PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the boring all belgian final...

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Let the snooze fest begin. Now that kim has breezed through her cake walk draw and serena lost her break fest to justine the first all belgian grand slam final heads to a television near you. Dont forget your pillow.

damdoum
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:39 PM
What the hell are you talking about ?
Kim and Justine both deserve to reach the final !

Justine... or when braininess, talent and fighting-spirit outclass power...

Thanks Justine... you made my day !!!

Greetings from Brussels

arn
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:46 PM
hehe, at least not another boring Williams final. And we knows, the final can become very interesting with great tennis. Just wait and see before complaining.

E. Blackadder
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:57 PM
We fell asleep several times during the Wiliams finals :rolleyes:

selesfan
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:05 PM
LOL@this thread :)

Diya
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:15 PM
LOL :D :rolleyes:

Diya
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:21 PM
LOL :D :rolleyes:

Kart
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Sarcasm is the highest form of wit.

Elleke
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:24 PM
:rolleyes:

Yak
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Boring? Maybe...

But at least, we'll see rallies over 5 shots!

Glenn
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:28 PM
HAHA CYBELLE IS SO SORE, hehehe!
OK, first of all, nothing is more boring than an all Williams final so it can't get any worse than that.
Second of all, did you watch any of their match-ups ever? lol
They've had some great great matches in the past, the best was the semifinal of RG in 2001, but notable mentions are Rosmalen 2001 final, Berlin 2003 final, Sydney 2003 semi.
All top class matches, so there :p

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM
HAHA CYBELLE IS SO SORE, hehehe!
OK, first of all, nothing is more boring than an all Williams final so it can't get any worse than that.
Second of all, did you watch any of their match-ups ever? lol
They've had some great great matches in the past, the best was the semifinal of RG in 2001, but notable mentions are Rosmalen 2001 final, Berlin 2003 final, Sydney 2003 semi.
All top class matches, so there :p

keep telling yourself that a few hundred times and maybe one day you will believe it. anyway I thought kim would be winning a slam sooner or later anyway.

c2
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Cybelle, doll, sour grapes don't suit you :wavey: Your girls will be back...

jrm
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:09 PM
chick fight yet again: on this side of the net Williams' fans and on the other the whole Belgium

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:11 PM
YEAH!! WE GET TO WATCH THE QUARTERFINALS OF THE SEASON CHAMPS ALL OVER AGAIN!! :bounce:

I love it how people complain about the All Williams Finals being boring, and then root for the All Belgian Final, which are just as boring.

Talking about hypocritcal. :rolleyes:

nicky
Jun 5th, 2003, 07:23 PM
I love it how people complain about the All Williams Finals being boring, and then root for the All Belgian Final, which are just as boring.

How would you know? It' a first ;) :D.

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:15 PM
It's not the first all Belgian Meeting. ;)

And they have all been boring as well. :rolleyes:

per4ever
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:19 PM
LMAO really boring...you probably didn't watch the final in Berlin then :)

Glenn
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:20 PM
YEAH!! WE GET TO WATCH THE QUARTERFINALS OF THE SEASON CHAMPS ALL OVER AGAIN!! :bounce:

Talking about hypocritcal. :rolleyes:
OK, one match out of all their meetings was crap, your point? :confused:

Serena Enhanced
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Oh, how I see that people here are so sore because Serena lost. Serena is good, but today she lost and there is no excuse! If Serena won, I'd see 10 threads on how Serena kicked Justine's ass back to Belgium. I know it hurts. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I love Serena, but I am sure that she would not want to have some fans like she does here. Pick up and move on fellow Serena fans.

treufreund
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:28 PM
the finals of Berlin was three VERY CLOSE SETS with Justine fighting off 3 championship pts to defeat kim. definitely not boring!

THE NET
Jun 5th, 2003, 08:30 PM
I think it will be boring...maybe much boring than Venus-Serena final. :rolleyes:
Kim is boring herself. :o
I hope Justine will win easily.
But, I really don't care. ;)

Venus Forever
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:01 PM
No, I didn't see the Berlin one because of this stupid Tennis Channel crap.

But, everyone I have seen has been less than stellar, and of the same quality of some of the Williams matches.

And to say all were boring, of the Williams matches, is really insane. Maybe not all were high quality, like Wimbledon, but there was drama, especially in Melbourne.

LeonHart
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:09 PM
I think the belgian final will be much more interesting than the Williams one. Both of them wants to win this as their first grandslam, esp. Justine who wants to win it for her mom :). I guarantee u that the loser won't whip out their camera and start taking pictures like last year...:o

Habsudovafan
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Boring?? Remember the semi 2 years ago.

Cersei
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:16 PM
will everybody just stop nagging.jeez

E. Blackadder
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:16 PM
I think it will be boring...maybe much boring than Venus-Serena final. :rolleyes:
Kim is boring herself. :o
I hope Justine will win easily.
But, I really don't care. ;)

ah I already started to wonder where THE 'Anything to bash kim' NET would give his nice comments on Kim reaching the final :)

Hendouble
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Having sat through four consecutive screeching contests between the Williams sisters, I find it incredible that somebody could suggest that a different pair of faces in a Grand Slam final will be dull. It's possible that it could end up being one-sided, but with the way Justine is playing and the psychological advantage of the Berlin final, I think it'll be a great match. Bottom line, you've got contrasting styles and personalities and two players from contrasting regions of Belgium. I will most certainly not be snoozing.

selesfan87
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Better than a Weingartner, Frzier final? Wait, that'll never happen.

starr
Jun 5th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

More boring tennis please!! :)

lol... what could be more boring than two people playing where no one really cares which one wins? The achievement was already in both of them reaching the finals and not in the outcome itself.

