younest child a career Grand Slam winner and her next to youngest child a four time Grand Slam winner? I guess Els Clijsters and Francuiose (sorry if I spelled her name wrong) Mauresmo are geniuses.

But neither are involved in their child's game. Big difference. Beside the point, Oracene did not say anything we did not know already.

The French crowds have been like this for years so it's not surprising they did it again today.