PDA

View Full Version : A chink in the armor of the World #1 SERENA

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:10 PM
BASHERS stay away.. this isn't a thread bashing either Ree or Justine... I'm looking for some thoughtful commentary! I have always thought that one of the greatest weapons of the Williams sisters besides their incredible fitness & talent is their unshakable confidence. When they said ( I think it was Rena) that she never thinks she's going to lose, I believe her. And they were dominant enough to feel each & every match that they would not lose -- ever! No matter how far down, match point, whatever.. they were virtually unbeatable, especially in the slams.

Now I think that's changed for BOTH sisters. It was already changing for Venus cause of her many losses to Serena.. but other players were beating her as well. Now I think it's possible Serena will begin to feel "mortal" too. What do you guys think?

Kart
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:27 PM
No for Serena.

As for Venus, she's a different player on any other surface except maybe rebound ace.

BK4ever
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I dont think Serena has anything to worry about at this point...all her losses this year have been on her worse surface...if she starts to lose regularly in the next few weeks then I think she should begin to worry...

She played her heart out their today, but she succumbed to the pressure and that is something she has to overcome...she has been great in overcoming hostile crowds...and she just couldnt do it today :(

You have to gift Juju credit for taking her opportunities, even if they came to her by way of a hostile crowd...

I also wish people would stop saying that Serena didnt shake her hand because she did, it wasnt the greatest handshake but she did shake her hand...even Henin said that Serena did...