But I see that all the boastful Williams threads have been replaced by a bevy of crying and complaining Williams threads. This does my heart good.

I haven't seen the match yet. I hope they are showing it again tonight. I logged onto the Roland Garros site and saw the brilliant result and read the descriptive article. I had to let out a shout.

It is very difficult to win a calendar year Grand Slam and defending so many big points is nerve wracking.

fifiricci
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:53 PM
We fell asleep several times during the Wiliams finals :rolleyes:

LOL Rhythmboy!! That says it all mate.

Crazy Canuck
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:05 PM
I hope that some of you will be joining the rest of infront of the TV Saturday morning, sour grapes in hand :kiss:

It must be so hard being a Serena fan, having to suffer these HORRIBLE losses a few times a year *sniff*

Ryan
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Please give me boring all-belgian finals anyday over Williams finals.

Dava
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Actually yes Sydney and LA where like watching flys dance on shit, but Berlin! WOW! One of the matches of the year.

mentos
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:11 PM
:wavey: oafs sharing a sardine can...tightly packed in there, huh? ;)

Tarsius
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Big deal. Then dont watch it. No one's forcing you. I know I wouldn't have watched another Williams-Williams knowing Serena would beat Venus again as usual.

After four times, now THAT was boring.

jenny161185
Jun 5th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Two of the most exciting players in the world both competing for their first grand slam trophy, cybelle I dont think they'll really care if your watching or not

gladysharon
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Go Justine!! :bounce: :bounce:

TonyP
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:09 AM
This should be anything but boring. Both have something to prove. Both should want it very, very badly. It could be a great big cases of nerves, but I don't think so. I think this one is going 3 sets.

-Sonic-
Jun 6th, 2003, 12:46 AM
I can't wait to enjoy a GS final once again... was far too habituated to the all sis finals, when i wasn't 100% interested in it after the first one, so just the new stimulus in front of me will keep me more interested.

1jackson2001
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:01 AM
All I have to say is go Justine!

Lisbeth
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:22 AM
If Juju hits even one backhand and Kim does even one of those brilliant slide to an unreachable ball and hit a winner things she does, I won't be bored at all. I know (assume?!) it's a joke thread but they have such different styles it should be a great match unless Juju loses her nerve (unlikely after today!).

disposablehero
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Let the snooze fest begin. Now that kim has breezed through her cake walk draw and serena lost her break fest to justine the first all belgian grand slam final heads to a television near you. Dont forget your pillow.

It's only boring if Kim loses.

Venus Forever
Jun 6th, 2003, 01:56 AM
I honestly don't believe any of the Williams matches were boring.

You have to take things into considerationg. No one hits as hard as them, no one runs as fast as them, no one can create offense off a defensive position as much as they do. Those are a lot of factors, and its hard to have two people, possibly the best in each element of the game, produce amazing tennis.

I mean, it's hard to open the court up with another player hitting so hard back defensively.

It's hard to hit winners when the other player is so fast.

What does this lead to, UFE's.

Sorry people, but you can't always get what you want. I'm sick of hearing all the complaints about the Williams finals. Well, if it's so boring, STOP WATCHING IT. They were the two best players in the world at the moment, let it go. They deserved to be there, so stop bitching.

And i honestly believe all this "boring" excuse, is just what it is, an excuse. It's an excuse to criticize the Williams sisters. It's an excuse because you don't like them.

If Kim and Justine play another match like the Quarterfinals of the Season End Champs, will we hear this same "boring" excuse from the Beligian fans, the same ones who complained about the Williams finals?? I doubt it.

My point, WHO CARES?!?! The best players got there. If you don't like them, don't watch them. If you do watch them, DON'T COMPLAIN.

~ The Leopard ~
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:05 AM
It's the first time they meet in a GS final. It doesn't really matter if their previous meeting were boring. And it means we will have a new GS champion.

However if they make 4 GS final in a row, you'll see people complaining.

So, no hypocrisy.

Exactly. :worship:

I realise that this is mainly a joke thread, but it actually will be boring if we start getting Juju vs Kimmie at every GS. I can't see it happening, though.

Jericho
Jun 6th, 2003, 02:05 AM
i dont see why anyone should complain about a grand slam final, because the two players were good enough to reach the finals and deserve to be there...and yes the williams haters are lucky to have excuse about the all sisters finals...

Cybelle Darkholme
Jun 7th, 2003, 03:30 PM
I hope that some of you will be joining the rest of infront of the TV Saturday morning, sour grapes in hand :kiss:

It must be so hard being a Serena fan, having to suffer these HORRIBLE losses a few times a year *sniff*

Yes I did tune in over breakfast to watch the HORRIBLE mess they called a match. I wonder what was more excting? The bagel? The noncompetitive first set? The seventy unforced errors in 16 games? The unrelenting choking? its just so much to choose from.