PDA

View Full Version : Saw a little bit of juniors today!

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:16 PM
I saw the end of the van Boekel/Kix match. Well, I don't think I will cheer for Dominique again! She is a shocker! She always takes so long between each point, trying to put the othr player off, and she is seriously worse than Lleyton with her fist pumping and come ons!!! Plus she had two guys in the crowd yelling "come on" or "this is your match" or "one more Dominique" after every point! How annoying! Poor Daniela was in tears after the match! :( (She's quite pretty ehh!). ;) I got some pix... Domi won, but she plays Elke next, so I know who I want to win!

Then I saw the first set of Elke Clijsters/Tatiana Golovin vs Hannah Nooni/Ana Vrjlic. Having never seen any of them before, it was quite easy to pick out Elke and Tatiana! :) They had to wait at the start of their match for an umpire actually! There wasn't one at the court! They were on Court 20, which is usually a practice court, and there were no seats (which is hwy I only stuck around for 7 games! lol) Actually, in the 5th game, Elke fell over in the middle of a point. She was standing at the net, about 2 metres from me, and she went to move back, and she rolled her ankle, and hurt her knee a bit. I hope it's not too bad. She called for the trainer at the next change of ends, and then she looked OK in the next two games she played. I hope it won't affect her singles! (Oh yeah, guess who was standing right by me for the first few games - Lleytons parents)!

I got some pics of all players I saw today. I'm getting them developed tomorrow, so will post them soon! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
poor Daniela, she was serving for match as well and lost it completely :(

sarah.... did you see any others ??

I was around watching the girls until around 4pm, left after Svetlana won her match.

Brαm
Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:49 PM
Oh no!! :(

Poor Elke!! :( Let's hope her knee is alright!

Beat Dominique Van Roo.. oops... Boekel!! ;)

DutchieGirl
Jan 24th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by TheBoiledEgg
poor Daniela, she was serving for match as well and lost it completely :(

sarah.... did you see any others ??

I was around watching the girls until around 4pm, left after Svetlana won her match.

No, that was all I saw because I watched Kim-Juju and Jen-Amelie. Only when Wayne retired I went out to watch some juniors, but I have to leave around 5pm anyway!

TS
Jan 24th, 2002, 01:37 PM
hehe, I was there today and this girl walks past me and I read her name tag and I got up to "Dominque Van..." and I couldnt read the rest, and I'm saying to my friend (in a true 'bonde' moment...no offence u blonde posters ;))...hey is that Dominique Van Roost? :o lol, never mind the fact they are separated by over 10 years in age and look nothing alike!